Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

6 hours ago, J1990 said:

Ben UFO just confirmed on twitter the 6 hour Jungle set wont be B2B2B. They'll all be playing seperately.

its also only ben playing jungle, not the rest. i think there must be 1 name to add to this dollop night as four tet and floaty p dont finish at beat hotel till 1.30 then they have to get over there so they wont start there till at least 2. doubt ben is gonna play 3hrs jungle 11-2 lol.

perhaps a warm up dj 11-12.30, ben 12.30-2, four tet or FP the final 3hrs 90 each

Edited by Memory Man

I've still not full digested all this, the electronica is undoubtably better for me this year than last 

Few highlights I'm looking forward to 

Daniel Avery - Arcadia, Mano Le Tough - Beat Hotel and John Talabot - Beat Hotel. The countdown is really on now 

*** What a perfect use of my 4000th post :D

Edited by Mezhyp1

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I've still not full digested all this, the electronica is undoubtably better for me this year than last 

Few highlights I'm looking forward to 

Daniel Avery - Arcadia, Mano Le Tough - Beat Hotel and John Talabot - Beat Hotel. The countdown is really on now 

*** What a perfect use of my 4000th post :D

Only just spending time with the line up as massive day at work... It's a good one! Especially at the late night end! Some total surprises there. Must have listened to me moaning about how the dj line up had become a little stale :) 

Made up. 

I love some good House Electro and really most electronic with a lot of big drops. Probably less trance than others. Anyone have any recommendations? I love Skrillex,Jack U, Marshmello, What So Not, Mia, really anyone on the OWSLA label.  

Any tips appreciated immensely! 

On 31/10/2014 at 4:48 PM, eastynh said:

Is there much old skool at Glastonbury? Acid house, rave, piano classic type stuff.

Check out Davos brilliant live act where he plays live on the piano a megamix of loads of classic piano tracks, such a good vibe to get the day started last time!

Clashfinder says 12:00 on Sunday @ Glade at the mo (not sure how accurate yet tho)

Edited by micropizza

6 minutes ago, micropizza said:

Check out Davos brilliant live act where he plays live on the piano a megamix of loads of classic piano tracks, such a good vibe to get the day started last time!

Clashfinder says 12:00 on Sunday @ Glade at the mo (not sure how accurate yet tho)

he's confirmed as that on the line up and his own social media

'just after 12 for davos's sunday launch' etc i'll be there :D

Loving the look of the Saturday night, a little too much really. Originally saw myself in the Downlow all night, really wanna go at some point as I've never been in before but the Beat Hotel and Stonebridge have thrown a pretty lovely spanner in the works

The main people I wanted to see were Black Madonna and Tama Sumo b2b with Lakuti which starts at 3 (although wouldn't have minded fouk beforehand in the room 2)

Anyone think that going from stonebridge to NYC is doable around that time or will it be too busy? Or even Beat Hotel, i know it's a bit more a walk but could it be done? Don't want to do it if I spend all my time queuing and walking

34 minutes ago, your mother said:

Loving the look of the Saturday night, a little too much really. Originally saw myself in the Downlow all night, really wanna go at some point as I've never been in before but the Beat Hotel and Stonebridge have thrown a pretty lovely spanner in the works

The main people I wanted to see were Black Madonna and Tama Sumo b2b with Lakuti which starts at 3 (although wouldn't have minded fouk beforehand in the room 2)

Anyone think that going from stonebridge to NYC is doable around that time or will it be too busy? Or even Beat Hotel, i know it's a bit more a walk but could it be done? Don't want to do it if I spend all my time queuing and walking

I mean, it's a mission from The Beat Hotel to the Downlow, and a still a good hike to Stonebridge, but at that time of the morning it'll be perfectly doable giving yourself about half an hour to get there

Edited by Mezhyp1

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

I mean, it's a mission from The Beat Hotel to the Downlow, and a still a good like to Stonebridge, but at that time of the morning it'll be perfectly doable giving yourself about half an hour to get there

Thanks! Yeah, that's what I was thinking with the Beat Hotel but half an hour from Stonebridge seems fine! Floating points and four tet are my favourite djs but I have seen them a lot (though never b2b) and never seen black madonna, gonna play it by ear I guess

4 minutes ago, your mother said:

Thanks! Yeah, that's what I was thinking with the Beat Hotel but half an hour from Stonebridge seems fine! Floating points and four tet are my favourite djs but I have seen them a lot (though never b2b) and never seen black madonna, gonna play it by ear I guess

My plan is to give that set in Stonebridge Bar a miss, catch the last hour or so of  Four Tet b2b Flo Po in The Beat Hotel after James Blake, stay there for some of Talabot, then head to Downlow for The Black Madonna, should be easily doable, though the Downlow will be rammed for her I imagine 

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

My plan is to give that set in Stonebridge Bar a miss, catch the last hour or so of  Four Tet b2b Flo Po in The Beat Hotel after James Blake, stay there for some of Talabot, then head to Downlow for The Black Madonna, should be easily doable, though the Downlow will be rammed for her I imagine 

Now that sounds like a plan, only thoughts with that would be the walk (there and back) and the queues at that time but you reckon it would be doable? 

2 minutes ago, your mother said:

Now that sounds like a plan, only thoughts with that would be the walk (there and back) and the queues at that time but you reckon it would be doable? 

I don't see the walk being a problem, leaving half an hour before the end of Talabot still means il have seen plenty of him, a dash over the pyramid and up through WG and the markets, should be able to make Downlow for then, and the queueing shouldn't be awful at that time, might miss the start of The Black Madonna but nothing awful (I hope) 

That plan is easily doable to be fair, best way to enjoy the SE Corner is to go and enjoy other parts of the site beforehand, last year on the Saturday I did, Kanye - Campervan field - Beat Hotel - Blues Stage - WOW Tent - Genosys - NYC Downlow - Micro venues - Hell Stage, was one of the best nights I've had at Glastonbury and the really bad crowds in SE Corner have all gone by the time I strolled in after the earlier excursion.

9 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

That plan is easily doable to be fair, best way to enjoy the SE Corner is to go and enjoy other parts of the site beforehand, last year on the Saturday I did, Kanye - Campervan field - Beat Hotel - Blues Stage - WOW Tent - Genosys - NYC Downlow - Micro venues - Hell Stage, was one of the best nights I've had at Glastonbury and the really bad crowds in SE Corner have all gone by the time I strolled in after the earlier excursion.

My Saturday is currently leaning towards M83 and Lee Scratch Perry so I may well do similar, hang around SH for a bit before heading to SE corner/Stonebridge/wherever the hell the majority of our group will have ended up.

2 hours ago, micropizza said:

I have seen him a few times over the last few years mate. Will hopefully be there to see him this year.

There is quite a bit of old skool on this year.

25 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I don't see the walk being a problem, leaving half an hour before the end of Talabot still means il have seen plenty of him, a dash over the pyramid and up through WG and the markets, should be able to make Downlow for then, and the queueing shouldn't be awful at that time, might miss the start of The Black Madonna but nothing awful (I hope) 

Sounds great, thanks!

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

I would have thought the queues for NYC downlow would scupper that plan, no?

Matt was it easy to get into the downlow on your late night / early morning excursions?

I went in last year about 3:30am and didn't wait anymore than 10 mins, I've no doubt The Black Madonna will make the crowd a lot busier, but I still hope to get in in a decent time 

25 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

blimey, good going!