This years special guests?

theciderviking

Coldplay had the likes of Ed Sheeran and Stromzy on their recent tour, on the night we went it was Alan Partridge - i've never been so dissappointed, although some here will say AP is better than ES!!!

4 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I am bored of special guests now.

why do they feel the need to bring someone on 

just sing your  f**king own songs, 

the money it mnust costy to pay for a speacial guest , surely just spend that money on getting better bands than cold play 

I'm kind of on the fence about it. Tbh, I've never seen a special guest and been starstruck on the Pyramid. 

I would've had just a good a time at Elton if none of his special guests had come out. Didn't give a sh*t either when Grohl came out for GnR. 

But then, that's probably because I'm not huge fans of those particular performers either. However, if De La Soul were performing and someone like Q-Tip had come out, I'd of been a lot more interested. Or if Sault were playing and Andre 3000 came out, I'd like that a lot.

1 hour ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

And I think Britney’s also just been spotted at Bristol airport …

I was actually in a queue for something or other. Three teenage ladies behind me ... "oh my god Britney has been seen in Bristol, thats it we are going . f**king love that mental cow"

6 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I am bored of special guests now.

why do they feel the need to bring someone on 

just sing your  f**king own songs, 

I kind of agree with this. If a band is good enough, they don't need guests. Guests are really for casual spectators and the BBC audience, in my opinion, unless it's for example Nick Cave bringing Kylie Minogue on for the duet that they originally sang together - that's okay.

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm kind of on the fence about it. Tbh, I've never seen a special guest and been starstruck on the Pyramid. 

I would've had just a good a time at Elton if none of his special guests had come out. Didn't give a sh*t either when Grohl came out for GnR. 

But then, that's probably because I'm not huge fans of those particular performers either. However, if De La Soul were performing and someone like Q-Tip had come out, I'd of been a lot more interested. Or if Sault were playing and Andre 3000 came out, I'd like that a lot.

Bruce Springsteen coming out with Macca was a wow moment for me, gotta be said.

6 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's Elton John. Is that not enough? It turned out to be Brandon Flowers and a couple other lesser known artists. Probably didn't add anything at all to the overall performance. 

I actually thought it was really nice of Elton to bring on some up and coming artists rather than the big names people had been speculating over. Using his slot to give younger artists some exposure. Still, he would have been absolutely fine without them. If I am a really big fan of someone I don't like it if guests take away valuable time in the set!

9 hours ago, OllieMadd said:

Nothing will ever top my sheer shock when Macca said "and from the East coast of America.. Bruce Springsteen!"

Hadn't even considered it as a possibility and we basically cried.

That year my wife and I were told by a young Australian in a bar on the Wednesday that Grohl and Springsteen were going to guest with McCartney - she said that her brother was working on the McCartney tour. I kept telling people over the weekend despite having no real reason to believe it.

The National have done some recent collaborations with Taylor Swift, so I think I'll start that one this year! 

On 4/25/2024 at 4:54 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

TBH if Dua Lipa brings Mick Jagger out idgaf that he's not on her new album.

Not happening - The Stones are in Chicago that weekend. It would be a totally unhinged version of Levitating though.

2 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Not happening - The Stones are in Chicago that weekend. It would be a totally unhinged version of Levitating though.

I know. It was just the first "wow" name that popped into my head.

Folks thought something was coming at some point, mind

Dua-Lipa-Posts-Photos-from-the-Recording

On 4/25/2024 at 6:09 PM, JohnEW52 said:

That year my wife and I were told by a young Australian in a bar on the Wednesday that Grohl and Springsteen were going to guest with McCartney - she said that her brother was working on the McCartney tour. I kept telling people over the weekend despite having no real reason to believe it.

The National have done some recent collaborations with Taylor Swift, so I think I'll start that one this year! 

Shame she’s in Dublin the whole weekend!

On 4/25/2024 at 2:29 PM, MEGABOWL said:

Olivia Rodrigo with Coldplay would be my strong outside bet

Worth keeping an eye on whether she remains this side of the pond after her tour finishes up.

Although if she's going to do it at all I'd place bets on her showing up with someone less top tier - like with Cyndi Lauper or something.

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Worth keeping an eye on whether she remains this side of the pond after her tour finishes up.

Although if she's going to do it at all I'd place bets on her showing up with someone less top tier - like with Cyndi Lauper or something.

Yeah possibly, good shout. Maybe return the favour with Avril. In my fevered imagination she’ll want to have a look at the view from the headlining position.