ed sheeran. wembley stadium

atomised

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Im pretty sure you can be surprised without disliking something. For the record I've seen him on his last 2 tours and when he first started out.

I think he's enjoyable live but still think a huge stadium on his own is a big ask not on ability to shift tickets but in terms of putting on s performance to fill the place

It's pretty much the only explanation for the surprise. Anyone not living under a rock should have gathered that three nights at Wembley is probably the minimum the guy is gonna do.

So a month ago if someone had told you Ed Sheeran would be doing more Wembley dates than Foo Fighters, Muse etc, you wouldn't have questioned it?

Bullshit.

Wait what?

Someone is saying that the minimum amount of nights Ed Sheeran can play at Wembley is 3!!?

What an absolute crock of shit. Maybe he is big enough to sell out 3 nights but it's perfectly acceptable to be surprised by this.

Yes he is a big act but 3 nights of Wembley is pretty much as big as anyone can be after two albums... something it was not obvious ed sheeran was.

Good luck to the lad but I am sure no one two weeks ago would've predicted Ed Sheeran would have a 3 date run at Wembley

Given you're exactly the sort of simpleton I expect to see in full ignorance mode.

Oh the irony. Give over, there are other pop acts that before today I would have thought would haveshifted more tickets than Ed Sheeran. Its nothing at all to do what I think of his music.

Why do you think he was only announced with one date at Wembley in the first place? unlike say the Foo Fighers who got two wembley dates and other stadium gigs around the country straight off?

The end of last year, was his first arena tour!

Edited by LondonTom

There is a big difference a position at such and such festival and doing a stadium gig.

Very true but if someone had told me an artist who can play three dates at Wembley Stadium would be playing third down at Glastonbury below Kasabian and The Black Keys (and not playing any kind of special slot) I'd have been a little surprised, and I don't think it's stupid for anyone to think the same.

I think it goes to show that good ol' fashioned advertising still works

If any mainstream pop act (JT, Rihanna, even groups like The Script) announced that they were doing Wembley and shouted about it every 15 minutes in between an episode of The X Factor they probably wouldn't struggle to sell it out either

Ed Sheeran playing three nights is certainly impressive but I'm sure the press budget for this whole campaign is equally so

Slower than I though, with them getting excited about the extra dates.

Pretty impressive though, thats still a huge chunk of tickets.

It's making me wonder if Hyde park's reputation is worse than I thought because could acts not sell out Hyde park who would setup out Wembley?

A bit yeah I guess, plus I guess with it not selling out in past years due to odd line ups/being announced late and then having super cheap deals on. People are going wait to see what they can get last minute if they do want to go.