Dexys?

internetjef

You know the English Upper Classes, Thick and Ignorant. 

I've never been entirely comfortable with the bit of this this lyric, the bit about CND. Done live Rolland says Hip, Hip, Hip nowadays anyway.

This a true f**king masterpiece. 

The eventual horns nail it. 

Barr Barr Barr, Barrrrr

Nothing ever sounded finer.

Edited by bamber

13 minutes ago, bamber said:

You know the English Upper Classes, Thick and Ignorant. 

just what the English will have been saying about Kevin and his type (Irish).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 10:56 PM, Neil said:

just what the English will have been saying about Kevin and his type (Irish).

Yeah, but the Irish are not ,historically, the problem here are they?

Edited by bamber

6 minutes ago, bamber said:

Yeah, but the Irish are not ,historically, the problem here are they?

its a long time since my post so i'm lost for what the problem was??

There is no problem bro. The English upper classes are, in my experience, generally, thick and ignorant though. I don't know if the Irish really have upper classes, but the  one's I've met are far from thick and ignorant.

5 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Set list from Bearded Theory.

I am very happy.

Screenshot_20240527-094144~2.png

The set list does not show the 5 plus minutes of attempts in humour that had large sections of the crowd #shouting 'get on with it'.

We enjoyed the bit where they played music and 3 tunes will have massive sing alongs................. the rest of the set though got quite tiresome in their attempts to add 'theatrics'.

We left 12 mins from the end expecting them to have played at least 2 more tracks - and I see they did just one!!!

On 5/25/2024 at 6:52 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Was the lengthy conversation by way of intro into a song

i.e. was it this?

Yes it was a version of this. For the occasional’s it would have been very confusing and frustrating because it went on for a bit. Not sure it’s the right thing for a festival crowd who want the tunes. But having seen him/them several times he does what he wants to do and bugger everyone else. Which is fine with me. He is 70 years old now so he isn’t going to change for Glastonbury. Deffo worth a watch tho.

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The set list does not show the 5 plus minutes of attempts in humour that had large sections of the crowd #shouting 'get on with it'.

We enjoyed the bit where they played music and 3 tunes will have massive sing alongs................. the rest of the set though got quite tiresome in their attempts to add 'theatrics'.

We left 12 mins from the end expecting them to have played at least 2 more tracks - and I see they did just one!!!

He always does a bit of in-between chat and as said above, This Is What She's Like has it as part of the song. 

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Glastonbury stage times are usually so tight bands don’t have time to indulge in too much chatter.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Glastonbury stage times are usually so tight bands don’t have time to indulge in too much chatter.

The set time at BT was tight, 45 mins, and yet they chatted and chatted............... and the 'free' 'joke' lasted more than 5 minutes. Next weekend they are at Wychwood I think so we will see if they repeat the same set.

I'm glad I saw them but won't bother at Glastonbury. I admire they stick to what they want to do, the hits were great, a few other songs were good, but that waffling bit... Jesus, it was kind of embarrassing. 

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm glad I saw them but won't bother at Glastonbury. I admire they stick to what they want to do, the hits were great, a few other songs were good, but that waffling bit... Jesus, it was kind of embarrassing. 

Exactly this…

11 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

the crowd #shouting 'get on with it'.

isn't that just-about what happened when roland played reading festival in a dress?

On 5/27/2024 at 9:53 AM, Nobody Interesting said:

Exactly the same as our experience. Was a very odd performance and left us quite underwhelmed. We also left early as it turned into annoying farce.

Kevin seemingly can be a right prick