2025 Headliners

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

All true, but I think he still needs his third album to go over large seal the deal.

I agree they'll have an eye on his third album but I'd be very surprised if it was a flop and he'd be largely booked based on the merit of what he's already achieved.

58 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

If they ever reform I think they’ll do Glastonbury. It might not be their first stop or even in the first year of touring, but both brothers love it so I reckon they’d take the one low payday understanding how massive them doing the festival again would be. 

Yeah I meant there's no chance they're doing 2025, but I agree Glastonbury would definitely be on their agenda down the line once they've cashed in on exclusives and their own shows.

1 hour ago, gblock said:

Sam Fender isn't a headliner (yet), in the same bracket as Royal Blood, LG, George Ezra... i.e. perfect size to sub the pyramid

He headlined (properly) Reading this year - with a decent album he is there.

1 hour ago, gblock said:

I don't personally think he's grown in popularity enough to bridge the gap yet though is my point  - would say he's roughly at the same size now as he was in 2022. His next album (in 2024 at some point) would have to be really huge for him to become a headliner size act.

If he did return to the farm in 2025 off the back of new material, I think he'd be headlining the Other stage. Happy to be wrong though, I like his music and would watch him headline the pyramid for sure.

Yeah he’ll 100% be headlining off the next album

10 hours ago, gblock said:

Sam Fender isn't a headliner (yet), in the same bracket as Royal Blood, LG, George Ezra... i.e. perfect size to sub the pyramid

Probably depends on his third album but he’s already headlined Trnsmt and Leeds/Reading this year, it won’t need much.

Aye, Fender's definitely big enough. Might not have the level of crossover singles some others do, but the speedy sales for two sold-out arena tours, Finsbury Park, a pair of massive stadium homecoming shows (granted, slightly skewed there) and R+L, where he seemed to nab the best crowds of the weekend, make me think he's on the level.

But I can concur, Dave might have the edge on first call. (For what it's worth, both are robust live, but I'd take Fender over Dave for casual crossover appeal to a nominal Pyramid audience, despite the latter's massive hits.)

10 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Fender , 1975  . Dave 

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

I like all of the above but never in a million years is that happening.  Looks more like a Boardmasters lineup.

Yeah, or R+L. Maybe two of them, but not all three.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

1 each from:

Fender, Dave, The 1975 etc… (newer U.K. act who hasn’t done it)

Taylor Swift, Rhianna, Olivia Rodrigo

A Heritage Act such as Blur, The Rolling Stones, U2, Stevie Wonder

Absolutely bang on the money. Your rising - or risen - British-based act, your megawatt modern draw and your nominal heritage booking.

Dua Lipa, Coldplay and Madonna for 2024 fits that description down to a tee, I'd say.

If I had personal preference, I'd go The 1975, Taylor Swift and Billy Joel, I think. Won't happen in a month of Sundays.

7 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Dua Lipa, Coldplay and Madonna for 2024 fits that description down to a tee, I'd say.

Not so much the 2023 trio, though. It's probably somewhat what they aim for each year, mind.