Sault - is it or isn’t it?

anditmakesmesmile

Sault - having teased us last weekend with an Instagram post saying “Sault Live London 2023”, they now seem to backtrack with their latest instagram post saying “New unreleased album live for the first and only time”. 
But presumably to have a live album they had to have a live performance. Did we miss it??

I'm so confused. Can anyone shed any light on what’s going on?

On 12/2/2023 at 4:36 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

It says “new unreleased album live” not “new live album” so I think it’s a studio album that they will be performing live and that they’ll only be doing so once. 

Agree, that's how I read it as well + it's very "on brand".

They have definitely not played live yet. 

one of the best things i've been to, we said afterwards all future gigs we see will be disappointing as they've raised the bar so high (possibly hyperbole) 

Worth twice the price, they probably didn't break even

Any chance of giving them a stage day to curate as their multi art creativity seems to dovetail perfectly with the fetival?

Edited by Filthy

Incredible. I feel high still and the only stimulant I had yesterday was an espresso with lunch. Everything was perfectly orchestrated and pulled off. Sort of event it'll take a while to digest. 

Should be said it was an amazing stage show beyond anything else. You could tell how much thought and effort had gone into it. If you want that kind of show, with record sales and streaming income for most artists being pretty poor, ultimately you're going to have to pay more than your average ticket price. With hindsight some of the whinging about ticket prices now seems a bit ridiculous and perhaps a little entitled too. 

57 minutes ago, SalviaPlath said:

Incredible. I feel high still and the only stimulant I had yesterday was an espresso with lunch. Everything was perfectly orchestrated and pulled off. Sort of event it'll take a while to digest. 

Of course - none of the bars were selling booze. Which must have meant the venue would have cost more to hire.

1 hour ago, SalviaPlath said:

With hindsight some of the whinging about ticket prices now seems a bit ridiculous and perhaps a little entitled too. 

That may be the case, but it's not reasonable to apply any hindsight to this given how little information was out there ahead of time.

• Like 1