Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

Just going from some anecdotal evidence, it looks like some people who did all the requested steps to confirm their registrations still got them deleted.

Obviously, said people had loads of time to check before Monday, so I'm not sure Glasto had to do this - but I can see that, if more than a handful of people's registrations were genuinely deleted in error, and they've only really realised that this week, it made sense to do something.

1 minute ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Which is fair enough. But 4 hours before they sale? Really? 

If today is the first time thousands of people have thought to check their reg and it's not working so they complained, then today might be the first time they realised it was a substantial issue.

But I wouldn't rule out it being a case where a certain proportion of people received an email in error and/or accidentally had their reg deleted. This feels like there has to be an error on their end rather than 'thousands of people couldn't read our email properly so we need to delay everything for them to catch up'.

• Upvote 1

Honestly what an absolute joke. They made it so clear, sent countless emails. I've got friends who have planned holidays to avoid being away for when the sale is and now they're screwed. Coupled that with reducing the odds with more punters who will think to register because of this. Crazy crazy decision

• Upvote 1

What the actual hell - this has really pissed me off. 

How can you announce 4 hours before ticket sales that people who haven't bothered to read the multiple emails about your reg details that you're gonna accommodate them. 

They never have an issue to sell out. If you didn't bother updating them, you clearly didn't care enough 

Weird and annoying, sooo last mintue...something must have gone wrong behind the scenes, always amazes me how Glastonbury is so big and been running forever but is kinda amateur too...like the covid livestreaming problems!

Edited by Harebell
spelling

Just now, aj6658 said:

What the actual hell - this has really pissed me off. 

How can you announce 4 hours before ticket sales that people who haven't bothered to read the multiple emails about your reg details that you're gonna accommodate them. 

They never have an issue to sell out. If you didn't bother updating them, you clearly didn't care enough 

Why do you care? No offence but you just try in two weeks instead. It's a minor inconvenience at most

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

This happened to me , I got the “you’ve been deleted email” last month , but I acted on it immediately, contacted See Tickets and got it sorted. Checked my registration every couple of days since 

I’m assuming a lot of people haven’t checked until the deadline on Monday and have now flooded See/Glastonbury with complaints so they’ve had to do something about it. 4 hours before is pretty bad though. 

Another two weeks of pain now and probably another good few thousand people to contend with in the sale 😂

• Like 1