Stevie Wonder

Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Is hardly call getting Stevie Wonder in struggling… just seemingly needed a bit of rejigging to accommodate him.

Agreed....I just mean the pot of potential names may not have been overflowing hence why rejigging needed.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - credit where its due. We could be staring down the barrel of Liam Gallagher.

Aye, at least Madge talks have collapsed far enough in advance for them to give someone big a call rather than say March when Emily's desperately flicking through the O2 Arena "what's on" page to see who's in the area that week.

I don't think Stevie Wonder has released any new material since 2005, five years prior to his first headline slot in 2010. I know the legends slot has been ruled out but it kinda feels more suitable to me 🤷‍♂️ I'll probably give him a miss if it turns out to be true but appreciate there's plenty of people who are excited by the prospect. Where is the source of the rumour?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Aye, at least Madge talks have collapsed far enough in advance for them to give someone big a call rather than say March when Emily's desperately flicking through the O2 Arena "what's on" page to see who's in the area that week.

Assuming there ever was any Madge talks.

21 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Assuming there ever was any Madge talks.

Devils advocate here... I'm not convinced Madge is out of the running.  Still no sign of Stevie for BST or any other dates. At least Madge is active at the moment, albeit on the wrong size/shape/type of stage.

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

Devils advocate here... I'm not convinced Madge is out of the running.  Still no sign of Stevie for BST or any other dates. At least Madge is active at the moment, albeit on the wrong size/shape/type of stage.

Yeah was surprised to see the Stevie rumours out of nowhere

I left Stevie Wonder early in 2010 and legged it over to Orbital. Just looking at the setlist though I can see that the first few songs wouldn't have grabbed me.

He is of course a legend but going to watch him again would depend on clashes and he wouldnt be a must see for me.

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Back to the 2 female headliners: Duo Lipa, Stevie Wonder, Madonna?

Coldplay is so embedded in our expectations but, again, anything solid except it fitting into their tour schedule?

Edit: I’ll leave this odd female duo in, whoever they are!

Edited by Avalon_Fields

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Back to the 2 female headliners: Duo Lipa, Stevie Wonder, Madonna?

Coldplay is so embedded in our expectations but, again, anything solid except it fitting into their tour schedule?

Same guy who gave us Guns N Roses last year told us Dua and Coldplay this year a while ago - that’s good enough for me. 

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Same guy who gave us Guns N Roses last year told us Dua and Coldplay this year a while ago - that’s good enough for me. 

Things change and whilst the source of this leak might be right and they have previous, if the contracts aren’t signed it could be subject to change.  

Until it’s been announced they might be right, wrong or misinformed.

2 hours ago, Helsbels said:

I left Stevie Wonder early in 2010 and legged it over to Orbital. Just looking at the setlist though I can see that the first few songs wouldn't have grabbed me.

He is of course a legend but going to watch him again would depend on clashes and he wouldnt be a must see for me.

Out of interest what did you think of Orbital in 2010? 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Things change and whilst the source of this leak might be right and they have previous, if the contracts aren’t signed it could be subject to change.  

Until it’s been announced they might be right, wrong or misinformed.

Well yeah… but it’s more than we have on anybody else so still gonna go ahead and say it’s probably right. Can’t see any reason why Coldplay would fall through if they were at any point in talks. 

6 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Well yeah… but it’s more than we have on anybody else so still gonna go ahead and say it’s probably right. Can’t see any reason why Coldplay would fall through if they were at any point in talks. 

The one reason I could think of is the amount of people on socials (and here) responding to the rumour with a bit of a groan. Emily or CM picking up on ‘not Coldplay again’ hostility. 

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

The one reason I could think of is the amount of people on socials (and here) responding to the rumour with a bit of a groan. Emily or CM picking up on ‘not Coldplay again’ hostility. 

People on here and socials can moan all they want, that won’t stop Coldplay from having the biggest crowd of the weekend, easily. If Emily let internet moaners get to her then she wouldn’t be very good at her job. 

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

People on here and socials can moan all they want, that won’t stop Coldplay from having the biggest crowd of the weekend, easily. If Emily let internet moaners get to her then she wouldn’t be very good at her job. 

I’m not one of those people - saw them in 16 and would again, but Glasto do listen to the mood music and respond where they want to, for example females on the top line etc. 

56 minutes ago, nikkic said:

People moaned about Jay Z, Kanye, Adele etc 

If Coldplay are available and want to do it, it’s happening. 

I think there’s a difference between people moaning about the festival pushing boundaries and trying new things and people moaning about repeat bookings happening too often. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I’m not one of those people - saw them in 16 and would again, but Glasto do listen to the mood music and respond where they want to, for example females on the top line etc. 

I think there’s a difference between people moaning about the festival pushing boundaries and trying new things and people moaning about repeat bookings happening too often. 

The festival and Chris Martin listened and that’s why we’ve not seen him for quite a few years now . 

• Upvote 1