Strummerville 2024

wozwebs

18 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I'm guessing Frank Turner will have a full band slot on a main stage (early Other most likely) then Strummerville and Avalon acoustic sets, and maybe one more secret set somewhere (Leftfield, Greenpeace, BBC Intro, Acoustic seem the front runners)

I was thinking this may be the case and he didn't want to announce till the Ally Pally shows had sold out. Other opening again would be great.

43 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I thought it was early evening on Thursday and although Glasto didn't announce it Frank did on twitter a couple of days before so not secret at all!

Sorry, I was talking about 2015 not 2019! 

1 hour ago, Drfoxxx said:

Not sure what time Bicep are on (would imagine it's late on), but I've been told that Frank Turner's on at 4pm Thursday. 

Frank has confirmed he's on at Avalon at 4pm doing a solo set (no Sleeping Souls) but I don't think had said anything about his Strummerville gig as it hadn't been announced at the time.  Just checking this isn't a mix up?

5 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

I've never been to Strummerville, with an aborted attempt to see Frank Turner a few years ago.

What's the stage setup like? Is it just acoustic stuff, or do you get full band gigs as well up there? 

It's fully amped and has a PA, but the stage is small.  I've seen 3 acts there and they are always stripped back/solo as opposed to full band.  Frank T was just him.  Ferris & Sylvester was just the 2 of them with a drummer.  At a push you might get a 4/5 piece on there but I think it would be a squeeze.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

It's fully amped and has a PA, but the stage is small.  I've seen 3 acts there and they are always stripped back/solo as opposed to full band.  Frank T was just him.  Ferris & Sylvester was just the 2 of them with a drummer.  At a push you might get a 4/5 piece on there but I think it would be a squeeze.

The Lottery Winners were full band last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wro_lap said:

I'm guessing Frank Turner will have a full band slot on a main stage (early Other most likely) then Strummerville and Avalon acoustic sets, and maybe one more secret set somewhere (Leftfield, Greenpeace, BBC Intro, Acoustic seem the front runners)

Not sure Leftfield and Acoustic have had secret sets recently have they? If I was putting money on it I'd say Greenpeace 

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

The Lottery Winners were full band last year.

That was 1 of my highlights of the festival

It was glorious

Just realised the photo behind the line up is The Lottery Winners

Edited by kagey
Dawning of realisation

55 minutes ago, kagey said:

That was 1 of my highlights of the festival

It was glorious

Just realised the photo behind the line up is The Lottery Winners

I had a video of that but can't find it.  It was fantastic.  Love watching the Lottery Winners, they have so much fun.  And that plus Strummerville on the first day of the festival was pretty much perfect.

9 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

It really isn't a problem - just get up there for the beginning of the act before and you'll be fine.  It's a nice area to sit around in.  And everyone will go after he finishes and you'll be able to enjoy the area.

Agreed. It was so sunny that day too, we went up a couple of acts early and chilled here in the shade for most of the afternoon. Glorious! I would definitely do the same again!

14 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

Agreed. It was so sunny that day too, we went up a couple of acts early and chilled here in the shade for most of the afternoon. Glorious! I would definitely do the same again!

As I said, I do it every year on the Thursday regardless of who's playing (though Frank and the Lottery Winners were a bonus).  I'm not sure I've ever made it up there on any other day of the festival.

6 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Frank has confirmed he's on at Avalon at 4pm doing a solo set (no Sleeping Souls) but I don't think had said anything about his Strummerville gig as it hadn't been announced at the time.  Just checking this isn't a mix up?

Just the info I got from the same person who told us Strummerville line up out today, early last week. He’s playing Strummerville as well, unless he’s been given the wrong time for Frank I’m not sure? 

Edited by Drfoxxx

1 minute ago, Drfoxxx said:

Just the info I got from the same person who told us Strummerville line up out today, early last week. He’s playing Strummerville as well, unless he’s been given the wrong time for Frank I’m not sure? 

If you apply lineup to last years times would be on at 5pm so 4pm might way be right if altered a little.

Love strummervile. Saw lottery winners there last year and Andy Bell of ride DJ set the year before. Good times. Not much jumps out for me this year though. Some research to be done 

1 minute ago, plaskins said:

Love strummervile. Saw lottery winners there last year and Andy Bell of ride DJ set the year before. Good times. Not much jumps out for me this year though. Some research to be done 

Just had another look and would try catch Royston club and fat white family clash dependent