Pyramid Subs 2024

Joey Peeps

If the top line is relatively weaker this year they're going to need some firepower on beforehand.  Hopefully this is where names like Pulp, Dave and Foo Fighters-sequence special guests can help shore things up.

But on the other hand, LCD Soundsystem are the opposite of that.

14 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I can see Fred Again subbing for Dua or SZA. (If he doesn’t headline Other)

He’s not playing. Has said it’s only R and L this year for him. 

1 hour ago, crumbler said:

Only two dates at the O2 on his most recent UK tour compared to SZA's four. She only did London, Scotland and Manchester though whereas his tour was extensive though so it's difficult to say.

Aye. Usually, I like to quantify everything with data, to size up the balance, but the Dave thing is just a gut reaction. Throw in the fact he headlined R+L in 2022 and he hasn't dropped off since, I think he's ready to headline. 

Conversely, SZA has those metrics behind her too. Like I said, it's just a gut reaction. 

We've oscillated between arena bookings and Apollo-sized artists for this slot over the years though. Pulp and Doja Cat, if available, fulfil those criteria. (Still think Pulp would be a huge get to not headline outright too, though understand entirely why you wouldn't offer them that slot.) 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

If LCD was that poorly attended on Other headliner last time then why would they sub? They are a niche booking and probably better suited headlining a stage smaller.

Because that’s where Glastonbury have booked them.  Yep strange but apparently true 

33 minutes ago, stereodista said:

Where is all the talk of Dave coming from? He’s not exactly particularly active right now and doesn’t seem to have any other dates in the diary? 

A couple of people have heard from different sources that he’s lined up to play in a non-headline slot on the Pyramid, but yeah, given that he’s not got any other dates announced or any new material to promote it does seem more and more unlikely the closer we get to the festival, unless he’s planning on using Glastonbury as a kicking off point…

LCD before Coldplay is a very weird one. On the one hand is has the potential to go the way of Beck in ‘16 with Coldplay fans just not giving a f**k or even attempting to enjoy it, but then LCD are at least a bit dancey so could perhaps get people on board..?

I’m just stoked they’re there either way and will be making sure I’m in the pit hopefully surrounded by fellow fans, but for the crowd at large it does seem like a bit of a DOA booking.

16 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

LCD before Coldplay is a very weird one. On the one hand is has the potential to go the way of Beck in ‘16 with Coldplay fans just not giving a f**k or even attempting to enjoy it, but then LCD are at least a bit dancey so could perhaps get people on board..?

I’m just stoked they’re there either way and will be making sure I’m in the pit hopefully surrounded by fellow fans, but for the crowd at large it does seem like a bit of a DOA booking.

LCD before SZA feels like a better fit to me. Not sure why, but it just does.

They can obviously play in daylight, but yes. A fascinating booking if so.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If the top line is relatively weaker this year they're going to need some firepower on beforehand.  Hopefully this is where names like Pulp, Dave and Foo Fighters-sequence special guests can help shore things up.

But on the other hand, LCD Soundsystem are the opposite of that.

Field too big for Jimbo and Nance's thang?

Going to revise my bets and go for LCD Soundsystem, Doja Cat and Pulp.

Other headliners to be The National, Bring Me the Horizon and D-Block Europe.

SZA / LCD Soundsystem / (The National)

Dua Lipa / Doja Cat / (Bring Me the Horizon)

Coldplay / Pulp / (D-Block Europe)

7 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I’m not sure I’d consider LCD anymore ‘dancey’ than Beck to be honest… 

I feel like LCD’s long winding pulsing electronics have more chance of getting people on their side than Beck’s aging alternative funk, or at the very least not make it so incredibly obvious that the crowd just isn’t feeling it. 

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They'd be better off switching Jungle and LCD around - the former have at least got a Brit Award.

Actually not a bad suggestion, but alas what with LCD still doing stuff like APE and headlining festivals worldwide it was probably a non-starter asking them to drop down a stage from last time, even if it would’ve garnered them a much better crowd.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think they'd even draw an impressive crowd on a smaller stage.

Yeh theyre struggling to put weight behind their outdoor show here the week leading up to the fest.

Strike me as a perfick closer in the new bands tent. I was hobbling through the soup towards the orange carpark when they played 2016 so missed them.

29 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Followed by a high speed run to get to WH for Justice after?

10 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Going to revise my bets and go for LCD Soundsystem, Doja Cat and Pulp.

Other headliners to be The National, Bring Me the Horizon and D-Block Europe.

SZA / LCD Soundsystem / (The National)

Dua Lipa / Doja Cat / (Bring Me the Horizon)

Coldplay / Pulp / (D-Block Europe)

Could see this being pretty spot on but Pulp before SZA and LCD before Coldplay as rumoured. 

EDIT: Actually looks like BMTH might be out as they’re playing 2 nights in Finland Friday and Saturday and then Sweden on the Monday so unlikely given The National may headline Other Sunday and not sure they’d come back and forth for a Sunday other sub slot. 

Edited by foolee

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

Could see this being pretty spot on but Pulp before SZA and LCD before Coldplay as rumoured. 

Pulp into SZA will be a bizarre crowd change-over, I must say.

I also cannot vouch for SZA's live capabilities, but I can for Pulp and LCD. She'll have a tall order to follow if both are on point.

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Pulp into SZA will be a bizarre crowd change-over, I must say.

I also cannot vouch for SZA's live capabilities, but I can for Pulp and LCD. She'll have a tall order to follow if both are on point.

It may but they hardly tailor it to the changeover sometimes do they?