Acts with planned activity on or around June 2014

Guest gibbin82

saw those dates and thought of you <3 really hope they do Glastonbury! Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters in full as well! fuck!

every once in a while i go back to Placebo and each time i cringe a little more. still got massive nostalgia for me but can't help but feel that they were just a bit.. shit? 90's written all over them. would still watch if they played though. A FRIEND IN NEED'S A FRIEND INDEED, A FRIEND WITH WEED IS BETTER

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis a fucking dire setlist (well, I assume so as I haven't heard 75% of it). I suppose I should be checking a festival setlist to be fair though. Might be more hit-heavy.

Found myself singing along to Loud Like Love on the radio the other day though, to my shame.

(It's better than the Manics new stuff)

Don't expect a 'hits' or 'early stuff' set. I only got into Placebo in 2009 after seeing them at Leeds Festival. At the time I only knew the singles CD, but most of their set comprised of the latest album. Didn't matter cos they were bloody ace live. They have a few extra multi-instrumentalists on stage who help give them a huge sound.

So don't mind them playing newer stuff to be honest. Seeing them next week, and a Glasto appearance would be very welcome.

I never think of Placebo as a bad 90s band really, they're pretty OTT in places, but I think they've done enough to justify their continued existence over the years (I say this, but I've only bought Meds out of their recent stuff, because of Allison Mosshart). Brick Shithouse still hold up as a great song to my ears.

saw those dates and thought of you <3 really hope they do Glastonbury! Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters in full as well! fuck!

Totally agreed here. Bloody immense lineup, would be an absolute storm. I doubt many black/death/thrash metal bands will feature at Glasto but you can't rule out the ones with a more mainstream appeal. Tbh I think that the naming of the Hell Stage at Shangri La is a bit misleading as the music on the stage doesn't match with the stage name. Why not just put some of these Hell Fest bands on this stage?