Green Man 2024

bexj

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Unearth your GM24 line up 💫 🔥 

* THE SMILE __ PIXIES __ BIG THIEF __ JESUS & MARY CHAIN * 

BETH GIBBONS | EZRA COLLECTIVE | THE DECEMBERISTS | ALVVAYS | YARD ACT | OSEES | NADINE SHAH | TINDERSTICKS | OUMOU SANGARE | GRANDADDY | GWENNO

Max Copper (AV), The Last Dinner Party, Bombino, Cymande, Yussef Dayes, Blonde Redhead, Julia Holter, Protomartyr, Forest Swords, Susanne Sundfor, Pigs x 7, Metz, BC Camplight, The Mary Wallopers, Crack Cloud, Bill Ryder-Jones, Woods, Bar Italia, Superchunk, Boy Azooga, caroline, Corridor, The Clientele, Yeule, Lonnie Holley, Alasdair Roberts, Jessica Pratt, Adwaith, Wednesday, African Head Charge, Yaya Bey, Los Wembler’s de Iquitos, MSPAINT, Hotline TNT, Sherelle, Nabihah Iqbal, Bolis Pupul, Blawan, Dos Monos, Watch the Ride, Makoomba, Tiny Ruins, Orions Belte, Brigid Mae Power, Sheer Mag, Bala Desejo, Lucinda Chua, Dana Gavanski, Blondshell, Blue Bendy, Fabiana Palladino, Sarah Mary Chadwick, Jim Ghedi, Helena Deland, Brigdhe Chaimbeul, CVC, Papur Wal, Brown Horse, Faux Real, Kathryn Joseph, Alogte Oho & His Sounds of Joy, Los Blancos, Cowbois Rhos Botwnog, Mary Elizabeth Remington, Eoghan O Ceannabhain, Adult Jazz, Automotion, Cerys Hafana, Peaness, Chalk, TEKE:TEKE, Half Happy, Maruja, Lambrini Girls, Trout, O., Ynys, Man/Woman/Chainsaw, Christian Music, Humour, YHWH Nailgun, The Orchestra (For Now), The New Eaves, HAAL, Borough Council, The Midnight Itch, No Windows, Heka, Aqualine, Ugly, Astrid Sonne, Whitelands, C Turtle, The Itch, Dog, ONELUNG, Mi Mye, Gillie. 

https://clashfinder.com/s/gmf2024/

Nearly got me with this! However add Bdrmm to this and I would be over the moon.

1 hour ago, SalviaPlath said:

In fairness I think it was obvious that Self-Esteem was a replacement for another act that let them down. 

The smart money was on the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, whose European dates were very compressed and there was a separate rumour they'd agreed to and then pulled out of something like Lowlands, which is the same weekend as GM. The Smile toured the US in June which is partly where that speculation came from but it's likely they were working on their album around GM time.

Haha yeh just wanted to spark some debate in the final few weeks until the line up!  I tried to mostly fill it with realistic acts that are around over the right sort of time, although I agree it’s probably way too strong. 

I think Pixies are pretty unlikely but can’t really think of another good option.  Wouldn’t be too surprised if they had one electronic type headliner like Hot Chip/Caribou/Four Tet but other than Justice I’m not sure who is likely from those that are touring in August.  I think Field Day rules Justice out in any event.  Guess it could just be someone that isn’t necessarily doing other EU festival dates…wouldn’t be too surprised with Underworld for example.  Little Dragon could also fulfil their 2020 booking as well, although they were Thursday I think. 

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Haha yeh just wanted to spark some debate in the final few weeks until the line up!  I tried to mostly fill it with realistic acts that are around over the right sort of time, although I agree it’s probably way too strong. 

I think Pixies are pretty unlikely but can’t really think of another good option.  Wouldn’t be too surprised if they had one electronic type headliner like Hot Chip/Caribou/Four Tet but other than Justice I’m not sure who is likely from those that are touring in August.  I think Field Day rules Justice out in any event.  Guess it could just be someone that isn’t necessarily doing other EU festival dates…wouldn’t be too surprised with Underworld for example.  Little Dragon could also fulfil their 2020 booking as well, although they were Thursday I think. 

Either The Smile or Pixies would be perfect, I am curious to see if they'll stick with the slight 'legends' headline slot after Kraftwork and Devo in the last two line ups, seems like a theme developing there

After the success of Caribou and Bicep being stupid busy at the far out, an electronic headliner would be brilliant also.

19 hours ago, cNp said:

Hurray for the Riff Raff have played before and have a new album out... touring UK in mid May then on to mainland Europe... could be sticking around for festival season... would love to see them back.

Think they opened the Mountain Stage in 2017; first year for me.

36 minutes ago, sscrybaby said:

Manic Street Preachers playing in Staffordshire GM weekend 

Not that I think they're a band GM would approach anyway but, as with New Order and The National (and also Idles, not that that's an option with them headlining EOTR), I don't think there's any chance of a band playing two outdoor gigs in south Wales in one summer.

21 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Not that I think they're a band GM would approach anyway but, as with New Order and The National (and also Idles, not that that's an option with them headlining EOTR), I don't think there's any chance of a band playing two outdoor gigs in south Wales in one summer.

That makes sense! 

8 hours ago, sscrybaby said:

News of Bat for Lashes album and tour - not sure if she's big enough to headline.. 

Definitely a possibility, Natasha Khan played a mid evening slot as Sex Witch in 2015 in the Far Out. I could see them as a Far Out Headliner and Mountain 21:00 slot.