Which coach to go for

Rump steak

40 minutes ago, Rump steak said:

Any experienced coach ticket getters know if there's any advantage to picking coaches that won't have as many takers?

I'm wondering whether to not even bother trying to get a London coach ticket and going straight for Southampton or something 

The less popular locations will have fewer coaches available, so it's probably much of a muchness.

I'm surprised that more people don't go for the options more local to Glastonbury (Bristol, Bath, Taunton, etc), regardless of where they live. I think I'd much rather drive or get the train from London, Liverpool, Edinburgh, etc, park somewhere in one of the local towns (if necessary) and catch the coach from there. I can't think of many worse travelling options than taking a coach from Scotland. And as for the return journey on Monday...

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm surprised that more people don't go for the options more local to Glastonbury (Bristol, Bath, Taunton, etc), regardless of where they live. I think I'd much rather drive or get the train from London, Liverpool, Edinburgh, etc, park somewhere in one of the local towns (if necessary) and catch the coach from there. I can't think of many worse travelling options than taking a coach from Scotland. And as for the return journey on Monday...

Shush 😅

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Joey Peeps said:

I never realised there were single coaches available. Does that mean those cities have more departures? I know Bristol and London do anyway.

Larger cities have more departures based on previous years demand

London and Bristol have the most - as such your allowed to pick a timeslot.

Just go for whats near you and scramble if needs be

If you actually want a better chance for coach the best tip is to go for thursday instead of wednesday

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, or fly to one of those places.

Shut up though its a secret.

in last coach resale - I'd got to booking page for my city but no availability so flicked round a couple of other locations and I got through on Taunton but failed at payment page.

The locations where you can book a single probably have more coaches departing so better chance of getting one there.

Personally I'm only trying for my home city and the one where my parents live if that's not available. Seems like cheating to go somewhere miles away from where you live to get a "green" coach ticket to the festival.

Plus getting home on the Monday is going to be horrible.....

13 hours ago, Penrhos said:

Personally I'm only trying for my home city and the one where my parents live if that's not available. Seems like cheating to go somewhere miles away from where you live to get a "green" coach ticket to the festival.

Tend to agree, but is the real reason for coach tickets some sort of "green initiative" or is it really just to cut down required car parking space.

9 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Tend to agree, but is the real reason for coach tickets some sort of "green initiative" or is it really just to cut down required car parking space.

well given that the carpark pays for itself  with the passes it fits the Green ethos and also massively helps arrivals and departures in terms of traffic congestion 

13 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It's mandated by the council / licence, in theory to reduce the amount of extra traffic in the area, as part of an increase in public numbers.

14 hours ago, Penrhos said:

in last coach resale - I'd got to booking page for my city but no availability so flicked round a couple of other locations and I got through on Taunton but failed at payment page.

The locations where you can book a single probably have more coaches departing so better chance of getting one there.

Plus getting home on the Monday is going to be horrible.....

I wouldn't worry much about 'cheating'

They force all 6 people to get the same coach, lots of people are far away from eachother as it is e.g. likely will have someone welsh come to london to get on our london coach as 5 of us are london with a welsh person

I get its for operational purposes but i wouldn't feel bad about it

next we'll all be only refreshing every 20 seconds lol

34 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Coach tickets make them money without a doubt - no idea how much vs parking passes but they cost a lot vs a megabus equivalent etc. think its £70 almost for a london return

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Coach tickets make them money without a doubt - no idea how much vs parking passes but they cost a lot vs a megabus equivalent etc. think its £70 almost for a london return

Although of course the costs of sending a megabus to the capital city using existing routes, infrastructure and stops are hugely different too. 

Best thing about the coach - is Monday, Crawl to the coach park, get on coach, sleep until services, use a real toilet, get back on coach, sleep until home.

How I drove home in 2017 without getting pulled or crashing I'll never know, I hadn't slept since Saturday night when I drove off site very early Monday morning - Never trying that ever again.....

1 minute ago, Penrhos said:

How I drove home in 2017 without getting pulled or crashing I'll never know, I hadn't slept since Saturday night when I drove off site very early Monday morning - Never trying that ever again.....

This is exactly why I never leave site until Tuesday afternoon.

Tried leaving Monday afternoon on year, driving across site was fine, I thought I'll be okay.

Hit the main road and it all went weird, lunatics in metal boxes speeding past me with inches to spare.

Pulled into a lay by and got a couple of hours kip.