Hospitality Help

ChloeLaura23

1 hour ago, incident said:

You can. But obviously only if the ticket is real.

H camping is separated from regular camping, and I think has a few showers, some marginally nicer toilets, and a coffee van. But aside from that it's not a huge difference.

There was also a pizza stall in 2019 - and the nicer toilets became awful by Thursday morning as the clientele forgot how to use them properly. If ever we got HT's a agin we would camp in normal camping, probably Darble, as there really was nothing special about it.

42 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

Not sure if it's still the case but it used to have a rep for being a bad place to be in a muddy one

It is, the top slope is OK but the flat part at the bottom can soon become  alake if there is rain a plenty.

8 minutes ago, UEF said:

Interesting. I've seen a few sites that don't sell the tickets on their own but do sell them with accommodation packages with a £2k uplift to the price of those same accomodations without tickets.

But why do Glasto give/sell these to glamping companies - what's in it for Glasto? Just the sale of the ticket itself?

They do it as the sites are on neighbours land and those neighbours have to agree to let the festival happen so giving them a nice little earner sorts that one.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

They do it as the sites are on neighbours land and those neighbours have to agree to let the festival happen so giving them a nice little earner sorts that one.

Yep - and also a lot of those neighbours provide land that the festival uses / needs for Car Parks or Staff Camping or whatever. So access to an agreed amount of H tickets may be part of the deal (and helps reduce the rental cost).

13 minutes ago, UEF said:

Interesting. I've seen a few sites that don't sell the tickets on their own but do sell them with accommodation packages with a £2k uplift to the price of those same accomodations without tickets.

But why do Glasto give/sell these to glamping companies - what's in it for Glasto? Just the sale of the ticket itself?

A lot of tickets are given to local landowners as a part payment for the use of their land for parking etc 

4 hours ago, ChloeLaura23 said:

Sorry if this has been asked a lot!! Does anyone know how to purchase hospitality tickets? I heard that links to the BBC are needed but I have seen others say that some people sell these also, I just dont know where to find them. 

See Tickets wouldn't let me use my registration on Sunday, kept telling me it had already been used when I was the only one trying for tickets. I am happy to pay the price for them, I honestly don't really even want to use the perks that they give. I had my first Glasto this year and it was the best time. 

I know there is resale also but I don't see myself being successful after last weekend and need to give myself more time to organise childcare. 

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. And again really sorry if this gets asked all of the time 🙂

There’s a few websites offering hospitality tickets, most with glamping accommodation packages. They are obscenely expensive. Land and sky farm, premier, and I think Ziggu have are amongst those  such packages. Seems farms close to the site are given a supply of tickets. 
other hospitality is for those in the know😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, ChloeLaura23 said:

£3,850 per person + VAT.  I had a slight crazy moment after Sundays ticket sale and almost convinced myself I could afford this, I have come to my senses now though lol 

Four grand would buy you 1333 blocks of worthy cheese, surely a ticket winner in that lot! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ChloeLaura23 said:

Tempting!! Will have to see if Brothers do the competition on their cider bottles this year too. A diet of Cider and Cheese what could go wrong lol 

There are posters on here who have won competition tickets in the past, so you've got as much chance as anyone. 

As you've probably gathered, lots of folks would happily pay twice the price of a standard ticket for the chance of getting to the farm - many of the regulars consider it like a very special holiday 😊

6 hours ago, ChloeLaura23 said:

Sorry if this has been asked a lot!! Does anyone know how to purchase hospitality tickets? I heard that links to the BBC are needed but I have seen others say that some people sell these also, I just dont know where to find them. 

See Tickets wouldn't let me use my registration on Sunday, kept telling me it had already been used when I was the only one trying for tickets. I am happy to pay the price for them, I honestly don't really even want to use the perks that they give. I had my first Glasto this year and it was the best time. 

I know there is resale also but I don't see myself being successful after last weekend and need to give myself more time to organise childcare. 

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. And again really sorry if this gets asked all of the time 🙂

record companies and the likes of the bbc, get more tickets than are needed by essential staff, and tend to sell off any spares, firstly to staff in the same organisations, and those staff might sell them on.

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

There are posters on here who have won competition tickets in the past, so you've got as much chance as anyone. 

from my experience of running ticket competitions here, there tends to be fewer entrants than you might expect so the chances of winning are pretty decent.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Neil said:

record companies and the likes of the bbc, get more tickets than are needed by essential staff, and tend to sell off any spares, firstly to staff in the same organisations, and those staff might sell them on.

So, like crew tickets, they have no photos on them?

Nothing to stop them being sold on for vast amounts.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

So, like crew tickets, they have no photos on them?

don't think they do, cos the organisations don't know who will be using the tickets at the point the tickets are issued to them.

27 minutes ago, Neil said:

don't think they do, cos the organisations don't know who will be using the tickets at the point the tickets are issued to them.

from memory they have to have a name on the HT and the person getting in has to provide some sort of photo id at the gate (i could be wrong on the photo - may just be Id)

Just now, bob323 said:

from memory they have to have a name on the HT and the person getting in has to provide some sort of photo id at the gate (i could be wrong on the photo - may just be Id)

Correct, hospitality tickets have the name on them and are exchanged for a wristband when photo ID such as a passport is shown. 

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

There’s a few websites offering hospitality tickets, most with glamping accommodation packages. They are obscenely expensive. Land and sky farm, premier, and I think Ziggu have are amongst those  such packages. Seems farms close to the site are given a supply of tickets. 
other hospitality is for those in the know😉

The couple stood next to me during Texas at the Pyramid this year had land and sky wristbands on I nearly asked them how much it cost 😁

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

As you've probably gathered, lots of folks would happily pay twice the price of a standard ticket for the chance of getting to the farm - many of the regulars consider it like a very special holiday 😊

For sure I would definitely pay twice the price too if had the opportunity. Was at my first Glasto this year, only live half hour away but it felt like a holiday! 😁 was a magical experience 

2 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but if your reg has been used can you view the order?

Contacted SeeTickets and they say my registration hasn't actually been used, but it was a glitch on Sunday. Fun times lol

26 minutes ago, bob323 said:

In 2015 we found a hospitality ticket blowing along the path. Pink car park I think. No picture but a name on it.

Handed it to the volunteers in Wicket camping. Hopefully they got in …..

20 minutes ago, ChloeLaura23 said:

For sure I would definitely pay twice the price too if had the opportunity. Was at my first Glasto this year, only live half hour away but it felt like a holiday! 😁 was a magical experience 

Contacted SeeTickets and they say my registration hasn't actually been used, but it was a glitch on Sunday. Fun times lol

Did you happen to take a screenshot showing it saying your registration was allocated? If so and it was indeed a glitch it would be worth challenging it with them.

9 hours ago, UEF said:

They give them to the landowners to keep them sweet. The landowners rent their land out for glamping as it's a nice little earner, as they are entitled to do on their own land.

8 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

They give them to the landowners to keep them sweet. The landowners rent their land out for glamping as it's a nice little earner, as they are entitled to do on their own land.

and as mentioned further up, those landowners will be allowing GFL to use other parts of their land for parking, campervan fields, etc., so a few tickets costs the festival almost nothing compared to a commercial land rental for a fortnight on acres of parking space.

12 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Did you happen to take a screenshot showing it saying your registration was allocated? If so and it was indeed a glitch it would be worth challenging it with them.

'glitch' is a great way of 

Absolving responsibility for a system that doesn't work properly.