Hospitality?

Ayrshire Chris

Didn’t get tickets but then we’ve been lucky for years and years so, no regrets, it’s on to the resale.
Thing is we’ve been offered hospitality tickets by someone trusted , ok still bloody expensive but it’s likely to be our last Glasto.   Anyone done hospitality, what’s it like? 

I did have one a few years ago. Just got access to a separate bit in the middle where they had a few bars, some nicer toilets etc. There was also a bit where you could park that was closer if I recall. Met Seth Troxler and chatted to the Bath Rugby team before going back into the festival proper!

You get access to the Interstage area, which is basically an uninteresting bar, some toilets that are only marginally better than the public ones, and most usefully a route that can save a few minutes if you're shuttling between Pyramid and Other.

You also get access to a campsite, walled off from us mere mortals, and I believe there's some toilets, showers, and a coffee stall in there.

You may get better (closer to the fence) parking and less queue at the gates, though YMMV.

You don't officially get access but may be able to use your non-public wristband to blag your way into some crew bars. Some other crew bars will take delight in weeding you out and making sure you don't get special treatment. In both case depending on who's running the door.

That's basically about it. I'd personally value the above as being worth about 20 quid above the regular ticket price, but others will go much higher depending on priorities.

Far better good people get the hospitality tickets rather than knobheads: I was on gate A for a shift last year and basically everyone with a hospitality ticket finds a way to mention it at every opportunity 😄 one particular example wanted me to find out if there were Sherpas around to give her a hand with her bags, and could we radio the hospitality area to let them know she had arrived? 
I smiled my most polite smile and encouraged her to take responsibility for herself for the next couple of hundred yards, we don’t have an army of servants ready to carry her padded leather bags 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Didn’t get tickets but then we’ve been lucky for years and years so, no regrets, it’s on to the resale.
Thing is we’ve been offered hospitality tickets by someone trusted , ok still bloody expensive but it’s likely to be our last Glasto.   Anyone done hospitality, what’s it like? 

you get access to the interstage area between pyramid and other stage. its a good cut thru -  in the interstage area are some loos (normally clean-ish), some bars and some sit-down cafe's.

you might see someone famous, but probably not.

there's also a hospitality campsite in one field over by john peel somewhere, that has security on the gates. there might also be closer car-parking than the normal punter parking.

i've never paid for it got it as press access , it's not a fabulous perk, its  mildly  interesting (but not exciting) if you've never been in the interstage area.

54 minutes ago, Mr. B said:

Snap

If I had the option and knew it was legit, I would probably do it for the extra cost simply to get in regardless of the extra benefits. We had the exact conversation over a pint earlier after missing out, how we'd make it happen. But have never been hooked up with said option...

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

a hospitality wristband is not a festival-entrance wristband, so check you get something for entrance too.

At least on the years I worked the gates, there were H fabric wristbands that served both as Festival Entry bands, and also granted Hospitality access.

There were also Hospitality secondary (I think paper, not certain though) wristbands that could act as an addition to a public/crew/whatever wristband and grant Hospitality access to those people. I assume that's what you're thinking of.

I assume it's still the same or similar.

28 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Far better good people get the hospitality tickets rather than knobheads: I was on gate A for a shift last year and basically everyone with a hospitality ticket finds a way to mention it at every opportunity 😄 one particular example wanted me to find out if there were Sherpas around to give her a hand with her bags, and could we radio the hospitality area to let them know she had arrived? 
I smiled my most polite smile and encouraged her to take responsibility for herself for the next couple of hundred yards, we don’t have an army of servants ready to carry her padded leather bags 🤣

God this made me chuckle. I went into the hospitality bar / area behind Woodsies last year with crew band literally straight after shift and in need of a thirst quencher. 

Weirdly no small amount of odd balls lolling around on bean bags giving off that slightly weird feeling and generating conversation that felt surreal.  Happy smiling people 

How come it’s likely to be the last?

We have never met but I am always on your Vibe. Do it mate. Take a couple for for the good guys whatever the cost

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Age and other plans for 2025 
but notice the word likely 😉

This will be my 16th……don’t have an issue with my age but having just got married and baby’s potentially round the corner I’ll keep going until something gets in the way! 

38 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes thanks for that, it’s festival hospitality tickets and accommodation or pitch in the hospitality camp I’ve been offered 

A hospitality ticket will get you a hospitality wristband which is not a festival entrance wristband. Say that to your man who might say you also get something else.

(I just mentioned it so you don't get shafted.)

Edited by Neil

28 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

This will be my 16th……don’t have an issue with my age but having just got married and baby’s potentially round the corner I’ll keep going until something gets in the way! 

Aye, other things end up taking precedence at various stages. We put our tickets back in the pot in the April the year we got married (too close to the wedding and it was getting stressful). Both went the year after. Following year our daughter arrived so I took a couple of years off. Came back when she was 2. My mother went ballistic! How dare I leave my wife and child to swan about in a field for a week! My wife piped up and says, leave him alone, he works non-stop and when he’s not working he’s looking after us, this is the only thing he does with his friends and they’ve always done it. I’ve no problem with it, so you shouldn’t either! I’m reminded regularly why I married her, but this was a humdinger. Funny thing is, it was the trigger for her and my mam getting really close (daughter close), even though they’d known each other for years before that.

• Like 1

Its a tricky one... you want to make your last one something you do on your own terms as opposed to staring at a holding page for an hour and then getting the fomo feelings that inevitably come from reading the celebratory stories on here...

I think you had mentioned that you were going to ditch WV and head back on site this year anyway.?

I dont imagine you would be swayed by the cache of having a hospitality wristband... but having a comfortable, central camping spot and the opportunity to use some cut throughs would be pretty handy..

I say treat yourself... Just dont like it too much or you will never go back!

11 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Its a tricky one... you want to make your last one something you do on your own terms as opposed to staring at a holding page for an hour and then getting the fomo feelings that inevitably come from reading the celebratory stories on here...

I think you had mentioned that you were going to ditch WV and head back on site this year anyway.?

I dont imagine you would be swayed by the cache of having a hospitality wristband... but having a comfortable, central camping spot and the opportunity to use some cut throughs would be pretty handy..

I say treat yourself... Just dont like it too much or you will never go back!

Thanks, we did want to head on site rather than wv this year if we were lucky though Mrs c not all that keen! Just after todays sale we got the offer of hospitality tickets, seems you go to bronze gate and wicket gate and get hospitality tickets exchanged for wristbands to get  on site and access other areas. Just making sure we get full confirmation of everything being ok.