Full Theatre & Circus Lineup Announced!

Icewulf

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great stuff there. Always something good going on in T&C.

I saw Marcus Brigstocke do his policy unit thing at Latitude last year. He was joined by Andrew Maxwell and Mark Steel, it was exceptionally funny.

Edited by Gnomicide

I've never heard of mik artistik, but seen a few people talk about him on efests. Who/what is he? What does he do?

After years of wanting to but never getting around to, i made the decision to see john cooper Clarke last year, he was fucking ace. Hoping to catch him again this year.

I've never heard of mik artistik, but seen a few people talk about him on efests. Who/what is he? What does he do?

What does Mik Artistik do? Er...well...he sings songs about things he finds in skips, wrist watches that don't work, and leaves that get stuck on his wind screen. You really have to see him several times.

As a huge comedy fan, I go back and forth on the cabaret line-up. There are some great acts that do it every year, and I kinda do like seeing them every year, but on the other hand, some variety might be nice. Part of me wants them to chuck out every regular and book entirely new acts, there's so much good stuff out there. John Cooper-Clarke headlined last year and did great... so they get him back again this year. It's just a bit pedestrian.

Bought home a bit this year as two of my favourite acts that are on every year (Mitch Benn and Craig Campbell) are not there. Wouldn't mind so much if it were a radical overhaul of the whole line-up but it really is 90% the same as last year...

What does Mik Artistik do? Er...well...he sings songs about things he finds in skips, wrist watches that don't work, and leaves that get stuck on his wind screen. You really have to see him several times.

I've also hear someone has his album but I don't think we talk about that any more which is a shame

I'd be lying if I said I recognised about 90% of the names on there.

For the Cabaret, it really doesn't matter. Either someone entertains you or they don't, they don't need to be famous to do that, you don't need to know the tunes to get the fullest experience.

Cabaret is one of my favourite places on site. I'll wander in, and watch whatever's on, and I'll tend to stay in there for as long as I'm finding the acts good - which might be five minutes (hellooo Arthur Smith, you were dreadful!) or it might perhaps extend into hours (it did back in the days of Malcolm Hardee).

As a huge comedy fan, I go back and forth on the cabaret line-up. There are some great acts that do it every year, and I kinda do like seeing them every year, but on the other hand, some variety might be nice. Part of me wants them to chuck out every regular and book entirely new acts, there's so much good stuff out there. John Cooper-Clarke headlined last year and did great... so they get him back again this year. It's just a bit pedestrian.

Bought home a bit this year as two of my favourite acts that are on every year (Mitch Benn and Craig Campbell) are not there. Wouldn't mind so much if it were a radical overhaul of the whole line-up but it really is 90% the same as last year...

yep I get what your saying. I don't have to go to the tent much anymore, or Circus as most acts I have seen. Still catch some in the theatre most years and always look out for the acts on around 1am as I have seen some world class acts that have made my festival

For the Cabaret, it really doesn't matter. Either someone entertains you or they don't, they don't need to be famous to do that, you don't need to know the tunes to get the fullest experience.

Yeah - and while I can't speak for the acts on the more cabaret side of things (the tent is a mix of stand-ups and weirder cabaret acts), all the stand-ups on there are headliner-level pro-comics. Sure, you might not see them on TV, but if you went to your local comedy club/night and paid £7-£15 they'd be the main event.

Mik! Briefs! All those walkabouts!

Who needs the bloody main stages?

Regarding acts playing every year, yeah it can become a bit too predictable, but it's nice to have your annual acts. I was devastated when Bruce Airhead retired his act from Glastonbury. His falafels are nice, but it's no greasy man in a balloon.

Please, don't do any research. It's best to go in cold. But definitely make sure you catch him, ideally on the Wednesday or Thursday so you're got time to catch him again later in the weekend.