2024 headline speculation

airwaves

1 hour ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Devastated magnetic fields are playing Albert hall the same weekend. 

Edit - nevermind it's a wednesday Thursday so might just miss the Thurs 

This has given me a really hard decision to make, I was excited to see bonnie prince billy but 69 love songs in full will be pretty special.

Made even harder by the rumour that richard dawson is also playing on the thursday - although that is just a rumour.

15 hours ago, zahidf said:

Idles were great tonight in Kingston.  They'll smash their headline set

Always a great live act. Listening to the new album now. They seem to have got over (at least some of) the preachy one-note shoutiness as well, bit more variety. I'm in. Just hoping they don't clash with YLT.

On 2/8/2024 at 6:17 PM, Stillill42 said:

You guys really do crack me up. The whole Idles as Guardian reading pretend punks thing? I stress that every SINGLE person I met last year at EOTR was dead on but Jesus, if there's a more middle class festival in the world, point me in it's direction! The variety is the beauty of it isn't it? Idles may be w*nkers, I have no idea but the idea that they're too pretentious for the festival gave me a chuckle.

This post is fantastic. I'm guessing that the chap who came onto this forum after last years festival, complaining that too many people wore cargo shorts may not be in the Idles mosh! 

• Upvote 1

When is the second announcement generally?

Any guesses/wishes? Don't think we can expect many if any more biggish names really...A couple from these would do me...

Amen Dunes (would be absolutely made up with this, decent chance I reckon)

Hamish Hawk

King Creosote

Ducks ltd

Flyying Colours

Reds, Pinks and Purples

Man of Moon

Pale Blue Eyes

HMHB 

3 minutes ago, domjon said:

Can't see it now, we have our 4 headliner's, she ain't subbing is she.  Gonna get tickets for her piece hall gig personally 

I know that you're probably right.  I was just thinking (hoping) that maybe Bonnie Prince Billy would sub her.  wishful thinking I presume.  I am going to the Gunnersby Park gig tho

46 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

I know that you're probably right.  I was just thinking (hoping) that maybe Bonnie Prince Billy would sub her.  wishful thinking I presume.  I am going to the Gunnersby Park gig tho

BPB headlining the Thursday ain't he. 

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Don't see any of these really coming across tbh. Well, maybe Bo Ningen again.

Was thinking some of the undercard names, wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Quade, Benefits, HAAL, Colossal Squid, AK/DK made an appearance.

Pretty good lineup in general I think.

Edited by iamdiceman
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, accordionandvoice said:

Very surprised Magnetic Fields haven't been booked considering they're at the Barbican that weekend... 

Looking at Barbican bookings (Cornelius, Gruff Rhys and Dawn Landes also playing around the festival), don't count out Beth Gibbons... 

Magnetic Fields only played two years ago, and it looks like all their dates this year are 69 Love Songs over two nights.

Feel Beth Gibbons would have been announced by now.