2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

2 hours ago, Cw91 said:

My misses didn't put in the space and there's no space when she checks details....so I'm leaning towards keeping the space in mine there if we get to details page

It took see’s dev team several years to implement but they now strip spaces if you enter them on the booking page. It doesn’t matter if you enter them or not.

10 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I use text replacements with a mac.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh35735/mac

I find this reduces the chances of error in the copy and pasting of postcodes and reg numbers. My hands are shaking enough as it is...

There should be a video of how to do it early in this thread and definitely worth doing as it will work across devices if they have the same cloud network 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

It took see’s dev team several years to implement but they now strip spaces if you enter them on the booking page. It doesn’t matter if you enter them or not.

Brilliant stuff.  Doesn't matter either way so? Cheers for that top man 👌

I suspect they'll use the same "black-hole" holding page they used in the last sale/resale - to shed some of the load.

I had 3 PC's going using different entry points (VPN's etc) and the one on my bare Virginmedia connection never got past the holding page, even long after the others were showing "Event sold out". 

Not sure if it was a blocking cookie or a deliberately dead holding page on one of the transactional's to reduce the numbers getting through to the back-end.

Will do more digging if I see the same behavior Thursday.

Anyone able to confirm if they'll be doing card-auth after clicking "Proceed" or sending an email instructing you to pay later like they did in the 2023 resale? Asking as I got kicked out on 3D-Secure in both main sales last time.

3 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

I suspect they'll use the same "black-hole" holding page they used in the last sale/resale - to shed some of the load.

I had 3 PC's going using different entry points (VPN's etc) and the one on my bare Virginmedia connection never got past the holding page, even long after the others were showing "Event sold out". 

Not sure if it was a blocking cookie or a deliberately dead holding page on one of the transactional's to reduce the numbers getting through to the back-end.

Anyone able to confirm if they'll be doing card-auth after clicking "Proceed" or sending an email instructing you to pay later like they did in the 2023 resale? Asking as I got kicked out on 3D-Secure in both main sales last time.

Pay straight away 

2 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

It’s back to the pay after proceed. Make sure you have device ready to authorise payment if requested 

Bollocks - last time the 3D-Secure bit took so long it dropped my session on the main sale and then locked the numbers. 

At least this time I've got two reg nos in case it happens again.

Edited by Penrhos

7 minutes ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

That’s a dilemma. I refresh. I’m sure others wouldn’t 

I was being flippant there, but with some truth to it.

If you get a white screen, you're likely not even reaching the server and there's likely not a whole lot you can do.

All you can do is keep trying to connect - refresh, maybe restart your web browser. But it's largely going to be out of your hands.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

Pretty sure thats what normally happens. Tbh every year I do all my research on ticket buying but it doesn't make any difference on the day, its all a bit of a blur when its going on

Same.

Never know whether to come on here and check out if anyone has found a loophole or if that would be a waste of F5 hitting time.

I'm also sure something, something, delete cookies, something being a thing. Or something.

5 hours ago, stuie said:

Glad they've sorted it - ruined us in the 2019 October sale, gf had just done the lazy postcode and I put it in properly assuming that's how everyone did it. I'd got in right at the end 

Edited by efcfanwirral

32 minutes ago, billum said:

I *think* if you get a white screen, you've nothing to lose by closing the browser and starting again - paging Parson Jack.....

Yup....close/reopen the browser might fix it.....if not then clear all your browser cache and cookies, then close/reopen.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JGP said:

Is the white screen you're talking about the one which appears when the page has fully loaded? I remember having a white screen for a good 10 seconds or so, before the page eventually loaded, but it showed as 'loading' in the address bar.

If the browser still has the swirly wheel to show its loading then never refresh that page. Things that take a fraction of a second to load normally can take seconds during the sale. You don’t want to refresh a page load which was going to work before it has chance to.

And for your post code question, it’s the one you’ve registered with not where you physically are at the sale time. 

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

If the browser still has the swirly wheel to show its loading then never refresh that page. Things that take a fraction of a second to load normally can take seconds during the sale. You don’t want to refresh a page load which was going to work before it has chance to.

I was going to ask about the swirly wheel so thanks