2025 Headliners

3 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Ah of course, I thought he meant it was racism against The 1975.

Regardless, that happened way after they would have booked the 2023 headliners so it's a moot point.

On 11/12/2023 at 7:53 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Will always wonder why they chose to go with AM again over The 1975 in 2023.

Seconded. Matty Healy - faux-persona or not - is certainly something but their parachute slot to replace RATM in 2022 at R+L was a masterful example of a ninety-minute headline set.

As a man who enjoyed The Car, it still feels like a missed opportunity to plump with Arctic Monkeys again.

Part of me feels the boat may well have sailed on The 1975 this time next year though. It's not so much I think their footprint will dramatically fall off, so much as Healy will truly torpedo them, at least in the eyes of bookers.

46 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Swap either Ozric's or Senser for KLF and we've got a deal.

10 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Other Stage: Back to The Planet, Credit To the Nation, G Love and Special Sauce

between the three of us i think we pretty much have the 2025 festival sorted 😀

• Upvote 1

Revising my guesswork because something's just occurred to me. I think you've got to go back to 2014 to find the last time it was a trio of headliners who were all having their first stab at topping the Pyramid, so on that basis, I'm going to assume one headliner for 2025 is at least a former bill-topper too.

So, with that in mind:

Olivia Rodrigo / Foo Fighters / Billy Joel or Dave / Foo Fighters / Lady Gaga or Sam Fender / Foo Fighters / Taylor Swift or The 1975 / Foo Fighters / Rihanna.

Basically, Foo Fighters. The useful plus-point for bookers is that, like Coldplay, they'll take the cut and play for peanuts. A younger British artist - or Olivia Rodrigo - would also theoretically be on the cheaper side at this stage, allowing the final wad of cash to snare that massive American popstar or heritage pull.

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

f**king Foo f**king Fighters. Good christ no, the last thing we need is more meat and potatoes dirtying up the pyramid field. Give it at least half a decade before we have to deal with them again 

At least!

If I never hear mention of Foo Fighters or Dave Grohl ever again it will be too soon.

Edited by Skip997
  • Upvote 1

I'd be happy for it to not be Foo Fighters, let it be said - I'm on record stating I wouldn't book a repeat headliner from the past decade if I could get away with it - but at the same time, they do have the Coldplay-esque element of "they'll do it for peanuts" about them.

See also: Muse. (Though the general shrug to that 2016 slot makes me wonder if that's why they haven't come back around yet too.)

10 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

We think this, but even without any discernible airplay from its singles, Will of the People still shifted robust numbers. They're at the level where they are still credible enough, I'd argye.

I'd argue that they maybe still shift the right numbers of units to their fanbase, but its the lack of credibility that scuppers them.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd argue that they maybe still shift the right numbers of units to their favasr, but its the lack of credibility that scuppers them.

With all due respect sir, and I say this as a man who broadly enjoyed their headline slot this year and very much respects your views, I'm not sure we can cite "lack of credibility" as a good reason after we had Guns N' Roses headline.

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

With all due respect sir, and I say this as a man who broadly enjoyed their headline slot this year and very much respects your views, I'm not sure we can cite "lack of credibility" as a good reason after we had Guns N' Roses headline.

Guns'n'Roses were a back-up option, though - as well as being a first time headliner and so having the benefit of novelty on their side.

Muse could well wind up doing it yet again, but I suspect they'll no longer be a first choice.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Guns'n'Roses were a back-up option, though - as well as being a first time headliner and so having the benefit of novelty on their side.

Muse could well wind up doing it yet again, but I suspect they'll no longer be a first choice.

That's a true point - I do forget the former some time.

I concur they won't be a first-choice, but as a cheap back-up - which Glastonbury seems to need now and again - they are probably in the mix.