Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

42 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Any of Erasure, The Human League or Tears For Fears would be great

80s synth pop/new wave type bands are a genre that is strangely absent from Glastonbury at large. There are tons of these bands who do the likes of IOW every year but never hit the farm. I do wonder if they all just want better slots/money than Glastonbury would give them, as they’d no doubt get kind of low novelty slots rather than the high billings they’d get elsewhere. 

Tears for Fears would be fantastic there, but also probably wouldn't get booked to sub the Pyramid, which is a shame. Somewhere Saturday afternoon or third down Sunday feels like my guess.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Secret World
Pale Shelter
4 No Small Thing
Sowing the Seeds of Love
Change
The Tipping Point
Mad World
Break it Down Again
10 Woman in Chains
11 Head Over Heels / Broken
12 Shout

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Tears for Fears would be fantastic there, but also probably wouldn't get booked to sub the Pyramid, which is a shame. Somewhere Saturday afternoon or third down Sunday feels like my guess.

Secret World
Pale Shelter
4 No Small Thing
Sowing the Seeds of Love
Change
The Tipping Point
Mad World
Break it Down Again
10 Woman in Chains
12 Shout

One of my dream bookings but one that I think won’t happen

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I remember them opening for The Killers at BST Hyde Park several years ago and being much more impressed by them than I was for Elbow in-between TFF & TK.

Saw OMD supporting a-ha in Doncaster a few years ago, and blew 'em off the park.

a-ha are a weird one. Seen 'em three times, and the two times they've played a straight bat, they've wobbled between average and mediocre.

But then I saw their unplugged show at The O2 about six years ago, and that's possibly in my twenty best gigs ever. It was genuinely astounding how much light and shade they found in that format.

On 2/3/2024 at 10:00 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Secret World
Pale Shelter
4 No Small Thing
Sowing the Seeds of Love
Change
The Tipping Point
Mad World
Break it Down Again
10 Woman in Chains
12 Shout

This is my dreammmmm. Although I'd also want that version of Laid So Low from the Greatest Hits which seems to have absolutely disappeared from existence. 

2 minutes ago, *biggreg* said:

Probably of no surprise to most of us.... this puts them near / in the area for the weekend before?

elbow_Dublin_900x400.jpg

So many of the Trinity College Dublin gigs last summer were bands also at Glasto so think this makes them very, very likely to be there. Do they still merit a Pyramid sub slot or could you arguably move them to third down (as good as One Day Like This is at sunset)?

8 minutes ago, mouserat said:

So many of the Trinity College Dublin gigs last summer were bands also at Glasto so think this makes them very, very likely to be there. Do they still merit a Pyramid sub slot or could you arguably move them to third down (as good as One Day Like This is at sunset)?

Just had a look to see which other artists have gigs at Trinity between the beginning of May and end of July and came up with this list:

• Jane's Addiction (free Sat & Sun)
  • Suede (free Sun)
  • Tom Odell (free Sat)
  • Paul Weller (free Fri, Sat & Sun)
  • Villagers (free Fri & Sun)
  • Manic Street Preachers (free Sun)
Edited by Kaboom Boxer
updated with availability

25 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Just had a look to see which other artists have gigs at Trinity between the beginning of May and end of July and came up with this list:

• Jane's Addiction (free Sat & Sun)
  • Suede (free Sun)
  • Tom Odell (free Sat)
  • Paul Weller (free Fri, Sat & Sun)
  • Villagers (free Fri & Sun)
  • Manic Street Preachers (free Sun)

I'll have Suede into Manics on the Other Stage mid-afternoon. Give 'em an hour each.

36 minutes ago, mouserat said:

They dropped to third down last time (2022) so yeah.

They suited the Park Slot too, I reckon.

40 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Really don’t see them being booked again so soon after playing the Pyramid in 2022. Think they’ll skip this album run and potentially be back on the next one.