Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

11 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Eesh. Has Pinkpop always had such terrible lineups?!

image.png

That said, both Avril and Limp Bizkit please. Rest can get in the bin.

James Arthur. Placed above Jane's Addiction. Good heavens above. 

And don't make me break out the Bernie Sanders meme for Durst and the Lads again.

Just now, FloopFiller said:

Nah they weren’t on the 2020 lineup. Not expecting them there myself but no real reason they can be ruled out if they’re free the weekend.

Cheers, must've been a prediction poster I had seen them on. Having checked they play a festival in Oslo the weekend of Glasto, so I suppose it doesn't completely rule them out.

31 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

image.png

This looks really weak.  Pinkpop lineups are sometimes a bit of a mixed bag...Headliners are usually big with a weaker undercard, headliners range from P!nk to Ramstein and anything in between.

3 hours ago, Sitruc97 said:

Any chance of Greta Van Fleet? Pretty sure there was on the line-up of the Covid cancellation year?

Headlining Tons of Rock in Oslo on the Saturday so I think that rules them out as they hardly ever play back to back due to the strain on Josh's voice.

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

James Arthur. Placed above Jane's Addiction. Good heavens above. 

And don't make me break out the Bernie Sanders meme for Durst and the Lads again.

I'm all for James Arthur being booked but in a hilariously low slot just to see how his mental online fanbase react.

4 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

image.png

Limp Bizkit before that Ed Sheeran/Sam Smith double-header is quite the bouncing around in musical genre. Similar in a way with Nothing but Thieves opening for Calvin Harris.

17 minutes ago, charlierc said:

This their only announcement so far?

Also playing Rock Werchter in Belgium on 4 July. It’s also the 20th anniversary of Final Straw (which makes me feel old!) so possibly they could do something with that. Mid afternoon / early evening on Pyramid would be perfect (think in 2019 they were due to play Other)

4 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Also playing Rock Werchter in Belgium on 4 July. It’s also the 20th anniversary of Final Straw (which makes me feel old!) so possibly they could do something with that. Mid afternoon / early evening on Pyramid would be perfect (think in 2019 they were due to play Other)

There's a lot of noteworthy albums turning 20 in 2004 tbf - Hot Fuss, American Idiot, Franz Ferdinand's self-titled debut, Kasabian's self-titled debut, Aha Shake Heartbreak, the U2 album with Vertigo, Scissor Sister's self-titled debut, and that's just for starters. Final Straw being 20 can be chalked up to the "We're not young anymore" list as well.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Smile have just announced shows around The G with more festival dates to come in the new year. Reckon they're a lock.

Feel like they’re bound to headline a stage which would suck as it would mean I’d almost definitely end up missing them, which would be a real shame as they were excellent at Primavera last year.

Where we having them? Park or Woodsies headliner?