Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

46 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

That’s kind of handy in a way as it’s only one group of 4 you’ll need , as long as you can keep them interested as helpers . I’m 2 bars of chocolate down and 3 to try . 

Yeah I thought the same. They're not helping but I've got a different two who aren't going but have been before to help.

Itll have to be the plain Choc for me, not a fan of salted caramel! 

33 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

We’re in the same boat. Syndicate of 33 but down to around 6 now as most are not wanting to try for resale, a few undecided but it looks like we’ll be a small group this year. Makes it easier for the resales though 🙏🙌

That's a big drop off! I hope this is indicative of a general trend. Maybe the "underwhelming" lineup reaction actually shows in how many try for resale than in those not paying their balance. At least that's what I'm telling myself...

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah I thought the same. They're not helping but I've got a different two who aren't going but have been before to help.

Itll have to be the plain Choc for me, not a fan of salted caramel! 

That's a big drop off! I hope this is indicative of a general trend. Maybe the "underwhelming" lineup reaction actually shows in how many try for resale than in those not paying their balance. At least that's what I'm telling myself...

Yes let’s hope other groups have downsized too 🙏 We’ve had a mix of people not impressed with the line up, other commitments and financial reasons. Also I think a few don’t want to go through the torture of T-Day again. The ones we have left are all trying the competitions and getting prepped for resale so hopefully our little downsized group will be lucky 🤞🍀

Purchased some chocolate from my local Oxfam. The nice old lady behind the counter said she'd had a bar purely to try the chocolate and would have given the ticket away if she'd won. I did tell her if she fancied another bar and did win I'd pay her handsomely for the ticket.

6 minutes ago, idb said:

Purchased some chocolate from my local Oxfam. The nice old lady behind the counter said she'd had a bar purely to try the chocolate and would have given the ticket away if she'd won. I did tell her if she fancied another bar and did win I'd pay her handsomely for the ticket.

mine told me they arent allowed to purchase it 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Debani said:

Hi, the Co op Worthy Farm cheese comp started yesterday.  Not sure if already posted.  10 pairs of tickets.  Runs till 23rd April.

not been posted but I thought that one had finished ... ? 

44 minutes ago, Debani said:

Hi, the Co op Worthy Farm cheese comp started yesterday.  Not sure if already posted.  10 pairs of tickets.  Runs till 23rd April.

Thanks so much - glad I read this as I was just off to buy some more Brooklyn beer! Will add cheese to my shopping bag as well! 

16 hours ago, BillieBobs said:

Yes let’s hope other groups have downsized too 🙏 We’ve had a mix of people not impressed with the line up, other commitments and financial reasons. Also I think a few don’t want to go through the torture of T-Day again. The ones we have left are all trying the competitions and getting prepped for resale so hopefully our little downsized group will be lucky 🤞🍀

We've had a few drop out from our group - 9 originally, now down to 5

Had my delivery of 3 Tonys bars today. Assuming the "you've won" paper would be outside the foil, then I've not won. If it's inside the foil then my friends who are ticketless are going to have to wait a while longer to see if I've won 😄 

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Had my delivery of 3 Tonys bars today. Assuming the "you've won" paper would be outside the foil, then I've not won. If it's inside the foil then my friends who are ticketless are going to have to wait a while longer to see if I've won 😄 

I’m 3 bars in out of 5 no wins yet … and I don’t even need a ticket 

1 hour ago, thewomble said:

Win a pair of Glastonbury tickets - Co-op (coop.co.uk)

😩 not more cheese, I beg

I've still got cheese left from earlier this year. On the plus side, it keeps well (some is in the freezer, others, bb 15 Feb, is still going strong in sandwiches etc). It's off to co-op we go, hi ho, hi ho, hi ho, hi ho.
Not tried it, but I suspect I'll have to at some point: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cider-cheese-fondue/

4 bars of Tonys bought today. 2 of each flavour. So far, no golden ticket.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to keep trying with he chocolate bars though, still got about 40 cans of brothers to open and try. I will go and get some cheese though.

52 minutes ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

I've still got cheese left from earlier this year. On the plus side, it keeps well (some is in the freezer, others, bb 15 Feb, is still going strong in sandwiches etc). It's off to co-op we go, hi ho, hi ho, hi ho, hi ho.
Not tried it, but I suspect I'll have to at some point: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cider-cheese-fondue/

I think I'd skip straight to it, that sounds amazing!! I would certainly not use the Brothers for it though...

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I think there was a video of someone finding a ticket last year? 

Edited by clarkete

13 minutes ago, lobo said:

Someone on the Reddit Glastonbury page has said they’ve just won 2 tickets. No idea which competition it was with though. What a day for them! 

Would have had to be either Brothers or Tonys.

Those are the only "instant win" ones, everything else will be drawn after the (not yet reached) closing dates.