Acts with planned activity on or around June 2014

Guest gibbin82

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's a good few bands Eavis still has to choose from.

I was just wondering, does the whole "they're touring in June" thing really make much of a difference?

I mean, if I was a signer and Eavis asked me to play, I'd be all over that. I wouldn't care if it fitted in with the rest of my tour or my tour is happening in December, not June. The only thing that would stop me would be if a tour date of mine clashed with Glastonbury.

Edited by Yesiamaduck

Bands usually build tours/festival tours around their schedule though to make it financially viable... especially considering Glasto pay a fraction of what other festivals pay.

This of course is only relevant to international acts, especially true of niche international acts and isn't at all relevant to British bands

Bands usually build tours/festival tours around their schedule though to make it financially viable... especially considering Glasto pay a fraction of what other festivals pay.

This of course is only relevant to international acts, especially true of niche international acts and isn't at all relevant to British bands

Edited by LondonTom

KOL do tour the UK most June/July times and always have a Glasto shaped hole in the schedule.

Maybe they just like to go to the festival as punters? Maybe Mike99 is one of the Followill brothers...

Edited by JoBalls

Spot on but British bands will also tend to build their tours/festivals together...they have more flexibility but it still might not be viable for a headline act to get a road/production crew together for a one off, cheaper date. (Obviously easier if they do a striped back secret slot like Radiohead did, where they only need their musical gear)

Mostly it will be down to other promoters demands really, if AEG offer them a million quid more to do a stadium type gig but don't want them to play Glastonbury as it might effect ticket sales and the band don't have a particular love for Glastonbury. It's obvious what most of them will choose.

The Twilight Sad have finally announced they're going on tour, few English dates in late April/early June. I'm going to order tickets for the Deaf Institute show tomorrow morning, but it'd be great if I got to see them play Glastonbury (NFiR NFC), preferably William's Green.

That was my first thought after seeing they'd been announced for Werchter, theirs was one of the first gigs I ever went to, and I bought Without You I'm Nothing at an age when I only owned like 4 other CDs, so they hold a special place in my nostalgia glands. We're getting to see what bands will be on the festival circuit next year now, I like it.