• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere don't whip me

Room for a sub.. Lineup page has updated

Matt - please Stop fearing a backlash.

Just post away... It's what you are best at

100% agree with what Fuzzy D said and also I apologise again for anything I posted in the past that may have upset you.

Post away - you help make this forum fun and are far nicer and more helpful on it that some others whose names shall not be mentioned here.

For some reason I could just see Swifty/Strokes playing that slot and them billing it as a co-headliner deal. It will be difficult for them to try and find 3 hours from somewhere to fill the gap without them bringing in a fresh act. 

I can't see Foals playing. There are too many bands touring right now that could do that slot without asking a band that is not currently playing shows. 8/9 days really isn't that long to prepare, especially for a band like Foals who aren't exactly used to playing mega gigs like this. 

For some reason I could just see Swifty/Strokes playing that slot and them billing it as a co-headliner deal. It will be difficult for them to try and find 3 hours from somewhere to fill the gap without them bringing in a fresh act. 

I can't see Foals playing. There are too many bands touring right now that could do that slot without asking a band that is not currently playing shows. 8/9 days really isn't that long to prepare, especially for a band like Foals who aren't exactly used to playing mega gigs like this. 

they are playing shows in July

they are playing shows in July

Yes I know but Glastonbury is a massive deal for it to be your first show of a tour. They will have a rehearsal schedule planned, and having to prepare for a such a massive gig on such short notice is a big ask.

Edit: And again, if they wanted Foals to play Glastonbury this year, surely they would already be on the bill. Again, I think they are another band penciled in for next year. 

Edited by jparx

Can't see it being Foals, only because I think they'll headline the Friday next year after two big singles come from the new album. If not, they'll at least sub the Pyramid next year.

My money is on the Strokes being added after their Hyde Park gig with a 1hr20 odd set and perhaps Motorhead/others getting a little bit longer each.

Can't see it being Foals, only because I think they'll headline the Friday next year after two big singles come from the new album. If not, they'll at least sub the Pyramid next year.

My money is on the Strokes being added after their Hyde Park gig with a 1hr20 odd set and perhaps Motorhead/others getting a little bit longer each.

Foals headlining Glasto before R&L? Nah