2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

1 minute ago, Jack The Stripper said:

Still boggles my mind how the same people go year in year out.

Experience helps. We had a newbie who had got through at the same time as someone else, but they said we're entering your details. 

Instead of entering others from the group, they just shut the page because they were sorted 😂

Just now, Dark Star said:

Saw the booking page, entered the reg no's, next page was Event Not Found so must have been right on the point of sell-out. 
Preference is train travel so go again on Sunday.

Similar story here. Reg's entered, then some form of server error - clicked back and it took me onto ol' bluey. Gutted. 

I had a bit of a different experience this year.  Was through almost immediately to the booking page on two devices.  After submitting registration details, it went to the 20 second refresh page.  I don't recall that previously. Figured once at the booking page, you were good to go (until you try to select coaches and there are none left...)

1 minute ago, barcelonista1899 said:

I got through to the reg page maybe  even just before 6pm, couldn't tell... Entered the details and took me back to the holding page. Not a sniff after.

Same happened to me using the #11 link.

Got the deets in but then just yeeted back to the holding page 

1 minute ago, FrankieX said:

Two of my four screens are still on the autorefresh holding page. I don't know if that means something has gone wrong somewhere, but I keep refreshing one of the browsers which isn't on the off chance a ticket is still out there...

Just now, donshakey said:

I'm still getting the auto refresh holding page??

Same.

Just now, donshakey said:

I'm still getting the auto refresh holding page??

Yeah unfortunately it'll probably happen for a while! Last year I think after it was announced it was sold out, some people did still manage sneak through up to 20 mins later. People will be hoping that's them. Need to peel myself away and get a McDonalds to cry into

Reading through all the tips leading up to today helped me alot for readiness. I tried to get in as a test to see how auto refresh worked, and how far I could push it.  I was autorefreshing on 2 browsers, same laptop, over the suggested 60 limit but no redirect to any page - it seemed to be happy enough trying. I did get through to reg details but unfortunately it crashed after.  I guess there's nothing of a disadvantage starting to refresh before 09:00 on Sunday??  

Edited by Soulphuric

6 minutes ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

I had a bit of a different experience this year.  Was through almost immediately to the booking page on two devices.  After submitting registration details, it went to the 20 second refresh page.  I don't recall that previously. Figured once at the booking page, you were good to go (until you try to select coaches and there are none left...)

We had this.. since when was there a second holding page? We were held on the add registrations URL.