2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

8 minutes ago, UEF said:

For people that made use of the Hosts file trick: is there a way to determine which IP should be used in future years? Does it need insider info to know which one to use?

Does that trick still even work these days? I thought it had died some years ago. Looking at this year's setup they've put it presumably into some MS Azure based hosting as the IPs are different and owned by them.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't *think* so (emphasis on think).  Isn't their some logic in the postcode field to remove spaces?

I'm not sure. I know that one year I got through I copied and pasted in details and was getting the error. Then I typed them all manually rather than pasting and it worked. I assumed that it must have been a problem like this. I was pasting from a word doc rather than Excel.

It's just a numbers game. every time you refresh you get a chance to get through. 100s don't at that moment but someone somewhere is getting through. just luck. and the more people/ IP address trying the better. that's it. I'm not sure any of the other suggestions/ tricks make a difference.  

Congrats to those we got them. Sorry to anyone who didn't.

Edited by danbailey80
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, stuie said:

Exactly this! People on Twitter posting pics and videos of their failing attempts moaning about See Tickets instead of refreshing… idiots! 

But as shown with the person who moaned at Vodafone (was it?) last year, that kind of abuse can pay off…

For those who weren’t successful, what festivals are you thinking of going to instead? 2000 Trees, Barn on the Farm, End of the Road on my list of potentials… Either that or put more money towards a big summer holiday for my 40th.

26 minutes ago, buttonmonster said:

Wow, people far more zen then I am about not going. 
Im livid. 6 people scattered across the country and no one got past the waiting page. Fuming. 

I'm with you. Fuming. Felt like it's the worst it's ever been. We had 14 groups of friends and friends of friends and only 1 group got through at about 9:50am.

Glad I hadn't booked my flight from Aus yet.

7 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

But as shown with the person who moaned at Vodafone (was it?) last year, that kind of abuse can pay off…

For those who weren’t successful, what festivals are you thinking of going to instead? 2000 Trees, Barn on the Farm, End of the Road on my list of potentials… Either that or put more money towards a big summer holiday for my 40th.

EOTR for me, heard good things.

Greenman has been my preference in recent years (much lower dickhead quotient than Glasto and reminds me of my earlier glastos) but wasn't lucky enough for tickets this year 

30 minutes ago, buttonmonster said:

Wow, people far more zen then I am about not going. 
Im livid. 6 people scattered across the country and no one got past the waiting page. Fuming. 

Chances are pretty low with six people when you're up against buying blocks.

It seems the festival is never going to do anything to address this so can't see it changing anytime soon unfortunately, we had 12 trying and didn't get close today.

20 hours ago, Penrhos said:

Yes - delete all seetickets cookies and data just to be sure no nasties left over from Thursday's sale.

I just setup a macro for each reg no & postcode as I couldn't work out how to get it to tab between fields. still significantly quicker than trying to cut-n-paste from notepad or sheets.

Just to say this worked perfectly for me today 5 macros, #1,#2 etc... bloody brilliant find. Thanks

2 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Success this morning for our group of 6 (11 including kids) and then was able to go back on and get another ticket for a mate just before they sold out. Absolutely buzzing.

Another member of our group also got back on and got tickets for someone else as well after it said registrations had already been used for the original 6

no idea what happened but none of our group got a sniff of the booking page on both coach or this sale, which is unusual - and then someone’s friend had a back door link, which we were unsure about but 20 minutes in we thought f**k it (no idea what this means, he did it for us, none of us are technologically wise) and 10 minutes later we all had tickets, and he managed to get 6 different groups of people tickets - so i’m assuming this is why it felt more difficult than usual because i doubt he’s the only one who knew about it 

7 minutes ago, whateverworksout said:

no idea what happened but none of our group got a sniff of the booking page on both coach or this sale, which is unusual - and then someone’s friend had a back door link, which we were unsure about but 20 minutes in we thought f**k it (no idea what this means, he did it for us, none of us are technologically wise) and 10 minutes later we all had tickets, and he managed to get 6 different groups of people tickets - so i’m assuming this is why it felt more difficult than usual because i doubt he’s the only one who knew about it 

I need to get new friends

• Upvote 1

Persistence pays. One group I know, the group chat was silent and they got tickets a minute before the pages changed to sold out. 
No one was on WhatsApp, no one posting or checking X, no one on here.

F5 until you get in. It’s all about persistence 

Edited by Festival Sounds Podcast

2 minutes ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

Persistence pays. One group I know, the group chat was silent and they got tickets a minute before the pages changed to sold out. 

This. Although that didn't pay off for me today, refreshing two devices constantly in a nice rhythm for a bloody hour and nothing 🙁

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

Absolutely this 100% along with lots of helpers that have done it before and bowed out 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, whateverworksout said:

God I hope this isn't true 

I'm not bothered about losing out when it's just bad luck, or low odds. But this would be a complete joke if true.

23 minutes ago, whateverworksout said:

Mind sharing the link so can see what the difference was pls?