Missing it already

Guest General Lee

All of a sudden now summer is on the way I'm missing the build up to Glastonbury :-(...... all a strange year coming up. Off to the Olympics so going to explore the goings on in London for the week. Other than that looks like few local festivals, Jersey Folk Festival and Jersey Live - and who knows what else. Really wanted to try Latitude, but got a family wedding to go to ... there should be a law about getting married when decent festivals are on - would have said no to the wedding had it clashed with Glasto :-)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been missing it a lot more than I expected. Got Bestival to look forward to but that's ages away. :(

Tempted to go to another fest in the meantime but not sure where to start really.

I'm really missing the build up, i'm massively excited about the 3 smaller fests i'm doing this summer (Beautiful Days, Bearded Theory & Alchemy), always wanted to try them but never got round to it in the glastonbury madness that occurs each year... i am missing the general excitement of the weather thread, the planning, newbs questions etc. the smaller festivals just dont generate the same level of forward planning seemingly. However, summer will be epic field filled fun either way, its just this part thats lacking! :D:D:D

Edited by MyTwistedWords

ooo yuk. Has the snow gone yet ? Was thinking of getting the kayak out this weekend, but still mighty cold if you fall in ! Am actually quite grumpy today about lack of G this year - right time to find an alternative - mmm what about Hop Farm ? Seems to have a good ethic but need to do one investigations... (scoots off to google Hope Farm lineup)

ooo yuk. Has the snow gone yet ? Was thinking of getting the kayak out this weekend, but still mighty cold if you fall in ! Am actually quite grumpy today about lack of G this year - right time to find an alternative - mmm what about Hop Farm ? Seems to have a good ethic but need to do one investigations... (scoots off to google Hope Farm lineup)

Even though the sun's gone away again I was really suffering no-Glasto-blues last week! Going to Somerset in May for a weekend with the boyfriend so might have to pay Worthy Farm a visit.

I'm excited / nervous for ticket day already - it'll be my boyfriend's first Glastonbury if we get tickets & he's bringing along a few more people who've not been before as well so I can't wait to show it off to them if we're successful.

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought about it today really, wasn't too bothered before but have had a shit week at work and watched a few of the videos on you tube etc. Got quite emotional watching some of the footage there for a minute, I'm 35 but its the one time we can do what the fuck we want for 5 days, didn't think I would go back again but pretty excited for next year now!

I just thought about it today really, wasn't too bothered before but have had a shit week at work and watched a few of the videos on you tube etc. Got quite emotional watching some of the footage there for a minute, I'm 35 but its the one time we can do what the fuck we want for 5 days, didn't think I would go back again but pretty excited for next year now!

• 1 month later...

Defo hit me tonight that it's not on this year. I would give anything to be sitting up at the stones in a few weeks,

I can't believe I'm this bothered about not going to a field in June, but it's unreal how important Glasto is to people's lives, iincluding mine.

403 days, we'll be sipping cider....

Defo hit me tonight that it's not on this year. I would give anything to be sitting up at the stones in a few weeks,

I can't believe I'm this bothered about not going to a field in June, but it's unreal how important Glasto is to people's lives, iincluding mine.

403 days, we'll be sipping cider....

Hit me big time today too. When we get this good weather in england, it has since always reminded me of Glasto 2010. One of the very best long weekends of my life.

Was considering giving up Glasto though after hitting 40 this year, but I had a dream last night where I was at Glasto 13 and was telling a Glasto virgin how I couldn't believe I'd even considered not going! Now decided i'm definitely going. Can't wait 403 days though!

I too will miss Glasto this year but am using the opportunity to try some new (to me) festivals instead including Wychwood and the Isle of Wight to fill June plus two favourites Chagstock in July and the Croissant Neuf Summer Party in August.

my plan last summer was to do only festivals that were new to me this summer, apart from WOMAD.

But there's just so little that's grabbing me, it's looking like I'll end up going to many of the same ones as ever. The others are either inconvenient with dates or location, or nothing about the line-up is interesting me.

The first camping festival I'm off to is Wychwood in a few weeks, tho I'll be checking out the FREE Bristol Vegfest this coming Sunday for a dose of superb reggae from Talisman, and Johnny Clarke. :)

my plan last summer was to do only festivals that were new to me this summer, apart from WOMAD.

But there's just so little that's grabbing me, it's looking like I'll end up going to many of the same ones as ever. The others are either inconvenient with dates or location, or nothing about the line-up is interesting me.

The first camping festival I'm off to is Wychwood in a few weeks, tho I'll be checking out the FREE Bristol Vegfest this coming Sunday for a dose of superb reggae from Talisman, and Johnny Clarke. :)

Edited by 5co77ie