Best keepsakes you've ever found or bought at the festival?

glast0gal

Like others I have all my wristbands etc since 2009, my Coldplay bracelet, free presses from over the years and crew tee shirts.

My best finds are from the Live at Worthy farm event. One is a laminated sign from a container that had all the electrical cables etc for the area that Haim were and one of only 3, I think, Glastonbury free presses that were onsite for the event. I got this from staff canteen as a birthday present on the Saturday after Coldplay’s gig on the Friday night.

55 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Like others I have all my wristbands etc since 2009, my Coldplay bracelet, free presses from over the years and crew tee shirts.

My best finds are from the Live at Worthy farm event. One is a laminated sign from a container that had all the electrical cables etc for the area that Haim were and one of only 3, I think, Glastonbury free presses that were onsite for the event. I got this from staff canteen as a birthday present on the Saturday after Coldplay’s gig on the Friday night.

IMG_2726.png

• Upvote 1

Judging by the things kept by us we really are a bunch of sentimental softies! I just wonder what the reaction of my kids will be when I finally head for the big festival in the sky and they find the boxes of Glasto memories! As long as they remember to cremate me in a Glasto t shirt and denim shorts😊😉

16 hours ago, balti-pie said:

The fairly standard wooden mushroom, which was dipped in mud and driven home to go on the mantelpiece - where its remained since 2005, and itll be his 19th anniversary this summer! Mud is still present on his nose.

Every year i look at the candle powered little boats and say i'm going to buy one, despite not really having a vessel that would show it off to its best - and it wasnt even there last year so the (ahem) ship may have already sailed, so to speak 

Yes, noticed they weren’t there last year, usually near the crossroads at the railway path. I had wondered if they had moved but never saw them. 

there was a year when everyone was asked to put their name and phone number on their bags for entry on a tag. some of them fell off and me and my friends found some and sent the person a text for a laugh, like 'hi bob hope you have a great festival'. pretty cool idea (and one of mine actually). we all managed to find one. i still have my persons tag as a keepsake. we exchanged a few messages during and after the festival 🙂 

7 hours ago, sedra said:

I always buy a pair of earrings from the market. One year ( 1999) i found a pyramid shaped pair of turquoise stone silver earrings which I loved. Sadly I lost one of them over the years so I kept looking for something similar each year but haven’t found one similar. Still have a lovely selection now of different earrings that I’ve bought at Glastonbury over the years. 

I thought I was the only person to do this! I buy a necklace pendant every year. My favourite is the one I got at my first Glastonbury in 2007, but they all have good memories. 

• Like 1

I always go to the forge , it's in the park run by a really lovely woman, they make key rings that are different every year, you can make your own too, it's brilliant I love mine I've got a couple and they make a really good gift 

Screenshot_20240302-124417.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bglm said:

I always go to the forge , it's in the park run by a really lovely woman, they make key rings that are different every year, you can make your own too, it's brilliant I love mine I've got a couple and they make a really good gift 

Screenshot_20240302-124417.png

Wow I’ve always seen these guys but never thought to investigate. Love it!! Will defo try and get my hands on one if I return.

12 minutes ago, timbrass said:

Mine is a large white faux fur coat from Oxfam (bought for £20) in mid 2000's.  Worn it at every festival since.  

Unfortunately I have ran out of upvotes. I have a friend who has almost a wardrobe full of faux fur coats. Then again, he is gay and as camp as Christmas. Not that I think that faux fur coats are / should be exclusive to gay people. I used to dress up in dresses as an early teen, so know what I'm talking about! *

* I actually don't, right now.

Great topic! I love my tambourine bought really cheap at one of the music traders. Need to add more ribbons etc though...

Also, traders were fantastic with the kids last year. They are a great tool for bartering. One of the traders gave my two a little teeny tiny wooden turtle with a bobble head for free. They love it x

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Want one.

I was gonna say...what... a little turtle with a bobble head? Or kids for bartering and getting free stuff? 🤣

Loads of turtle heads over on the weeing yourself thread haha

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

55 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I was gonna say...what... a little turtle with a bobble head? Or kids for bartering and getting free stuff? 🤣

Loads of turtle heads over on the weeing yourself thread haha

I'm tempted to say 'Both'.

However, if push comes to shove, I'll take the little turtle with a bobble head. 

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm tempted to say 'Both'.

However, if push comes to shove, I'll take the little turtle with a bobble head. 

Good choice 👍🏼 will let you know of I see one 

• Upvote 1

I’ll share my worst. We brought a ukulele last year for my 2 year old. I’m reminded daily of that poor life choice…The ukulele, not the child 😳 

• Like 1

This is a bit tenuous but bare with me..a couple of years ago, our new neighbour's removed some mature trees on the perimeter with our garden wall. It all looked very sparce all of a sudden so my other half said we can purchase some trees and plant along our perimeter.

She did the research and ordering and they arrived. There was a little bit of a joyful moment when I was planting them and clocked the nursery.

They were not purchased at Glastonbury but I still get a lift from seeing the growing trees and know they have some Castle Cary / Somerset DNA in them.

IMG20240422182722.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 11:19 PM, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Our current household score is (usually) cute children 3 : bobble headed free turtles 0. Might need to try to redress that balance this year 🤔 

I don't even know what they look like, but want one so bad it hurts. I've looked up bobble headed turtles and loads of images come up. I haven't scrutinised them. In fact, I clicked out of images, as I didn't want to see upstart pretenders to the throne. 

@Bike_Like_A_Mum - Is there any chance of a photo of your  bobble headed turtle?

And 'no' you dirty minded people, that's not a euphemism!" 

• Like 1

I’ve got a fluffy pink Joe Bananas blanket that I got at one of my first festivals (97/98) and it’s come to many festivals since, though I’ve gone super lightweight now and bring a Eurostar blanket instead.  

5 minutes ago, Pipine said:

I’ve got a fluffy pink Joe Bananas blanket that I got at one of my first festivals (97/98) and it’s come to many festivals since, though I’ve gone super lightweight now and bring a Eurostar blanket instead.  

Lucky you - that's a piece of Glastonbury heritage, that is. 

On 4/19/2024 at 10:43 PM, clarkete said:

I've got tons of wristbands, programmes, mini guides, bags, plus many many t  shirts and fleeces across the decades, but I don't think for the first decade or two. 

Also got all sorts of wee badges, furry hats or shades people gave me around the campfire. 

FB_IMG_1713562912025.jpg

i've got about 25 years of programmes (glastonbury & other) on my wall,  about to be moved to a different wall.