2024 headline speculation

airwaves

1 minute ago, RustySpanner said:

I predict tomorrow will be a case of “What a terrible line up” v “What a beautiful line up”…

I just don’t think EOTR are capable of a terrible lineup.

At worst, the headlines won’t be to someone’s personal taste.

Obviously, feel free to remind me of this if i moan tomorrow.

To be honest, the best thing they could do would be to announce the food lineup first, and then pretty much everyone would be happy.

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I thought she was announcing today but the video someone found goes live at 3pm tomorrow. Moseley is announcing at 4pm, I imagine EOTR will give a time later today. But there's always coincidence, a lot of people thought last year that Green Man's first names were held off until 1st March so Boygenius could be announced for both it and Connect at the same time but only the latter happened. Then there's those Fat White Family dates that made so many people convinced they'd be the secret set...

EOTR normally announce early.

It’s all just guesswork at this stage.

44 minutes ago, Kempleton said:

I just don’t think EOTR are capable of a terrible lineup.

At worst, the headlines won’t be to someone’s personal taste.

Obviously, feel free to remind me of this if i moan tomorrow.

To be honest, the best thing they could do would be to announce the food lineup first, and then pretty much everyone would be happy.

Terrible never, disappointing increasingly frequently over the last few years

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RustySpanner said:

I predict tomorrow will be a case of “What a terrible line up” v “What a beautiful line up”…

Well, that's every year.

Has it been mentioned Confidence Man (and Mannequin Pussy) are playing R&L and seemingly nothing else around it? (EDIT: yes, by me, apparently)

Edited by SweepingTheNation

Very wishful thinking but I’d love to see Sparks headline EOTR (they seem like the perfect headliner for a festival of this size, but they don’t seem to be touring this year). 

Would love to see Nation of Language and Baxter Dury on the lineup (as some have hinted) as well as Walt Disco who are making waves in the glam rock scene right now.

Maribou State are playing a few festivals in late August (including Lost Village the week before). Would make a great electronic headliner. Also don’t think Four Tet is completely out of the picture. 

I think IDLES make sense if they have one/two out there elevation headliners and want someone a bit normcore to keep the dads happy.

Personally not my cup of tea (nothing against them musically, just think for an alleged "punk" band they don't speak out on much if it isn't in their commercial interests) but business wise I'd understand them as an "anchoring" leg even if it is a bit predicatable

43 minutes ago, robith said:

I think IDLES make sense if they have one/two out there elevation headliners and want someone a bit normcore to keep the dads happy.

Personally not my cup of tea (nothing against them musically, just think for an alleged "punk" band they don't speak out on much if it isn't in their commercial interests) but business wise I'd understand them as an "anchoring" leg even if it is a bit predicatable

They could be similar to the Mac deMarco booking perhaps. Not for me but seem to ensure a predictable audience.