Glasto Latin0

I had wondered when this would drop

another chance for me to recreate the humiliation of 2016, being taught the samba by a young dance teacher whilst I was wearing slippy muddy wellies. totally unaware of the crowd that had gathered watching me and pissing themselves laughing. Mrs C sneaking away saying he’s not with me😊

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Might have a go this year … will make sure FMS are on standby for me and others 

If I recollect you said that last year as well😉😊. Best after a few ciders.  I managed to make the samba look like the birdie song dance 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

29 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Was gasping for a cocktail last year and was thrilled that they served them in glasto latino...but sadly didn't live up to my expectation in the end 😞 

Was a cool tent to be in though.  Really nice atmosphere with everyone dancing.

We found a good cocktail place last year - called Bird Cage cocktails I think between Circus and Glebeland. It’s a van selling quite big cocktails and they have dancers/performers in the birdcage above it (though it’s empty in the only photo I took of it!) 
image.thumb.jpeg.a1536eeef7218372f9cf16bf248ac787.jpeg

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

They could've saved a bit of time and not done a poster tbh. They get great footfall going past the west holts stage where they are anyway.

I'm all for the posters! Give me a poster for everything it gets me excited even if I won't be there 🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Oh I’m not sure sorry. Cocktails were good though! 🍹 

looks similar - I remember they came out of one of those "slush puppy" type machines at the back.  I think it was a margarita of sorts but might have been a mojito.

I did get a nice cocktail one time in SE corner, someone made me a Old Fashioned but I have no idea where it was.

I do think Glasto Latino is a bit half arsed given the popularity of latin music these days both in terms of scope and quality. And the economics probably don't stack up (but they do make it work for african acts). Nonetheless, I'm glad that it exists.

The poster definitely betrays that half-arsed vibe too.

From memory in its first few years it did have more acts on throughout the evening - but I guess the attendance maybe wasn't all that so it's been settled into the 'one relatively big act at night once the main headliners finish' model for years, which seems to work OK.  Been buzzing last few rimes I've been in.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

From memory in its first few years it did have more acts on throughout the evening - but I guess the attendance maybe wasn't all that so it's been settled into the 'one relatively big act at night once the main headliners finish' model for years, which seems to work OK.  Been buzzing last few rimes I've been in.

Aye, I'm sure it works well and delivers a vibe. And wouldn't rule out a visit this year. But 3 acts from Cuba to reflect the entirety of Latin music?

5 minutes ago, Nduja said:

Aye, I'm sure it works well and delivers a vibe. And wouldn't rule out a visit this year. But 3 acts from Cuba to reflect the entirety of Latin music?

I keep hoping to see a name like Bomba Estereo or Grupo Niche or something pop up.

I expect that once they look at the availability of acts in Europe at the time with the (presumably very finite) budget they have at their disposal their available options are very limited.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

We found a good cocktail place last year - called Bird Cage cocktails I think between Circus and Glebeland. It’s a van selling quite big cocktails and they have dancers/performers in the birdcage above it (though it’s empty in the only photo I took of it!) 
image.thumb.jpeg.a1536eeef7218372f9cf16bf248ac787.jpeg

That place looks fun.

Sorry to derail the thread but what other spots on the farm do people recommend for cocktails?

2 hours ago, -TLR- said:

i've only ever been to Glasto Latino once... and that was just to get a cocktail from the little van in the corner!

did you have to take out a small loan, like I did?