Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

49 minutes ago, bunique said:

The script was excellent but the delivery quite wooden. I did love the interaction between her and Davos, a flash back to his connection with Shereen

Something we'll get to in the next couple of weeks I suspect.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday and not a comment on this week's episode.  Could it be people are losing interest?

I enjoyed much of this week, Jaime Lannister's scene with Edmure was nicely done, Arya's story looks like it's finally going to get interesting (next season now I expect) and the return of Dany was about as much of a let down as they could possibly manage.

The return of the hound remains the best thing going on for me, if only because he gets some of the best lines in the show.

another fairly disappointing episode along with last weeks i thought. the return of the Hound is of course the best thing that's happened - just looking forward to seeing where his story goes (very much hoping that it's leading to him fighting the Mountain, which seems quite likely). Arya's story is ridiculous - 2 series spent training to become no-one, only to then decide 'nah i'm going back home'. what the hell was the point of her entire story in this series!?

next weeks episode looks to be great but it's really gotta be a 10/10 episode in order to pick up this series which has resorted to a lot of filler episodes imo, and a lot of the big reveals (Jon's awakening, Benjen's Cold Hands, the Hound being alive etc) have fallen pretty flat. just hope this Ramsay/Jon faceoff is all it's built up to be

The Arya storyline really has gone around in circles which is such a shame as she was my favourite character for a long time. 

Lots of good stuff this week - Hound, Jamie wrestling with being both a Lannister and a human being, Cersei showing her hand too soon.

But then so much was ridiculously rushed. The Blackfish, the attack of Mereen. 

It really feels like it's lost its way a bit, in terms of storytelling :(

Actually just occurred to me what the Arya storyline reminds me of - the Dana snoozefest in series 2 or 3 of Homeland!

I almost wish they had't devoted the entirety of next week's episodes to one battle, especially as we all know that Jon & co aren't going to lose.

The last two episodes have definitely been more about setting new stuff up than resolving anything, but that means they're going to have to cram a hell of a lot into the final episode. I still think a lot of the problems of this series may be a result of the show having to put to bed a lot of storylines set in motion by the books, which has made some of them seem a bit pointless.

The Arya storyline seems to be more of a way to humanise Cersei with the plays etc. Also gives an idea of what the 'common people' think about whats going on, not the characters. If Arya returned to Westeros being a master assassin without any indication of her training then nobody would believe it.

Cersei didnt really show her hand too soon, it was forced. Using her family against her is brilliant. The split between either destroying her family or her family name is evil.

Leaving all the big battles to the last episode or two is really annoying though. 

I actually took the plays as being an example of how the master of whispers does his work, with a very definite pro-cersei picture being painted for the common folk and the villains being clearly named.  Obviously I could just be reading too much into things, but the story they have told has been very one sided and I wouldn't be surprised if such works were 'sponsored' by Qyburn and Cersei.

I'm not sitting in a corner, nor crying.  Grinning, 

The inevitable arrival of the Knights of the vale might have been obvious, but the way they handled the battle was brilliant.

This episode delivered on lots of promises, the battle of the bastards, actual dragons doing actual dragon shit, Sansa coming full circle and returning to Winterfell stronger.

I am really looking forward to seeing what happens with Davos now, shit is going down with that red crone fo sho.

Absolutely brilliant episode. The battle scenes were shot really well; really conveyed the chaos of it all without losing sense of the scope and scale of the battle. 

Possibly the most satisfying episode of GOT ever, which means it will inevitably go tits up next week.

50 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Absolutely brilliant episode. The battle scenes were shot really well; really conveyed the chaos of it all without losing sense of the scope and scale of the battle. 

Possibly the most satisfying episode of GOT ever, which means it will inevitably go tits up next week.

With the look on Davos' face?  I think not.  Apart from that it will probably be tying up some lose ends quickly, Arya getting on a ship, Sam being fat, Cersei looking at jars, Brienne arriving after the real fighting's done, the hound calling someone a c**t, that kind of thing.

Two highlights for me - when the horses flew past Jon at the start of the battle, and when the Stark banners were raised at Winterfell at the end. Ramsay almost proved himself a master tactician and his end was fitting, but I will miss the absolute bastard!

Really, really enjoyed it, whooped, gasped, groaned from start to finish. Sansa is a fucking boss! She and Littlefinger would make a formidable couple. Wouldn't trust either as far as could throw them mind you. 

Poor Davos. Enjoyed the Danaerys/Mrs IronIslands dynamic too, and the dragons always go down well. 

It goes to show (for me anyway) that GOT is at it's best when it keeps the focus on a smaller number of story arcs per episode 

Fully fledged dragons in battle, how can anyone not be happy to finally see some of that promise fulfilled?

During the conversation with Tyrion and Dany about the mad king's plan, in the centre of the shot, between them is a vase.  Foreshadowing?