Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

17 minutes ago, Superscally said:

No, it's an opinion and a valid one. IDLES will have a bigger crowd.

They definitely won't and that's with Disclosure having to compete with Coldplay who will have the largest crowd of the three Pyramid headliners

2 minutes ago, Nduja said:

Just missing Imagine Dragons for the full set of acts that have played before a Liverpool CL final.

Fortunately, we are missing Imagine Dragons.

Out of upvotes, but actually burst out laughing at this.  In the open plan office.  Surrounded by about 15 colleagues.  Well played sir, well played.

5 minutes ago, Superscally said:

They're an incredible live band who've just released a really good album and they'll show up big time. Will be one of the sets of the weekend.

hope you both enjoy it!

4 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Camilla Cabello

thought she'd been cancelled for being racist.. didn't see her name 

Haven't got tickets. But for what it's worth....

Line up is OK, headliners very underwhelming for me.

Lots of great stuff under that as always, and anyone going will have the best time, as always.

I think I suffer from the fact I'm lucky enough to have been a few times, so a lot of the stuff I think 'seen that all before.' But then maybe I need to listen to some new music.

Not sure if this makes resale tickets more likely or not. 

56 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

I think we'll hear a bit from Emily at some point along the lines of it's a tough market this year / we don't pay as much as other festivals. Can only assume Stevie Nicks was beyond their budget. As much as I love LCD and Simz they are weak Pyramid subs.

Utter drivel. Little Simz is possibly one of the most exciting British acts out there. 

Other Stage appears to be where the majority of gripes are so far, outside of SZA headlining. Interesting (to me anyway) that it's the stage that we have the least names for so far. 15 on the poster vs. 24 acts that played last year. Couple of good acts filling that out elevates this lineup a decent amount I'd wager (and I'm happy enough already)

Edited by GordonMcG

29 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Dua and Coldplay aren't a downgrade on anything. Objectively massive

they're a downgrade on some of the acts that were talked about as possible headliners.

Why have they clashed idles and Fontaines? Please move Fontaines DC to Saturday night. Are they definitely both Friday night headliners? Park will be empty as same fans will be at Idles. Makes no sense at all.

Edited by Euphoricape

Just now, ModernMan said:

Why?

I think she'd go down much better elsewhere, headlining Other perhaps. She's not had the sort of crossover push you'd expect for a promotion to the Pyramid, will be interesting to see how it pans out. Expect her to smash it of course but hope she gets the crowd response she deserves. 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

they're a downgrade on some of the acts that were talked about as possible headliners.

Coldplay aren't a downgrade on anyone lol they are the biggest band in the world.

Dua also massive of course.

Also these two have been locked in as solid rumours for like 6 months so they a downgrade on no one and clearly first choices.

15 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

Glasto aren't paying a million for a second stage headliner. More chance of PJ apologising for doubling their prices than that happening.

maybe to rival what the Foos did? Veryh unlikely of course

13 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Utter drivel. Little Simz is possibly one of the most exciting British acts out there. 

Little Simz is awesome.

if she carries on soom she will be headlining

i am mots excited about Orbital in the park and Justice 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Coldplay aren't a downgrade on anyone lol they are the biggest band in the world.

Dua also massive of course.

Also these two have been locked in as solid rumours for like 6 months so they a downgrade on no one and clearly first choices.

they're not miming madonna or little stevie wonder.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Real heads were at Bryan Ferry that night.

Yep that's where I was and loved it!  Smiling just remembering seeing one of my favourite bands from my youth at my first Glastonbury.