Changes from 2023>2024

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

2 hours ago, Drinky said:

I think OP doesn’t mean day tickets but instead a ticket that’s only valid from 8am Friday, to discourage early arrival. Another way of getting to this would be to introduce a new pre-erected camp (maybe section off what was staff camping in Pylon and use that) and sell inclusive Thursday coach/camp tickets, where the coaches arrive from 5pm onwards. Takes away camp anxiety for late comers, adds some revenue, etc.

Ahh i see

52 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Perhaps there's little appetite on the Pyramid during the day, but Nova Twins, the Hu, Skindred, GnR were all well-attended across other stages when I saw them. They're all too big not to be on the main stages though, but with Earache's Truth Stage takeover, for example, there could be a dedicated hard rock/metal stage the entire weekend and not affect anything too much. It wouldn't even have to be all day, just say in the 9pm-3pm window each night.

I didn't end up staying for Ho99o9 or Alt Blk Era to see if there were big crowds, but I think there's enough people interested in general.

a lot of other genres would come first re adding a new non-dance focused late night area i think

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Perhaps there's little appetite on the Pyramid during the day, but Nova Twins, the Hu, Skindred, GnR were all well-attended across other stages when I saw them. They're all too big not to be on the main stages though, but with Earache's Truth Stage takeover, for example, there could be a dedicated hard rock/metal stage the entire weekend and not affect anything too much. It wouldn't even have to be all day, just say in the 9pm-3pm window each night.

I didn't end up staying for Ho99o9 or Alt Blk Era to see if there were big crowds, but I think there's enough people interested in general.

Yeah and Im all for more metal.

Problem I guess is like you say, a lot of them are too big not to be on a main stage, except at Glasto though. 

Can imagine, for example, if Meshuggah appeared on the poster a lot of people would be saying "who?". And they're far too big to be playing a novelty slot to a hundred or so people.

Went to Leeds festival for the first time at the weekend. Their sound and screen set up knocked The Other stage (comparative size) out the park. Both east and west stage were located at the base of the hill which made viewing infinitely better as well. I understand there’s not much Glastonbury can do about the topography of the land but aiding everyone’s viewing/listening experience could certainly be improved at the Pyramid, Other, Park and West Holts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I thought the crowds were quite well spread this year. Obviously, I wasn't all over site to witness this. The only thing that struck me as odd the whole time I was onsite was the decision to have Truth Stage and Now/Here stage ending within ten minutes of each other. The crowd surge from NW trying to get past TS was insane, and then shortly after that half the TS crowd tried to leave at the same time.

I'm all in for a silent disco though if they can find a place. Still don't know why they can't set it up in the Acoustic Tent - it's not likely to cause any extra noise on the Wed/Thurs night, is it?

Pretty sure the Acoustic Tent would be too small given the popularity of silent discos? Woodsies might be better.

I’d like a new bands/BBC Introducing-type bill on the Thursday (like Left Field used to be before Williams Green brought the bigger bands).

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Pretty sure the Acoustic Tent would be too small given the popularity of silent discos? Woodsies might be better.

is there much difference in size between the acoustic tent and the now woodies tent?

from memory they both big-ish and similar size - although it's been a while since I've been in either

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Went to Leeds festival for the first time at the weekend. Their sound and screen set up knocked The Other stage (comparative size) out the park. Both east and west stage were located at the base of the hill which made viewing infinitely better as well. I understand there’s not much Glastonbury can do about the topography of the land but aiding everyone’s viewing/listening experience could certainly be improved at the Pyramid, Other, Park and West Holts.

I thought they were using the same setup as the other stage to be honest

Glasto can upgrade the main stages, hell - park doesn't even have screens... they just don't want to currently

3 hours ago, bob323 said:

is there much difference in size between the acoustic tent and the now woodies tent?

from memory they both big-ish and similar size - although it's been a while since I've been in either

Woodsies is substantially bigger. The tent used is rated for 11,808 people although the actual capacity "in use" will be lower than that due to staging, sound desk, accessible platform etc. Whereas the tent used for the Acoustic stage is rated for 7,880 people (with all the same caveats applying).

6 hours ago, incident said:

Woodsies is substantially bigger. The tent used is rated for 11,808 people although the actual capacity "in use" will be lower than that due to staging, sound desk, accessible platform etc. Whereas the tent used for the Acoustic stage is rated for 7,880 people (with all the same caveats applying).

thanks - is there a size guide to all the big tents?

It would be interesting to know their comparative sizes

Edited by bob323

On 8/27/2023 at 4:54 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Never travelled by coach but I can understand that when you hear folk travelling long distances to get a coach. Perhaps a coach swap system setup after the sale allowing folk to exchange departure points? 

Could definitely be an option, although could create a lot of extra admin for SeeTickets or Glastonbury? If people had to choose three options they'd surely choose closer departure points though. Perhaps it's wishful thinking though, people have a knack of finding ways of gaming any system.

On 8/27/2023 at 3:45 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

- How successful was CarHenge? Perhaps a bigger stage there or perhaps an actual line-up designed specifically for that area.

- More hard rock/metal on offer than just what's on the Truth Stage on a Thursday night.

Obviously I'd vote to just bring back Williams green, but if that's dead and gone, surely carhenge is just screaming out to be a stage for heavier bands.

As someone who will be going with children for the foreseeable it's really annoying when people like Bob Vylan are scheduled for 3am or equally ridiculous lineup choices

2 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Different perspectives etc. The Leeds screens ‘wrap around’ at the sides too which is a cool feature.
IMG_8160.thumb.jpeg.2b4f3de0536f3b698febb1ecfeb55bd1.jpegIMG_7487.thumb.jpeg.8ea75fcac9a4ac44850a78c7750b1ed4.jpeg

The screen comparison is kind of a bit, dare I say it, embarrassing? The Reading/Leeds ones look 3x bigger.

Also... pretty sure the back of my head is in this photo somewhere, ha!

Move Carhenge to Unfairground with the addition of an appropriate stage, preferably Wango Rilleys (if it still exists). Put loads of old school "festi" bands on the line up.

Still confused by all there's no variety in the post midnight music complaints. There's loads, people just ain't looking.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Obviously I'd vote to just bring back Williams green, but if that's dead and gone, surely carhenge is just screaming out to be a stage for heavier bands.

As someone who will be going with children for the foreseeable it's really annoying when people like Bob Vylan are scheduled for 3am or equally ridiculous lineup choices

Does seem like there could be a nice fit there if they're looking to fill CH/WG with a proper line-up next year. Just need to make sure they don't put oversized bands on there for the Wed/Thurs when there's no competition across the rest of the site. 

13 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I also went to Leeds Fest this past weekend albeit just for the Saturday. Not been since 2011. I only went because I bought my lad a ticket for doing well in his exams and bought it on Friday so a very late decision. I thought the sound/production of the main stages was absolutely incredible, leaps and bound ahead of what it was like 'back in the day'. I actually thought the entire event seemed really well organised including what I saw of the campsites.

Edited by sfroml

22 minutes ago, sfroml said:

I also went to Leeds Fest this past weekend albeit just for the Saturday. Not been since 2011. I only went because I bought my lad a ticket for doing well in his exams and bought it on Friday so a very late decision. I thought the sound/production of the main stages was absolutely incredible, leaps and bound ahead of what it was like 'back in the day'. I actually thought the entire event seemed really well organised including what I saw of the campsites.

We were just Saturday too. Wasn’t too sure on the campsites mind… they looked a bit…wild.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Agreed - was at Reading this weekend and the big screen / wrap around is a game changer. Visuals are so much more imersive especially after dark. Get that set up at Pyramid and Other. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Agreed - was at Reading this weekend and the big screen / wrap around is a game changer. Visuals are so much more imersive especially after dark. Get that set up at Pyramid and Other. 

Not sure about the Pyramid, the view of the stage and the Tor behind it is iconic, the screens are enough now

3 hours ago, bob323 said:

thanks - is there a size guide to all the big tents?

It would be interesting to know their comparative sizes

Just the suppliers web site in this case (both of them being the 4 pole configurations) -

Woodsies: https://www.mobilestructures.co.uk/ce-space

JP: https://www.mobilestructures.co.uk/marquee-mt66