Sunday Legend 2016

O'Doyle Rules

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, TheSilence said:

Calling them idiots has nothing to do with their music taste, it has something to do with their intelligence, of which personal preference has no link (in most cases). 

If you care to notice, I didn't call them 'idiots'.

I called them 'idjuts', and the mis-spelling was deliberate.

For other idjuts, also see anyone with an iPhone.

I could go on, but i won't. :)

Just now, russycarps said:

why? he ticks all the boxes. It'll be good to put a stop to the "guilty pleasure" acts of the last couple of years

Because he has been widely discussed and it's ELO rather than a solo act. And not very good, of course - in my opinion ;)  Probably just my ELO blind spot, but I don't think he's got enough singalong songs.

Just a feeling in my bones that if he plays, it'll be another time, but still Pyramid obvs.

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Why has the manilow rumour risen to the surface again like a turd that wont flush?

Because hes playing in London on the Thursday, its his last ever tour and hes perfect for the redcoat loving Sunday day trippers. Glasto could actually be his last ever gig going by the tour dates. And he would've seen what Lionels performance did for record sales last year. 

He will not flush unfortunately though, correct. Like a lamb for lunch, beef for dinner next day shit.

We need to face the facts here and plan around it. The Sunday Legends slot is Barry fucking Manilow. 

21 minutes ago, mattyc1965 said:

My defence is easy - but will be ignored......

I do not like Westlife but they were not bad at what they did and many liked them. Those who liked them probably did not like much of the punk I liked. That made neither bad, we just did not share the same taste.

All music that someone really does not like, to them, is bad (or shit). All music they like is not bad (or shit). Someone else will have the alternate opinion.

You might like to expand and replace the word 'music' with just about anything...... but I don't. I am happy for others to have their own opinion even if it differs from mine. If we all liked the same and thought the same wouldn't the world be a dull place!

That's all really nice, and we all know it's true, but do you think that music is good or bad? Having an opinion is not a crime, and it's not to be confused with the negative behaviour you've outlined.

Lionel is back again...

14 June - Eden Sessions, Eden Project, St Austell
{On sale Tuesday 8 December - 4pm GMT}

18 June - Liberty Stadium, Swansea
19 June - Eirias Stadium, Colywn Bay
22 June - Sheffield Arena, Sheffield
25 June - Weston Homes Community Stadium, Colchester
26 June - Kingsholm Stadium, Gloucester

11 minutes ago, Bradders said:

All this "no music is bad, it's just not for me" bullshit is how we've ended up with Coldplay, Muse and Adele headlining Glastonbury.

Fight for your opinions! Up with snobbery!

Spot on. If we cant be music snobs on a music forum then where can we? 

Most music is complete and total shit, and anyone who chooses to listen to that over all the brilliant music out there is either a fucking idiot or just a stupid c**t. 

That's all there is to it really.

25 minutes ago, Bradders said:

All this "no music is bad, it's just not for me" bullshit is how we've ended up with Coldplay, Muse and Adele headlining Glastonbury.

Fight for your opinions! Up with snobbery!

these people obviously haven't heard Bastille!! errrghhh

1 minute ago, tonyblair said:

So you don't think that...  

yeah, I do. :rolleyes:

You're just some weirdo who mostly posts their opinion with a question mark on the end via which you give yourself a back-track channel to most things you say, because you're scared of your own opinion and even more scared of what others might think of you for it.

Some of us aren't scared little mice.

3 minutes ago, Badlands said:

What we all dressing as if Billy Joel is booked? I reckon I can knock up a 'Baby Grand' Outfit in time for June, it'll be a bit wide mind.

I'll certainly be looking for an uptown girl to charm with my downtown boy demeanour