2025 Headliners

On 1/9/2024 at 4:23 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Got me thinking - what would a 2015 headline set have looked like?

1 Different People
2 That Golden Rule
3 Who’s Got a Match?
4 57
5 Biblical
6 Justboy
7 Folding Stars
8 Bubbles
9 God and Satan
10 Machines
11 The Captain
12 There’s No Such Thing as a Jaggy Snake
13 Living is a Problem Because Everything Dies
14 Glitter and Trauma
15 Black Chandelier
16 Mountains

17 Many of Horror
18 Stingin’ Belle

That's... robust. That's very robust, though I do say that with bias.

I’d say that’s pretty shite for a Glasto headliner. But each to their own.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I’d say that’s pretty shite for a Glasto headliner. But each to their own.

Indeed, it is each to their own. To counter though, there's more top-forty hits in that set than in Florence and the Machine's show the same year when they were called up as super sub.

Does that make it a better set than theirs? Absolutely not. But in terms of casual punter crossover, it's the peak moment where Biffy Clyro could have done it, and the point where they probably boasted the best ratio of hits within their setlist.

On 1/9/2024 at 4:23 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Got me thinking - what would a 2015 headline set have looked like?

1 Different People
2 That Golden Rule
3 Who’s Got a Match?
4 57
5 Biblical
6 Justboy
7 Folding Stars
8 Bubbles
9 God and Satan
10 Machines
11 The Captain
12 There’s No Such Thing as a Jaggy Snake
13 Living is a Problem Because Everything Dies
14 Glitter and Trauma
15 Black Chandelier
16 Mountains

17 Many of Horror
18 Stingin’ Belle

That's... robust. That's very robust, though I do say that with bias.

Well they did 17 songs as a sub set in 2017 so I reckon you can add 2 minimum to that.

I'd have chosen Bubbles, Victory over the Sun, Shock Shock, Saturday Superhouse, The Conversation is, Semi Mental over Black Chandelier, Just Boy, Folding Stars, 57 and Many of Horror.

On 1/9/2024 at 5:18 PM, northernangel said:

I've always had that opinion of my Stormzy was booked, but that's always been shot down.

It was very clearly an equality movement booking. 

Even if this were true, it went SPECTACULARLY well. Plus one for the "equality movement bookings".

Just now, Sasperella2 said:

Even if this were true, it went SPECTACULARLY well. Plus one for the "equality movement bookings".

I didn't rate it personally, not for me but that's me.

Well it was true, and you can put what you want it quotes but it's a reply to a comment that essentially said that as well but using different words. 

17 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Well it was true, and you can put what you want it quotes but it's a reply to a comment that essentially said that as well but using different words. 

Do you have literally any evidence at all for this claim? Or are you just spouting some pretty ignorant and offensive nonsense? 

Edited by On The Blend

Stormzy was booked to headline in a year that was incredibly barren for festival headliners, as was apparent from the other two we had who kind of broke formula from most years. Would he have been booked to do it if there was a wealth of other big headliners available? Who knows, but it had nothing to do with ‘diversity’ and far more with giving an act a leg up whilst they had the opportunity to do so.

46 minutes ago, clarkete said:

If I wanted not have my own opinion and just go by them then I would. I'll remember next time I go to a gig to read these reviews of the artists first to make sure if I feel I still want to.

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

Do you have literally any evidence at all for this claim? Or are you just spouting some pretty ignorant and offensive nonsense? 

Look at what the comment said that I replied to before you suggest questioning and calling me out, past Tuesday just after 4pm. Its certainly no offense whatever your belief is. Offensive would me me being against what he stands for which I am certainly not.

Edited by northernangel

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You mean the comment that said he was the face of British hip-hop?

Are you sure you're not the one that immediately made it about race?

Did he said that?, or did he said he was the face of a movement?, while me saying movement gets shut down, and neither of those I'm sure was said in any racist way.

I'm absolutely sure, I made it about what he spoke about and his beliefs. I'm not bothered about his race what so ever but Emily goes on about diversity, equality and rights all the time. 

14 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Did he said that?, or did he said he was the face of a movement?, while me saying movement gets shut down, and neither of those I'm sure was said in any racist way.

I'm absolutely sure, I made it about what he spoke about and his beliefs. I'm not bothered about his race what so ever but Emily goes on about diversity, equality and rights all the time. 

So if she books Dave to headline next year will that be based on his merit or is that an equality movement booking? What’s the criteria? 

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

If I wanted not have my own opinion and just go by them then I would. I'll remember next time I go to a gig to read these reviews of the artists first to make sure if I feel I still want to.

I'm suggesting that your statement "very clearly an equality movement booking" is clearly untrue, it was simply the bookers doing a great job and picking an artist who put together a  brilliant and well received set. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gobbledegook 

And you're entitled to your opinion but don't ask for an opinion when you're actually not going to like what is said unless is sums up your view too.

3 hours ago, stuie said:

So if she books Dave to headline next year will that be based on his merit or is that an equality movement booking? What’s the criteria? 

I find Dave an act that is bigger now than what Stormzy now was when chosen to headline. He's already outsold Stormzy.

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

I'm suggesting that your statement "very clearly an equality movement booking" is clearly untrue, it was simply the bookers doing a great job and picking an artist who put together a  brilliant and well received set. 

Yet another person has said as well that they clearly weren't a first choice. Very selective opinions on here depending on who the comment is aimed at I think...and expected.

Stormzy made a lot of noises about the culture and scene in which he comes from etc etc and fairplay to him because they shouldn't just be tarnished.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Yet another person has said as well that they clearly weren't a first choice. Very selective opinions on here depending on who the comment is aimed at I think...and expected.

I haven't noticed anyone else make the same claim as you.