Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, angelin said:

I don’t think I’ll bother with the chocolate one it’s too random for me and it’s not even that nice. Unless they have changed the flavour this year?

Almond and sea salt - milk or plain! 🍫

I don’t think I’ll bother with the chocolate one it’s too random for me and it’s not even that nice. Unless they have changed the flavour this year?

It's elite chocolate but yes it is expensive and odds probably not hugely in your favour.

Just now, gigpusher said:

Any competition that you actually have to do something other than buy a product or fill in your details will give you much higher chances of success.

Yeah I’m remembering one on tik tok last year with very few entries that met the requirements was like 50/50 you’d win if you entered 

15 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Any competition that you actually have to do something other than buy a product or fill in your details will give you much higher chances of success.

Is it just the tik tok competition that’s requiring you to do something to win so far? 

*edit - just checked the tik tok one and entered. Just needed to tag a friend or name an artist you’d like to see*

Edited by lobo

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah I’m remembering one on tik tok last year with very few entries that met the requirements was like 50/50 you’d win if you entered 

Yes think it was a Vodafone one because you had to be a bit creative and get likes at one point it seemed like there'd only just be enough entries that would meet the criteria to win vs number of tickets on offer

1 hour ago, lobo said:

Is it just the tik tok competition that’s requiring you to do something to win so far? 

*edit - just checked the tik tok one and entered. Just needed to tag a friend or name an artist you’d like to see*

Yes those ones will still get a fair few more because the effort is little. Basically anything where you have to put a little more effort in your chances of winning go up so much that the little effort is definitely worth it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Keep the faith gang … only 1 of the brothers prizes has gone … and now it’s peak competition time loads of chances yet 

Do Brothers announce as someone wins or is this based on winners announcing on social media somewhere. That's good news if that's correct. 

2 minutes ago, Doohickey said:

Do Brothers announce as someone wins or is this based on winners announcing on social media somewhere. That's good news if that's correct. 

They’ve announced 1 that I’ve seen .. on Twitter 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, angelin said:

Yes, me too.  I'm kind of desperate for tickets but the chocolate competition seems like such a long shot 'm trying to talk myself into giving it a miss (50/50 ATM). Last year I had to keep driving over to the next town in the hope of finding any, which sometimes worked, sometimes not.  And as you say it wasn't that nice. 

5 minutes ago, Doohickey said:

Yes, me too.  I'm kind of desperate for tickets but the chocolate competition seems like such a long shot 'm trying to talk myself into giving it a miss (50/50 ATM). Last year I had to keep driving over to the next town in the hope of finding any, which sometimes worked, sometimes not.  And as you say it wasn't that nice. 

See I liked it … but maybe get the chocolate now in local store and limit to that . Avoid the trek 

That sounds like a plan. Honestly it drove me mad last and cost a fortune and you can’t even regift as you have to open it 😀 Can anyone remember where the winning ones where? Was it 2 in Manchester? It’s like a needle in a haystack really. It would’ve been so much better if they did done kind of treasure hunt. I still can’t remember if the last one was found last year.  I wonder if they even know where they are themselves? I’ll stick to my local one as well. They had plenty last year. 

so on my day off tomorrow I’m stocking up on cider, weak beer and overpriced chocolate is that right 😀? Hopefully I’ll find a co op somewhere in London.

That sounds like a plan. Honestly it drove me mad last and cost a fortune and you can’t even regift as you have to open it 😀 Can anyone remember where the winning ones where? Was it 2 in Manchester? It’s like a needle in a haystack really. It would’ve been so much better if they did done kind of treasure hunt. I still can’t remember if the last one was found last year.  I wonder if they even know where they are themselves? I’ll stick to my local one as well. They had plenty last year. 

so on my day off tomorrow I’m stocking up on cider, weak beer and overpriced chocolate is that right 😀? Hopefully I’ll find a co op somewhere in London.

Isn't it just a form of treasure hunt? 

The chocolate is pretty popular, the competition got tons of positive publicity and it drove a lot of traffic to shops, all for a modest outlay in terms of tickets. 

As with many competitions, you're right about the odds, but people can and do win, for a modest outlay. 

I also thought that folks saved unnecessary travel by phoning the shops or buying online? 

Feels like I'm stating the obvious here, but the the Chocolate / Cheese / Brothers competitions aren't really designed for the people who're prepared to spend silly money buying far more than they normally would. They exist to encourage the substantially larger majority of people who might buy enough for a small number of entries to change their habits - buy an ethical (and nicer) chocolate bar instead of something from Mondelez or Nestle. Buy it from Oxfam instead of Tesco, and hell while you're there take a look around and see if there's anything else of interest.

Remember that on the recent prize draw, there was a total of 63,972 entries from 33,606 people - so on that one easily more than half of the people entering only did so once - no idea whether that translates to the other competitions but I think it does show that for the majority a competition to win Glastonbury tickets is treated as a punt, rather than something to approach tactically.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Isn't it just a form of treasure hunt? 

The chocolate is pretty popular, the competition got tons of positive publicity and it drove a lot of traffic to shops, all for a modest outlay in terms of tickets. 

As with many competitions, you're right about the odds, but people can and do win, for a modest outlay. 

I also thought that folks saved unnecessary travel by phoning the shops or buying online? 

You can order online. I tried my local store today and not only did they not have any in, but the bloke behind the till had no idea of the competition, or whether they would get any in.

7 minutes ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

You can order online. I tried my local store today and not only did they not have any in, but the bloke behind the till had no idea of the competition, or whether they would get any in.

Don’t forget they are run by volunteers that very possibly only do a few hours a week . There might not be an official briefing document for a few boxes each shop gets 

3 hours ago, incident said:

Feels like I'm stating the obvious here, but the the Chocolate / Cheese / Brothers competitions aren't really designed for the people who're prepared to spend silly money buying far more than they normally would. They exist to encourage the substantially larger majority of people who might buy enough for a small number of entries to change their habits - buy an ethical (and nicer) chocolate bar instead of something from Mondelez or Nestle. Buy it from Oxfam instead of Tesco, and hell while you're there take a look around and see if there's anything else of interest.

Remember that on the recent prize draw, there was a total of 63,972 entries from 33,606 people - so on that one easily more than half of the people entering only did so once - no idea whether that translates to the other competitions but I think it does show that for the majority a competition to win Glastonbury tickets is treated as a punt, rather than something to approach tactically.

Even though I've already got a ticket, I did indeed buy a couple online, plus small donation to charity. 

Nice cheap novelty pressie for a couple of friends and decent cause too. 

5 hours ago, incident said:

I thoroughly get what you are saying. I also recognise the zeal (and hope) on this thread. This will sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet, but its not meant to sound that way - I have entered all the competitions (including paying £10 for one entry) so that I could gift the tickets to a couple of people on this thread. It would be ace if at least one person on here got a couple of Golden Tickets. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Can you imagine?😀 it would be great if we knew someone. Last year I was having treatment but it was still perfect just taking my time. The weather helped. This year Im physically better than I was and have hair😃 but Im happy to see other people go. I think Im just enjoying the chase! Because none of our group have secured them it makes it easier to let it go. I mean, it could all change if we get lucky in the resale lets see.

Can you imagine?😀 it would be great if we knew someone. Last year I was having treatment but it was still perfect just taking my time. The weather helped. This year Im physically better than I was and have hair😃 but Im happy to see other people go. I think Im just enjoying the chase! Because none of our group have secured them it makes it easier to let it go. I mean, it could all change if we get lucky in the resale lets see.

Most of us have been lucky in the resale once or twice...indeed I've had my own success and more recently in my case kind folks from this parish helped me in 22. 

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I thoroughly get what you are saying. I also recognise the zeal (and hope) on this thread. This will sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet, but its not meant to sound that way - I have entered all the competitions (including paying £10 for one entry) so that I could gift the tickets to a couple of people on this thread. It would be ace if at least one person on here got a couple of Golden Tickets. 

It's not impossible! I've won tickets to Glastonbury twice now. With BBC Radio each time, no Golden Ticket - which is my DREAM win! What a rush that would be. 

• Upvote 1