New Map

Dave_c

I'm not sure I understand Woodside. It's dark green but it also says 'hospitality' - so does that mean no really open to your average punter?

I continue to think this new camping arrangement does nothing to encourage coach travel. 

18 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

I'm not sure I understand Woodside. It's dark green but it also says 'hospitality' - so does that mean no really open to your average punter?

I continue to think this new camping arrangement does nothing to encourage coach travel. 

woodies is all hospitality camping..lm afraid..loved camping there in 2010 when it did not have big green fence around it! I think you are right, getting of the coach and just 'plonking anywhere'  to camp does seem to be now, have less choices or having to trudge further afield..hope I'm wrong🤘

On 5/25/2024 at 7:32 AM, Sasperella2 said:

Yeah I've never understood why it's dark green on the public map. But has been that way for years.

On 5/25/2024 at 7:32 AM, Sasperella2 said:

I have to admit i’m pretty disappointed with what they’ve done with the camping around gate A. One of the main perks of coming by coach was the nearby camping options that still had availability into Thurs.  Given how much busier Bushy was on the Weds in 2022 compared to previous years, Im worried about where we’re even going to be able to camp this year as Thursday arrivals.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lubic said:

I have to admit i’m pretty disappointed with what they’ve done with the camping around gate A. One of the main perks of coming by coach was the nearby camping options that still had availability into Thurs.  Given how much busier Bushy was on the Weds in 2022 compared to previous years, Im worried about where we’re even going to be able to camp this year as Thursday arrivals.

We were trying to save space for some Thursday arrivals last year. We managed it, but we were pretty tightly packed it. The whole thing just didn't have the same chilled vibe as Pylon used to. I would definitely worry if the whole crew were heading in on Thurs (or worse, Friday!!).

Is it possible to write a friendly letter of complaint? Bigging up the camping options for the eco-friendly 😛

Edited by Sasperella2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/24/2024 at 9:14 PM, Pipine said:

It’s had a strip of general camping along the top of it until last year. My friends have been camping there for several years. 

Ah ok, I see what you mean. I always thought of that strip as part of Lime Kiln.

11 hours ago, Lubic said:

I have to admit i’m pretty disappointed with what they’ve done with the camping around gate A.

They do at least appear to have fixed the weird decision last year to make people go all the way under and around Woodsies from Gate A to reach Wicket Ground.

image.png.f15609a7a53074e6ec827174de8a7d1d.png

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, paulshane said:

only change i can see is the wording over carhenge:

V1:

image.png.057300db10ab4c73265850ba20ac3f0a.png

V1_1

image.png.beaa5b65c69d2db6a013b0b53be465c1.png

That looks like they've repositioned the WG label to appear more to signify the area, and not to be misconstrued as labelling the stage. Maybe they do read the forum!

Ben

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That looks like they've repositioned the WG label to appear more to signify the area, and not to be misconstrued as labelling the stage. Maybe they do read the forum!

Ben

There’s absolutely no maybes about it … they do 💯 

51 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

It's the turning Pylon into crew, that's what's mucked it all up.

I'm not sure how that's so - until this rejig, virtually all of Dairy Ground was crew camping. It's now public and the crew are in Pylon instead. 

It depends which you regard as more important. Public camping centrally, or on the outskirts?

On 5/23/2024 at 5:08 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

fits with some of the talk thats been going on ref Avalon 

Just been looking at that more closely, there's definitely no route from Cabaret to Avalon anymore (Now just the narrow path from beside Glasto Latino), so looks like the Avalon has the same space but the route to the SE corner is now exclusively for those heading there, so may help reduce crowding. The back stage area of Avalon has shifted, from behind to the East, to now more North & East of the stage, which presumably fits with the Avalon Cafe gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Thank you to everyone that posted changes in this thread. I used those and feedback from a few knowledgeable folk to put together this year's tube map for the side of the Green Welfare tent. I think it's almost there. Anyone see any glaring errors?

(Once finalized, I'll post a clean version and download links.)

240611_2024 Glasto tube map_DRAFT.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

On 5/24/2024 at 9:47 AM, Adster said:

First year I've got a ticket since 2018, there looks to be a lot less camping space. Row mead, Pylon, most of Rivermead and Carmaggedon eating into camping space with nothing replacing them as far as I can see.

How crowded are the campsites now? 

As long as your through the gate before 10am you can find a spot pretty much anywhere still. 

15 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

Hi everyone! Thank you to everyone that posted changes in this thread. I used those and feedback from a few knowledgeable folk to put together this year's tube map for the side of the Green Welfare tent. I think it's almost there. Anyone see any glaring errors?

flipping love this 🙂 Well done!

58 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

I just knew the new Co-Op Live Line to Sticklinch wouldn't be completed in time. 

• Upvote 1