2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

14 minutes ago, kpins said:

As demand hugely outstrips supply, there will never be a fair system. I've missed out on the last few but got tickets this year. Swings and roundabouts and plenty of non tech folk got tickets (me included). The thing that worked for me was multiple tabs, but when one got through they all got through so I closed all apart from one

Congratulations to you...

And it's good to hear more from people like you, as the hysteria grows due to suggestions that network engineers, bot farms and discord boys got the majority of the tickets this year 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

It shouldn't.

Once you've used one of the tabs to buy tickets, the single session they're sharing should be invalidated, and the forms on the other tabs shouldn't work - i.e. you should get kicked back to the holding page when you try and submit them.

Agreed, but I think it's safe to assume see tickets were not killing sessions post transaction in all situations given some of the blow back over the last few days. 

I stuck to single tab to prevent hitting any request rate limits but reading this 60 requests a minute was not in affect either for some posters on here. 

Just now, CurlyPutz said:

Agreed, but I think it's safe to assume see tickets were not killing sessions post transaction in all situations given some of the blow back over the last few days. 

Yeah, this does seem to happen every year, but not for everyone.

My session was definitely invalidated after buying tickets this year, but pressing back and resubmitting the form has worked for me in the past. There seems to be some intermittent bug in their code that they've never squashed.

3 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

I stuck to single tab to prevent hitting any request rate limits but reading this 60 requests a minute was not in affect either for some posters on here. 

I had several browsers open with around 20 tabs in each, all refreshing on their own in the background, while I also manually F5'd. I did see a "too many requests" message a few times.

1 minute ago, Cheesey said:

Yeah, this does seem to happen every year, but not for everyone.

My session was definitely invalidated after buying tickets this year, but pressing back and resubmitting the form has worked for me in the past. There seems to be some intermittent bug in their code that they've never squashed.

I had several browsers open with around 20 tabs in each, all refreshing on their own in the background, while I also manually F5'd. I did see a "too many requests" message a few times.

Out of likes but thanks. Been some very useful information shared here over the last few days so thanks to everyone.

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

Congratulations to you...

And it's good to hear more from people like you, as the hysteria grows due to suggestions that network engineers, bot farms and discord boys got the majority of the tickets this year 🙂 

Even if a group gets through with the exploit it's realistically only 1 or 2 'techbros' out of 6 (or more) as you only need one committed techy person who will probably be sorting out their less techy friends. Honestly not too different to a normal big group. I'm sure most people who have tried for tickets with offline friendship groups can agree you have 1 or 2 organisational gurus who have to whip everyone into shape.

My group got in with the exploit, but only because someone was taught how to do it by their brother's friend. All 9 of us have been trying and failing for years, we have 7 first timers, and 2 have been once as volunteers because they were desparate to go, so definitely feel like we were due some good luck. 

Back in 2017, I failed in both the original sale and the resale. No probs, just needed to be on perma-alert for the secret sale (that was of course the 1st year with no secret sale 😭). Anyway, 1 of my colleagues said "don't you go every year? They should have priority tickets for people who always go." Oh, how I laughed.

20 minutes ago, Rex2 said:

It is completely different to big groups as one person can in theory get on and get tickets guaranteed for as many as they want hence opening the door to getting guaranteed tickets 'for a fee' it's not fair no matter which way you swing it 

My comment was about the demographics of people getting a ticket in this recent sale not really being affected. You're right it is different if you look at the moral and practical implications of leaving the exploit open, but that's a different question entirely 

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Go back read the first couple pages of the thread. Something exists in some capacity on non sale times, whether it stops things during sales is another matter. It would appear not based on people here

While it looks like the jury is out regarding See, other vendors do have this kind of monitoring in place.

Ticketmaster sent me to a sin bin during the Boss sale for behaviour that resembled a bot i.e  refreshing too many times...

5 hours ago, skinnymike said:

The same people whinging about 'unfair' tech hacks are the ones who would leverage every opportunity they could to get a ticket on sale day. This very forum gave me most of the information I needed in recent years to grab tickets via advice on how the load balancing and refresh limiting worked on SeeTickets' site. The problem (if you even want to call it that) is information spreads extremely quickly due to social media and sites like this and people will try anything to grab an elusive ticket. 

5 hours ago, skinnymike said:

This is exactly what frustrates me though. Everyone on here happy to join a huge spreadsheet to increase their odds then some knowledgable techies find a workaround and all of a sudden they're aggrieved because their own social "hack" becomes the second best option. Give over!

The difference is that this was about accessing an unauthorized server and the information on how to do so wasn’t available on the public facing internet anywhere, unlike previous ticket “tips and tricks.”

And it’s become common knowledge that this information was then sold to others, and the festival is known to be against their tickets being overcharged for like this.

And it’s strange to put unfair in quotes, as if it’s an absurd concept, when the festival just moved the ticket sale back two weeks in the name of fairness.

And this isn’t the difference between tech savvy people getting tickets over luddites. This was an exploit discovered through unknown means, then copy and pasted (and often sold) to possibly thousands of other people who were just as dumb about tech as the next person. 

I won’t be convinced that it’s fixed until a sale happens that proves it’s fixed (so not until April). And I think this is a big enough deal that people should contact Seetickets and the festival and request all tickets using that server (that should not have been in use) be cancelled. 

I think everyone complaining about this or asking for a ballot has tickets (including me) so trying to frame this as “people without tickets crying” is incorrect. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Ah, that's rotten! Will you be able to volunteer again?

I hope so! But we only did Glastonbury last year, so don't have priority booking for this year. Last year we failed in the first attempt but managed to get slots in late April or early May, when Oxfam released more volunteering spaces 😁

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stuie said:

and discord boys got the majority of the tickets this year 🙂 

Someone else mentioned the Discord as having this exploit and I just want to clarify - 

If you wanted to know about this ticket exploit the LAST place you would have wanted to be for the sale was that Discord. The mods banned mention of the terms HOSTS and DNS in order to stop users from spreading to each other so they themselves could use it and not their community members.

As I’ve seen no evidence of mods deleting this or any other information like this here, this is a much better place for people to pick up stray info like that than there, a place that literally censored users from being able to share it. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, assorted said:

Someone else mentioned the Discord as having this exploit and I just want to clarify - 

If you wanted to know about this ticket exploit the LAST place you would have wanted to be for the sale was that Discord. The mods banned mention of the terms HOSTS and DNS in order to stop users from spreading to each other so they themselves could use it and not their community members.

As I’ve seen no evidence of mods deleting this or any other information like this here, this is a much better place for people to pick up stray info like that than there, a place that literally censored users from being able to share it. 

I didn’t actually mean THAT Discord server… apparently there’s people offering ticket buying services or something! 

Long time lurker here; have been using this forum for some time and picked up some great tips along the way, so happy to give something back and share our mixed success from Sunday.

We had two groups trying, all on varying devices but mainly using the Auto Refresh extensions available for Chrome and Edge; no IP hacks were used. Only myself and one other out of 9 got to the reg details page at just after 0905, and I was the one who eventually secured payment.

What was strange for us was my payment appeared to "time out", as the countdown that appears when you submit your card details reached 0 seconds and prompted me to try again. Despite navigating back to the previous page, I basically got a "no response from server" message before, quite remarkably, I received an email with a confirmation message at 0910 saying I had been successful in securing deposits.

My point here is that perhaps some payments are in fact honoured by the system, despite the website saying the opposite? I did go through verification with my bank, so not sure if SeeTickets just accept payments once authorisation has been received from the bank? Admittedly I did try browsing back to the main sales screen to try for our second group, and the tab that I had successfully bought tickets from was the only one that returned the reg details page. However, after 2 failed submissions, I was booted back to the holding page and never saw it again; we'll be trying in the resale for our other 4 mates. This makes me slightly distrusting of the video that's doing the rounds showing this trick off, as it didn't actually show someone try to submit registrations once they had navigated back to the reg details page.

Finally, to all this talk of a ballot...I couldn't think of anything worse 😅 I would much rather miss out on tickets by giving it my all in a sales process everyone else has to go through vs. relying on a black box ballot exercise that could just as easily, if not moreso, claim to be rigged!

Commiserations to those who missed out and well done to those who are heading to the farm next year 👍

Edited by jran
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, stuie said:

I didn’t actually mean THAT Discord server… apparently there’s people offering ticket buying services or something! 

Oh wow! Thanks for the clarification.

I’ve been so busy being annoyed by the server exploit people were selling access to I didn’t mention how I did.

16 of us. All using different strategies, some multiple devices, some just one, our group is located anll over the world. Only one got to a reg screen Thursday but they crashed out. 

Sunday only I saw a reg screen of the 16, I never have in 4 prior sales. I was using 3 devices, two on VPN using auto-refresh (neither saw a thing) and my laptop (my fastest device) using no VPN that I was manual refreshing every 2 seconds. My laptop was the one that got through. After I bought for my group I held down the back button to go back a bunch of pages, went back to a holding page and got in again about a minute or two later. After buying for my second group I stupidly closed my browser and re-opened it, and never saw a reg screen again (not sure that’s connected but I now wish I tried using Back again - but I was frenzied). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, assorted said:

I won’t be convinced that it’s fixed until a sale happens that proves it’s fixed (so not until April). And I think this is a big enough deal that people should contact Seetickets and the festival and request all tickets using that server (that should not have been in use) be cancelled 

Think it would end up being a nightmare for the festival. The group could claim that they knew nothing about someone in the group knowing about this server thing that has been mentioned and therefore penalising them unfairly. Very tricky to prove I would have thought.

I happened to buy for a group of friends on a BT connection I should have cancelled about a month ago as I had changed suppliers ( must do it). The strange sounds I made when through should never be heard by anyone.

I work there so was trying for friends.

My uneventful, non hack ticket story.

I got through by typing in the URL and leaving it. I went back and it had the screen to click to go through to registration entering. 

I clicked it and went back in a queue and I left it to do its thing. 

Screen appeared, I was successful. 

I left it to very chilled out chance this year rather than hammering refresh and was very pleasantly surprised.

Tickets for two of us secured at 0845 

4 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Go back read the first couple pages of the thread. Something exists in some capacity on non sale times, whether it stops things during sales is another matter. It would appear not based on people here

Ok I’ve Read it. I can categorically say that this 1 refresh per second thing is utter boulder dash. No such rule exists.  100% not true. 

• Downvote 1