2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

47 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Basic question:

There are 10 of us and two groups are going for tickets - if there is overlap, so that there are a couple of people being tried for by both groups; what happens if both groups successfully get into the bit where the names and numbers are being entered....does the second group get bounced out, or do they just let the ones who haven't got tix yet progress?)

(Sorry, I'm tired, and I've expressed that really badly. Hopefully someone understands.)

Assuming it's group 1 that has the details in first then group 2 will get bounced out saying that some of the regs are already in use.  You could remove those regs and try again but where time is of the essence it's simply not worth the risk.

Don't cross the streams.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

is that guaranteed or is there a similar scrum ? can't remember how that works ? 

It's not guaranteed. It's a little easier than the main sale, as you can imagine. No one really wants to go for just one day unless they live relatively close, do they? I understand that they're quite sharp on addresses/registrations, trying to make sure that those that actually live in the catchment areas get a ticket

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's not guaranteed. It's a little easier than the main sale, as you can imagine. No one really wants to go for just one day unless they live relatively close, do they? I understand that they're quite sharp on addresses/registrations, trying to make sure that those that actually live in the catchment areas get a ticket

someone I know lives outside the catchment and ive no clue how he gets Sunday tickets .... another friend had his details checked last year 

Go out the night before, get smashed, still be up from the night before. By some small miracle get tickets. Somehow has worked for me over the years...

Being super organised beforehand with groups, spreadsheets etc definitely helps. I also ask as many people as possible to try. Often others have got my ticket but likewise I always try and have been successful for others.

Never give up!

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The catchment area for Sunday tickets is weirdly different (and larger) to the main sale, hence me qualifying 

Yep...Frome was once within the  catchment for weekend local tickets but has been outside for some years now.  We're able to try for Sunday only though.

I freely admit to getting Sunday tickets in the past for friends who don't live locally by simply applying against our address, but it's not so simple now they also need to be registered and have photos.  I also don't want to threaten my own chances in the event of checks being made.

If someone else gets through to get my coach ticket (without their own) will the details/coach tickets be sent to me or them? They'd have my details from the reg number etc. Obviously ticket isn't an issue because that would be given to me on the coach. 

38 minutes ago, JGP said:

If someone else gets through to get my coach ticket (without their own) will the details/coach tickets be sent to me or them? They'd have my details from the reg number etc. Obviously ticket isn't an issue because that would be given to me on the coach. 

It’s a barcode that gets sent to the registered persons email with details of the time  … the tickets then are collected on the coach journey to the festival 

23 hours ago, jobo_ said:

From experienece a VPN is just another  unnecessary layer between you and getting through and doesn´t add anything or provide an advantage.
You´re better off just using your normal internet connection. 

Weirdly we´ve had more luck since living abroad (in Spain) than when we lived back home in the UK.  I wouldn´t be suprised if there is an international server or something .

Interesting about the VPN as I was going to try it this year for at least one device. Got some family members abroad who I'm trying to rope in to help but the time difference means I've got some persuading to do

3 hours ago, thewomble said:

Interesting about the VPN as I was going to try it this year for at least one device. Got some family members abroad who I'm trying to rope in to help but the time difference means I've got some persuading to do

VPNS don´t often work because they use a single IP address and you´ll have hundreds if not thousands connected to the same one.  We know that See Tickets have a throttle for 60 refreshes a minuite per IP address so if you´ve got potentially hundreds all hammering F5 every second that limit is going to be used up imedietly. 
So imagine you set you VPN to Spain or whatever and try that, you´ll already have probably quite a few people set to the same server in Spain hammering the See server .. Folks who thought exactly like you did .

You´re better off just getting as Many devices with different IP addresses as you can.  So your home WiFI and different mobiles with different sim cards.   Then get everyone in your group of 6 or whatever to do the same. 
I usually have the wife doing the laptop and then our two mobiles connected to my work laptop and and her work laptop via hotspot .   Then I have them sat out in front of me with the table and I press F5 between them with a second between each hit.   1 laptop, 2 laptop , 1 laptop , 2 laptop.    While the mrs is doing the same on her macbook.

Another tip.  I´ve found for some reason Safari is a really good browser.   No, evidence of that, but i´ve always had good luck with it

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 4:55 AM, parsonjack said:

5 weeks to the GA sale...let's get this ball rolling....

😬

good job you posted that i thought it was this sunday, (just emailed some mates to ask if they want a hand on sunday).

On 10/1/2023 at 8:55 AM, nikkic said:

Be organised.

Don’t get steaming the night before.

Remove all distractions. 

Focus.

F5 like your life depends on it. 

Never give up. 

:).. This should be true, but we had a great friends 50th birthday the night before last year's main sale.

I was up @ 8am on the Sunday, nerves in tatters, double and triple checking on the devices. Long story short, I got tickets and with my enhanced emotions, it was the greatest hangover I've ever had! 

On 10/1/2023 at 8:55 AM, nikkic said:

Be organised.

Don’t get steaming the night before.

Remove all distractions. 

Focus.

F5 like your life depends on it. 

Never give up. 

I was praying it was going to be an October sale as it’s our annual skittles team day out to Gloucester on the 4th!  Alcohol will unavoidably be drunk.

it’s going to be a headache in every sense! 😂

1 hour ago, JGP said:

Am I better using a VPN (set as the UK) when buying from New Zealand or just doing it without?

No idea to be honest as far as I know it’s simply the luck of the draw whether you hit the website at the right moment I don’t t think there is a filter determining location.  

Although couldn’t hurt setting a vpn on one device to Liverpool. 😉

Edited by Derby_Dave
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, jobo_ said:

VPNS don´t often work because they use a single IP address and you´ll have hundreds if not thousands connected to the same one.  We know that See Tickets have a throttle for 60 refreshes a minuite per IP address so if you´ve got potentially hundreds all hammering F5 every second that limit is going to be used up imedietly. 
So imagine you set you VPN to Spain or whatever and try that, you´ll already have probably quite a few people set to the same server in Spain hammering the See server .. Folks who thought exactly like you did .

You´re better off just getting as Many devices with different IP addresses as you can.  So your home WiFI and different mobiles with different sim cards.   Then get everyone in your group of 6 or whatever to do the same. 
I usually have the wife doing the laptop and then our two mobiles connected to my work laptop and and her work laptop via hotspot .   Then I have them sat out in front of me with the table and I press F5 between them with a second between each hit.   1 laptop, 2 laptop , 1 laptop , 2 laptop.    While the mrs is doing the same on her macbook.

Another tip.  I´ve found for some reason Safari is a really good browser.   No, evidence of that, but i´ve always had good luck with it

Out of curiosity... is this so you don't have to navigate the booking process on your mobiles if you get through to payment page? If not, why not just have both phones sat there on 4/5G? 

I have work laptop on WiFi, two mobiles both on 4G. I use that Chrome fill settings too, so it auto-fills boxes with the postcodes and Reg's.