2024 headline speculation

airwaves

1 hour ago, emmanuel said:

Gunnersbury Park is a big venue, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is a 2024 England exclusive to ensure that it sells well.

The other thing that's been pointed out is Gunnersbury Park gigs are Festival Republic, whose geographically binding contracts are both we assume the reason Wet Leg had to hide behind question marks and who EOTR lost a potential headliner this year to (potentially one and the same, I suppose)

11 hours ago, emmanuel said:

Note that PJ Harvey is London exclusive, not England exclusive, so still a chance.

One more time for the people at the back who were also insistent that Boygenius were going to be ??? - Gunnersbury Park is bigger capacity than End Of The Road. Why would someone bet on themselves to fill a 25,000 park and then two weeks later headline a regular 15,000 cap festival?

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

One more time for the people at the back who were also insistent that Boygenius were going to be ??? - Gunnersbury Park is bigger capacity than End Of The Road. Why would someone bet on themselves to fill a 25,000 park and then two weeks later headline a regular 15,000 cap festival?

I know (capacity of the London park is even larger than 25,000 I think), but if she played in Bristol on a regional English tour, there is no way she would play in a venue larger than a few thousands. See the venues she played on the 2016 regional tour. So the capacity is not directly the issue, but I can certainly understand what you mean at least in terms of budget and logistics.

• 4 weeks later...

Normally get the first announcement around the end of January/beginning of February. It normally covers around 80% of the line-up, with drip feeds of additions/replacements every couple of months after that. This will include speakers for the literary stage, comedians and the cinema tent.

Around July you'll get the stage splits and then in August you get the all important message about the food and drink stalls.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Around July you'll get the stage splits and then in August you get the all important message about the food and drink stalls.

Does the beer line up change each year? Will look forward to it even more if there are options other than the big international breweries

Can't find a list online of last years

40 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Does the beer line up change each year? Will look forward to it even more if there are options other than the big international breweries

Can't find a list online of last years

There are two elements. There will be loads of real ales, all of which I think are localish (i.e. Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset, etc.), and there will also be a brewery take-over that supplies the more "crafty" options. In the past we've had Beavertown (before the Heineken takeover), and Two Tribes. Last year it was Lost & Grounded, who also brought loads of guests with them.

Certainly no big international breweries. There are also cocktail bars and a G&T bar.

And, of course, you can take your own booze with you anywhere on site, so long as it's not in glass

• Upvote 1