Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Sorry to be a dick, but I have been under a self-imposed efests ban since before Christmas (my work was affected).  Can someone sum up the previous 374 pages to answer the question: What % likelihood that P***** will headline?

pretty much zero, unless they've managed to keep him a huge secret this time round. i think last year was the final straw as far as attempting to book him is concerned

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

pretty much zero, unless they've managed to keep him a huge secret this time round. i think last year was the final straw as far as attempting to book him is concerned

Thanks.  It is what I assumed.  I just though maybe this year they actually kept it under wraps.  

So to be a dick again, what's the best guess? Muse, Coldplay?  Foos?

Just now, karaseen said:

Thanks.  It is what I assumed.  I just though maybe this year they actually kept it under wraps.  

Muse, Adele, Coldplay (in that order) with a possibility of Radiohead replacing either Muse or Adele. And a possibility that Muse play but don't headline.

Just now, karaseen said:

Muse Adele and Coldplay is best guess at the moment. Radiohead and Foo Fighters both cant be ruled out completely though :)

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Muse, Adele, Coldplay (in that order) with a possibility of Radiohead replacing either Muse or Adele. And a possibility that Muse play but don't headline.

4 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Muse Adele and Coldplay is best guess at the moment. Radiohead and Foo Fighters both cant be ruled out completely though :)

Thanks!! Very helpful.  Last year when I hadn't been on here in a while I went back through and read over 200 pages of comments, but it kept growing as I was reading up to 285. A sisyphean task, so thanks very much. Was fully expecting to be voted down for asking about P*****

22 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Sorry to be a dick, but I have been under a self-imposed efests ban since before Christmas (my work was affected).  Can someone sum up the previous 374 pages to answer the question: What % likelihood that P***** will headline?

My work definitely gets in the way of my efests posting 

40 minutes ago, Chawk said:

What do you mean? Which way did Orbital go? I've only really listened to Orbital 2 and love it. 

I'm not slating Orbital, they're one of my favourite bands, but history will show that people gradually got bored of them and they spit-up (twice).

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Can we dismiss FF now then, or you just have nothing but The Sun link to give them?

Almost nothing has said foos to me, apart from The Sun, and I think they're wrong. It's an obvious guess to make of course - and could still be right - but I'd have expected their name to have floated past me in many other ways, and it hasn't. It's also worth noting that it's exceedingly unlikely the sun is able to get 'inside info' on the foos from this side of the pond, at least. Some bands are easy, the foos are not.

But the one thing I have heard supposedly came from the lips of someone senior who works at the farm, so it's difficult to rule out entirely. I totally believe those words left those lips, but I'm less sure the words were accurate (perhaps either to deliberately deceive, or because they don't actually know but wanted to appear knowing). Because of the number of wrong things that have come from farm lips before now, I know I shouldn't fully believe it's true. It might just be a repeat of what's been written in the sun.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Almost nothing has said foos to me, apart from The Sun, and I think they're wrong. It's an obvious guess to make of course - and could still be right - but I'd have expected their name to have floated past me in many other ways, and it hasn't. It's also worth noting that it's exceedingly unlikely the sun is able to get 'inside info' on the foos from this side of the pond, at least. Some bands are easy, the foos are not.

But the one thing I have heard supposedly came from the lips of someone senior who works at the farm, so it's difficult to rule out entirely. I totally believe those words left those lips, but I'm less sure the words were accurate (perhaps either to deliberately deceive, or because they don't actually know but wanted to appear knowing). Because of the number of wrong things that have come from farm lips before now, I know I shouldn't fully believe it's true. It might just be a repeat of what's been written in the sun.

Fairplay man, now all we need it a few more hints over your thoughts for the R&L header(s) :)

Interesting. Just re-watched Matt Bellamy interview with Zane Lowe from November, speaking about Glasto and how they've headlined twice already and only a handful of bands have done 3 times as if he takes pride of it. 

Really can't see them accepting anything less. They're either there headlining or not. Will be astounded if not