Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

45 minutes ago, zico martin said:

I always seem to miss the days that gig tickets go on sale, any recommendations of a good way to be notified in advance so i get more tickets without having to rely on touts or missing altogether?

Well Scottie and Neil will say the egigs newsletter. Tbh you just need to find one relevant place to e-mail you, or check out on Wed/Thurs what's going on sale that Friday.

cheers mark - i set up ticketmaster to give me a heads up but it seems a little temperamental to say the least, and doesnt include all venues.  Guess I'm hoping for a reliable one stop shop to do the job buying the NME every fortnight use to do for me 30 years ago! 

Edited by zico martin

On 9/8/2016 at 10:18 PM, zico martin said:

cheers mark - i set up ticketmaster to give me a heads up but it seems a little temperamental to say the least, and doesnt include all venues.  Guess I'm hoping for a reliable one stop shop to do the job buying the NME every fortnight use to do for me 30 years ago! 

Songkick is a pretty good

On 19 August 2016 at 1:02 PM, Winslow Leach said:

Got tickets to the Mos Def and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble gig in October.

Yo, only found out about this after you posted it and tickets had gone by the time I checked. He's announced another one the day after so I'm going to try and bag a ticket tomorrow. 

On 08/09/2016 at 9:26 PM, zico martin said:

I always seem to miss the days that gig tickets go on sale, any recommendations of a good way to be notified in advance so i get more tickets without having to rely on touts or missing altogether?

On 10/09/2016 at 3:25 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Songkick is a pretty good

Yep Songkick is pretty great. You can add artists manually or link it to Spotify, Facebook, Last Fm, to extract artists you listen to or like. It then gives you alerts if they announce dates in your local area - pretty handy!

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2016 at 9:26 PM, zico martin said:

Sign up to all the ticket agencies and venues on facebook and twitter but mostly for me a good page to check daily is www.gettothefront.co.uk/ that lists most tours as they are announced.

Also, when they are announced, also check the bands facebook/twitter/sign up to their mailing list as 9 times out of 10 there will be a presale.

Edited by cdm22
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Wus pretty good but could have done with more early songs in the setlist.

I thought it was a great gig, I was happy enough with the setlist. I liked them before Ash and Ice, but that album is what really got me into them so was very happy to hear most of the songs from that live! No Wow and Tape Song were my highlights though I think

Gig activity has started to pick up again. Next I've got :

Black Honey + Dream Wife, at Leeds Belgrave Music Hall 12th October

The Duke Spirit + Joe Gideon, at Leeds Brudenell 13th October

Goat + Hookworms + Jane Weaver + Mugstar + Josefin Ohrn and The Liberation + Andy Votel dj at Manchester Albert Hall 22nd October

9 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Are Feeder aging well? I've not seen them in years. Their set lists look like they still play a decent amount of older stuff.

I thought they were pretty good. I never got the chance to see them when they were huge so I can't compare to a past experience. Their older stuff clearly still resonates with a lot of people and for £25 a ticket you can't go wrong.  

nothing for me this month but next month I have Opeth at Wembley and Pixies at Brixton (providing Joey's rehab goes well) to look forward to.

I also just noticed SFA doing 2 nights at the Roundhouse in December. Me thinks I will have to get a ticket for that. I wasn't into them before Glasto a few years ago when they headlined the Park, got into them in the runup to the fest and they were fucking brilliant. 

I wanted to go see Goat but couldn't afford it (bloody unannounced dental issues so needed to save money back). Hope you had fun.

Just found out Anathema are supporting Opeth at Wembley in November so I am well happy about that at least. Always good to see Anathema, supporting or headlining!