Bowie

reallife

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know his wife let slip he's going to tour, but I'm just not sure it will happen. I can't think of a headliner I would want to see there more though, he's as amazing as they come.

I'm just pleased I already have my ticket sorted for next year!

He wasn't very good last time he played, says my mate. I was there but really have no memory of it so I can't give reason as to why he wasn't good. Perhaps he was having an off day or something. I like the new album and it is Bowie so of course I'd be keen to see him again. And hope it would be brilliant and highly memorable and all that.

I've never heard anyone say anything but good things about that Bowie set. I remember watching it on TV and being beyond devastated that I wasn't there. I saw him a few years later and he was incredible but nothing could beat seeing him on the Pyramid for me.

Stop getting my hopes up people! It's not going to happen!

He wasn't very good last time he played, says my mate. I was there but really have no memory of it so I can't give reason as to why he wasn't good. Perhaps he was having an off day or something. I like the new album and it is Bowie so of course I'd be keen to see him again. And hope it would be brilliant and highly memorable and all that.

haha, what a post, its goes against the grain of pretty much everyone on this board who was there and then you say you have no memory of the set.

Nope, but rather strangely I did see something remarkably similar a few hours earlier :P A yet another NME 'borrows' story from eFests news scenario perhaps seeing as it seems to have been sneakily published by them several hours after it appeared on here and NME browsing the local Somerset rag for tasty bits of Glastoinfo might possibly be a tad unlikely and all that :rolleyes:

... wanders off seriously reconsidering the not registering since 2010 problem just in case it actually does happen seeing as Mr.Bowie is (and has been for absolutely bl**dy ages) top of the 'must see no matter what or where before it's too late' gig list !

Edited by mikeb

Have asked my mate and they say it appeared Bowie was just going through the motions. You probably shouldn't pay too much attention to him as we were probably wandering round the back of the pyramid field rather than right near the stage.

Actually I don't think I've seen any of the televisuals of the event either. I wouldn't mind having a look. I dunno if anyone else gets Glastonbury memory black holes? 1998 was particularly bad, Bob dylan apparently played? No idea if I saw him or not? Was he any good etc etc ;)

Have asked my mate and they say it appeared Bowie was just going through the motions. You probably shouldn't pay too much attention to him as we were probably wandering round the back of the pyramid field rather than right near the stage.

Actually I don't think I've seen any of the televisuals of the event either. I wouldn't mind having a look. I dunno if anyone else gets Glastonbury memory black holes? 1998 was particularly bad, Bob dylan apparently played? No idea if I saw him or not? Was he any good etc etc ;)

The Bowie coverage from tv has popped up on the "bay of pirates" a couple of weeks back and I have downloaded, but not had chance to watch yet.

Edited by 1mills

Sounds to me like NME have said to ME - would David Bowie play?

ME responds by saying - I'm sure he would - he's played twice before. We're talking to a number of people.

So NME raise the name not Eavis. Hey presto - instant rumour.

That would likely be the case if it was NMEs story, but like a lot of the stuff they write it aint their story..............just another they pilfered

Bowie in 2000 was one of greatest sets I have ever seen, a classic, he was humble and obviously loved doing it

The word you're looking for is "modest". Being humble is what happens when you've done something bad and you're being vocal about how sorry you are for that - eating humble pie. Doing a good thing and being quiet about it is the exact opposite of being humble.

The word you're looking for is "modest". Being humble is what happens when you've done something bad and you're being vocal about how sorry you are for that - eating humble pie. Doing a good thing and being quiet about it is the exact opposite of being humble.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/humble

Oh oh! Someone may need to eat humble pie.................

Edited by ThomThomDrum

The woman in charge of France's biggest festival has been heard to say (when asked if he is playing her festival) "If he plays any it will be Glastonbury."

I am not convinced he is ruled out as against the odds it may be.

Peter Frampton was in Humble Pie... he also went to school with Bowie, and then joined his band in later years.

I met a guy who went to that school at the same time, swore blind Bowie once kicked the shit out of Frampton, which I'm more than happy to believe, regardless of how true it is.

The Bowie coverage from tv has popped up on the "bay of pirates" a couple of weeks back and I have downloaded, but not had chance to watch yet.

My proper computer is a bit feeble right now so I can't download. Someone did upload it onto youtube in bits. Sadly the sound quality is not very good but from what I can see Bowie doesn't look like he is going through the motions at all and seems to be enjoying it.

I can only apologise for my mate and my forgetfulness and any distress this has caused. ;) I think what might have put him off was when at on point when Bowie said "everyone hold hands with the person next to you." My mate was in the urinals at the time.

I can only find the first 4 parts easily, I'll search around for the others as I'd like to see the rest of it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_6YTMSXGo-g

Watching the 2000 set as i type this. Why have i never watched this before? I had watched Heroes a couple of times before but not the most that i could find. It's incredible and making me get emotional at the fact i wasn't there and i would have only of been 4 anyway :(

On another note has anyone noticed on the part 4 our very own Russycarps commented on the video? I had a quick glance at the last few comments and noticed his name haha.

Watching the 2000 set as i type this. Why have i never watched this before? I had watched Heroes a couple of times before but not the most that i could find. It's incredible and making me get emotional at the fact i wasn't there and i would have only of been 4 anyway :(

On another note has anyone noticed on the part 4 our very own Russycarps commented on the video? I had a quick glance at the last few comments and noticed his name haha.

ha I have tried so many times to get the video of the whole concert. There is a bit more out there than what is on youtube, but not the whole gig. I'd give my left conker to see all the young dudes and starman, I cannot recall those tracks at all. Would love to see lets dance footage too.

Happier times, sigh.