SZA

gherkin8r

6 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Its a huge stretch for the festival. To be clear i'm not criticizing the artist one bit. She is perfect for WH headliner. Think a lot of (younger?) posters on here quite sensitive about this view, so will refrain from antagonizing further.

I imagined her as a WH headliner when I started this thread last year. Had no idea how big she was then 

3 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

I think for SZA it will really matter what they put up against on Other and WH as to the success. If you remove those fans in the pit then you're in trouble. So there has to be white boy rock on the other and white boy dance* on WH.

*I know this isnt a thing. 

The National on Other and Justice on Holts it is then! 

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Not sure Drake would fly halfway around the world for a guest appearance at a festival he's no historic affiliation with and for an act who might actually be smaller than him.

Kendrick, on the other hand...

Didn’t Drake do exactly this with Giggs at Reading/Leeds a few years back? Maybe not flew across the world especially for it… but definitely came out for a guest appearance for a much smaller act at a festival he had no history with. 

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

One thing I will say - and this is not a dealbreaker, obviously - is that I cannot imagine SZA being one of those who provides a fabled "Glastonbury moment", in the DeVito-I-get-it mould. Think McCartney hauling out Grohl and Springsteen, Kendrick's relentless near-one-off theatre, Elton thrashing out Pinball Wizard

Imagine this would be a "business as usual"/"just another show"-type gig.

Half-believe these are a myth cooked up by BBC presenters and the wacky bloke from the office who spends more time wondering what funny flag he's going to bring to the festival than anything else.

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Didn’t Drake do exactly this with Giggs at Reading/Leeds a few years back? Maybe not flew across the world especially for it… but definitely came out for a guest appearance for a much smaller act at a festival he had no history with. 

It’s one of the best crowd reactions I’ve ever seen (on YouTube, I wasn’t there). 

Whole place went nuts. 

I’ve watched that video loads and I’m not even a Drake fan, it’s just pure joy. 

Edit. 

Here’s the clip for those who wanna see it….

Edited by nikkic

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

It’s one of the best crowd reactions I’ve ever seen (on YouTube, I wasn’t there). 

Whole place went nuts. 

Edit. 

The song which famously samples a theme tune from Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).

11 hours ago, nikkic said:

Whole place went nuts. 

Edit. 

I too have watched this many times. Just wish they wouldn't reload as it completely saps the energy.

13 hours ago, nikkic said:

Whole place went nuts. 

Edit. 

I was there... watching Wiley. I still get FOMO when I am reminded of it

Drake would 100% show up. I mean he came on at a Section Boyz show at Village Underground a few years ago, so a Pyramid Headliner. Yeah, for sure.

The main issue is that Slime For You (feat. SZA) is a complete dud of a track. One of Drake's worst collabs.

Whilst we're speaking about Giggs and being brought out, btw. When Giggs got brought out by Kano for 3-Wheel Ups at Sonic in 2016 was just unbelievable. One of my all time Glasto moments. And easily the best ever thing to happen at the bloody Sonic, that's for certain.

Edited by Nduja

19 hours ago, nikkic said:

Whole place went nuts. 

Edit. 

Echo this. We didn’t get Drake at Leeds but I’ve watched this clip a million times. It’s pure gold and I don’t even like Drake.

I'm 99% sure Drake won't be appearing. I think the Giggs thing was his love-in with the chap and a cool thing to do because of his love for British music. Giggs had just appeared on More Life with Sampha, Skepta and Jorja Smith.

If we are getting guests, I'm guessing it will be Doja, maybe Phoebe Bridgers and then a wildcard like Avril Lavigne to come out for F2F.

If Doja Cat's on site, that's an easy win.

Phoebe Bridgers feels a likely one too.

Avril Lavigne... maybe. Even if there, maybe - depends if she has other dates elsewhere.

Having rubbished it earlier, SZA could deliver one of those fabled Glastonbury moments, so to speak.

On 3/6/2024 at 4:00 PM, giantkatestacks said:

I think for SZA it will really matter what they put up against on Other and WH as to the success. If you remove those fans in the pit then you're in trouble. So there has to be white boy rock on the other and white boy dance* on WH.

*I know this isnt a thing. 

Assume you mean NEITHER is a thing?