404 members have voted

1. 1. How many of your groups got the golden tickets

• 100%
    • 50%-99%
    • 25%-49%
    • 1%-24%
    • 0%

10 minutes ago, Homersexual said:

I resent the festival allowing groups of 6 at a time. Individuals like me don’t stand a chance when people are working together to buy up blocks of tickets.

This is one disappointment too far for me. I’m done with this festival now. It’s too stressful worrying about the sale for weeks in the run up to it, and the crushing disappointment when you get absolutely nowhere gets worse with every passing year.

Guess I’ll be heading abroad at the end of June. 

Yep, should be 4 adults max, they could sort out a family ticket for those with kids, we were just 3 this time but got lucky, have usually just been 2 of us, though there have been 5 in the past. Having said that I've only ever failed once and i'm the only one trying, so always worth trying though it is getting harder.

15 minutes ago, Homersexual said:

I resent the festival allowing groups of 6 at a time. Individuals like me don’t stand a chance when people are working together to buy up blocks of tickets.

This is one disappointment too far for me. I’m done with this festival now. It’s too stressful worrying about the sale for weeks in the run up to it, and the crushing disappointment when you get absolutely nowhere gets worse with every passing year.

Guess I’ll be heading abroad at the end of June. 

So you want everyone to go as singles? I can’t see that happening tbh.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Yep, should be 4 adults max, they could sort out a family ticket for those with kids, we were just 3 this time but got lucky, have usually just been 2 of us, though there have been 5 in the past. Having said that I've only ever failed once and i'm the only one trying, so always worth trying though it is getting harder.

2 adults is enough. There’s just too much demand these days. The festival needs to have a rethink. 

People in groups might think it’s unfair that they don’t get to go with all their friends and family every year, but so what? It’s unfair that the less of you there are trying the less chance you have of being successful.

If you’re in a group of 6 all trying for tickets that makes it 6x more likely for each person to bag a ticket. Individuals shouldn’t be penalised because they don’t know anyone else who wants to go or because they want to go solo.

10 minutes ago, Homersexual said:

Did I say that?

Max. 2 tickets per booking. That’s fair enough.

No, you didn’t specify so i asked you a question. I think 6 is a reasonable number and probably reflects average group sizes at the festival. There’s opportunities to team up with other people if you are a smaller group or an individual. 

4 minutes ago, Homersexual said:

2 adults is enough. There’s just too much demand these days. The festival needs to have a rethink. 

People in groups might think it’s unfair that they don’t get to go with all their friends and family every year, but so what? It’s unfair that the less of you there are trying the less chance you have of being successful.

If you’re in a group of 6 all trying for tickets that makes it 6x more likely for each person to bag a ticket. Individuals shouldn’t be penalised because they don’t know anyone else who wants to go or because they want to go solo.

You might not know anyone else that wants to go but you could recruit some assistance from friends and family anyway? People in our groups had friends/siblings trying for them that had no intention of going. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Homersexual said:

But a solo person could have a dozen people (who don`t want to go) trying for them, unless of cause the are a billy no mates 🙂 

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

No, you didn’t specify so i asked you a question. I think 6 is a reasonable number and probably reflects average group sizes at the festival. There’s opportunities to team up with other people if you are a smaller group or an individual. 

6 is not a reasonable number in this day and age at all with the demand for tickets. Average group sizes are irrelevant.

Why should I be forced to work with strangers over the internet just to give myself a fair chance? Who’s to say those people would ever pay me back? What might be OK for you is not necessarily OK for everyone else. 

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

You might not know anyone else that wants to go but you could recruit some assistance from friends and family anyway? People in our groups had friends/siblings trying for them that had no intention of going. 

Again, you’re looking at things from YOUR perspective. Not everyone has the opportunity to rope other people in to help. 

As things stand this is not a fair system. It’s about time the festival took that into a consideration.

Just make it a f**king ballot already and then it’s down to pot luck.