Sunday Legend 2016

O'Doyle Rules

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone on Facebook glasto chat page is claiming the BBC have an interview with Phil Collins which is embargoed until Monday. 

I have no idea how reliable the poster is, I only occasionally browse, for all I know he could be the worlds biggest troll, but thought I'd mention it. 

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Someone on Facebook glasto chat page is claiming the BBC have an interview with Phil Collins which is embargoed until Monday. 

I have no idea how reliable the poster is, I only occasionally browse, for all I know he could be the worlds biggest troll, but thought I'd mention it. 

7 minutes ago, Tim2006 said:

Surely it's going to be Barry M. The U.K. Leg of his tour finishes only a few days before the festival!!

Fucking 'ell, so it's between total arsegravy and a flaccid 12 incher.

Hoorah.

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Yeah, but then again, this time last year many people would've described the bulk of Lionel's output as total arsegravy, and he did ok. 

Yeah but Lionel pulled it off because of his charm and humility on stage. Phil Collins is a self serving gobshite who dodges tax and refused to return back to the UK until the Tories were back in power. When you're essentially playing 80s cheese, its the person who's playing it that makes all the difference. 

17 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Yeah, but then again, this time last year many people would've described the bulk of Lionel's output as total arsegravy, and he did ok. 

"He did OK" - Personally I'd say he did a bit better than that.

Not sure if anybody has mentioned him already but Van Morrison? Playing at Hampton Court Palace Festival on 14/06? Then in Ireland on 03/07? Obviously a big gap but Glastonbury does fall in to that gap. Also see George Benson who is playing in Manchester Friday 24/06, Bournemouth 25/06, nothing planned for Sunday (Glastonbury Legend or West Holts headliner maybe?) then in Birmingham Monday 27/06.

12 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cue this bad boy up on Spotify for some Friday night listening:

R-2290922-1291761868.jpeg.jpg

See ye's down the front for It's A Miracle.

The weird bloke that pretty much lives in the bus stop opposite our house arguing with anything made of plastic in the bin actually knocked on our door tonight asking if I knew where Pontius Pilate was and it was less terrifying than seeing that photo of #wrongbazza by about whichever number you care to add in superscript to 3.00 x 10 8* m/s.

*can't do superscript on my phone.

17 hours ago, jimmyt said:

I really hate Manilow - don't get it at all. Naff pop songs not even sung. Is it too much to hope for John Fogerty's long overdue return? He is free for a trip to Europe through June.

John Fogerty was my highlight in 2007, cartainly legendary enough and plenty of well known songs.

how about  Ray and Dave Davies now they are talking and performed together just before Xmas.

On 30 January 2016 at 4:28 PM, stocky3000 said:

Will Smith after last nights comments...

More likely for bestival you would think

Depends how much he knows about UK festivals I guess. He may want to do Glastonbury because people he knows have told him about it... That's how they got Lionel.