Jibbing?

LS-Charlton

11 hours ago, jow95 said:

Attempting to break in has been a part of the festival for decades, almost encouraged by ME at times. 

Aye maybe, but he had to change his perspective once the crowds pre fence were causing potential safety issues and in turn threatening the future existence of the festival. 

Since that point we've had those progressive increases in headcount and between that and those who have made it in there seemed to be tons of posts on here after 22 were people were upset about overcrowding. 

17 hours ago, jow95 said:

Those that want to will try anyway. Exposing the ways to do so on this forum that the festival definitely read is the best way to stop it if you wanted to.

Attempting to break in has been a part of the festival for decades, almost encouraged by ME at times. 

The biggest way of jibbing is the local villager loop hole which the festival are completely aware of but do nothing about.

If jibbing means to gain entrance illegally without paying for a ticket, it's been long discussed on here that thousands get through the gates that way. Thousands. In fact, shortly after the sale on Sunday I was made aware of a social media post that commiserated with friends who were unsuccessful in the sale but not to worry, "see you at the gate" as usual. If people are concerned about others getting in by so-called "nefarious means", the focus should be on those who profit from letting others in free of charge, rather than those who pay for a ticket, albeit through a technical IT loophole.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If jibbing means to gain entrance illegally without paying for a ticket, it's been long discussed on here that thousands get through the gates that way. Thousands. In fact, shortly after the sale on Sunday I was made aware of a social media post that commiserated with friends who were unsuccessful in the sale but not to worry, "see you at the gate" as usual. If people are concerned about others getting in by so-called "nefarious means", the focus should be on those who profit from letting others in free of charge, rather than those who pay for a ticket, albeit through a technical IT loophole.

Over on the other place in the days directly before this year's fest we had people joining with "contact me on this number and I'll get you in for a price" posts, we deleted the posts and banned the users responsible for them,

Then on, think it was the Wednesday IIRC, some poor sod posted to say he'd actually gone to meet some of these arseholes, unsurprisingly they didn't get him and tried to rob him.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Because this is now so easily accessible and done on such an industrial scale I can see the festival attempting to crack down a bit in the future (closing the local ticket loophole, starting to search boots on staff vehicle gates etc).

I was chatting to a gate supervisor in 2023 and they said they estimated now that 5% of attendees don't have a ticket. That's 10,000 people. If it grows to 15,000 in 2024, then 20,000 in 2025 etc. that's not sustainable, even with the improved crowd management measures they introduced in 2023.

Edited by ProperTea

Just now, ProperTea said:

Because this is now so easily accessible and done on such an industrial scale I can see the festival attempting to crack down a bit in the future (closing the local ticket loophole, starting to search boots on staff vehicle gates etc).

I was chatting to a gate supervisor in 2023 and they said they estimated now that 5% of attendees don't have a ticket. That's 10,000 people. If it grows to 15,000 in 2024, then 20,000 in 2025 etc. that's not sustainable, even with the crowd easing measures they tried to introduce in 2023.

It’ll likely increase in big ways with those numbers knowing routes in … possibly downplaying increase tbh if that original figure is accurate 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’ll likely increase in big ways with those numbers knowing routes in … possibly downplaying increase tbh if that original figure is accurate 

100%. I also think the increasing ticket price is a factor. £500 to get hidden in the back of a traders van is now only £130 more than you'd pay for a ticket. £750 for the local villager ticket loophole trick is £380 more than a standard ticket. So it means that paying to jib in isn't vastly more expensive than a standard ticket now.

Edited by ProperTea

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Over on the other place in the days directly before this year's fest we had people joining with "contact me on this number and I'll get you in for a price" posts, we deleted the posts and banned the users responsible for them,

Then on, think it was the Wednesday IIRC, some poor sod posted to say he'd actually gone to meet some of these arseholes, unsurprisingly they didn't get him and tried to rob him.

I think I'd like to see the festival at least acknowledge this is a thing. I don't want to be overly dramatic, but it's not entirely dissimilar to the Brixton Academy situation, but on an even grander scale

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think I'd like to see the festival at least acknowledge this is a thing. I don't want to be overly dramatic, but it's not entirely dissimilar to the Brixton Academy situation, but on an even grander scale

I can't see the festival admitting that despite the super fence and deploying multiple security companies that they don't have control of their gates.  This is a can of worms that they won't want to open. 

There's been talk since 2019 about all wristbands becoming EPO scans but this was delayed due to the pandemic - perhaps we'll see this rolled out for 2024 along with more wristband checks as people move around the festival.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

There are mixed messages too when it comes to jibbing, most of us agree it's not on and that it does endanger both people on site and the festival as a whole.... yet the Twix guy is considered a hero around these parts.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Twix guy was just a fence jumper, but because he told the story well it's ok.

But also could be just a work of fiction and secondly it was clearly a big challenge.  Not like thirty people meeting a security guard in a pub and that person making many thousands out of fraud. 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

But also could be just a work of fiction and secondly it was clearly a big challenge.  Not like thirty people meeting a security guard in a pub and that person making many thousands out of fraud. 

Whether it's actually real or not doesn't really matter, it's an accepted truth and that's enough.

I was just using the Twix guy as an example to highlight that it feels that people think some ways of sneaking into the festival are ok, and others aren't.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Whether it's actually real or not doesn't really matter, it's an accepted truth and that's enough.

I was just using the Twix guy as an example to highlight that it feels that people think some ways of sneaking into the festival are ok, and others aren't.

I can't speak for others, but they aren't a hero to me, I'd save that for folks we all know of who've made a major contribution to the event taking place. 

I was more offended about the security stories as clearly there were some folks doing the opposite of what they were paid for in terms of that and nicking drugs for massive personal profit.  I heard second hand of someone who boasted of making a five figure sum one year. 

On 11/20/2023 at 1:34 PM, Dejalves said:

While working on gate A last year I had two youngish looking guys sprint past me and up the hill (giant bags on back and everything).

Unfortunetely for them one the security turned into Jason Bourne and removed their security hi-vis, stalked them into the festival, bided their time, grabbed them once they got comfortable and chucked them out. 

What a jobsworth 

On 11/20/2023 at 9:04 AM, LS-Charlton said:

I’ve never experienced a sale like yesterday where myself, none of my friends and none of their friends managed to bag tickets. The question has been asked a few times already, is the jib still possible. 

This is serious post, if anyone knows of any legit ways in please feel free to send a DM. I know of one method that comes at a financial cost, if anyone has any connections please let me know. 

Glastonbury has changed 100% in resent years and as people have said you're a brave soul too try going over that fence...as for getting tickets I'm hoping for some in resale..1st time sincerely that fence went up that we've not got tickets..

12 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Loads of people bought tickets.

By lots of people, you mean syndicates, bots and people manipulating See tickets website?

The people trying in groups of 1-6 are left with scraps and a very low probability of success.

Basically it has become a lottery system by the nature of people in massive syndicates.  

10 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

The people trying in groups of 1-6 are left with scraps and a very low probability of success.

Basically it has become a lottery system by the nature of people in massive syndicates.  

I always tell anyone trying for Glasto tickets to spread the net wide and have as many people trying as possible. Maybe get involved in one of the ticket groups on here to increase your chances?

Hopefully the loophole with the same computer being able to keep getting through will be closed though

Edited by Helsbels
Adding comment

2 hours ago, stuie said:

I can't see the festival admitting that despite the super fence and deploying multiple security companies that they don't have control of their gates.  This is a can of worms that they won't want to open. 

There's been talk since 2019 about all wristbands becoming EPO scans but this was delayed due to the pandemic - perhaps we'll see this rolled out for 2024 along with more wristband checks as people move around the festival.

I definitely think this will happen in the next couple of years; the technology is working really well now and I think could be rolled up. It would immediately end the local ticket blag and most of the other blags, then you'd just have the bunkers to deal with in the main (and fake tickets).

5 hours ago, ProperTea said:

The biggest way of jibbing is the local villager loop hole which the festival are completely aware of but do nothing about.

They actively want the local villagers to use it, because in their view it keeps people on side. 

Also, I'm theory, it's only an extra 4 people per ticket. About 4k or so if everyone maxed it out. 

53 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

I definitely think this will happen in the next couple of years; the technology is working really well now and I think could be rolled up. It would immediately end the local ticket blag and most of the other blags, then you'd just have the bunkers to deal with in the main (and fake tickets).

For someone who isn't up to speed on this sort of thing, how would EPO wristbands stop people getting in? Don't fully understand what they do.

28 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

To a Scouser, 'jibbed' or 'jib it off' means to not do something, so if you ask one if they 'jibbed in' will probably result in a very confused look.

Also, leave Scousers alone.

small minded stereotyping bullshit with Glastonbury demand it will be happening all over the uk  and tbh the ones with most links will likely be Somerset residents or contacts of 

• Upvote 1