Changes from 2023>2024

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

5 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Doesnt it work more for the crew bars as we have more facility to wash our reusuable cups in the first place and they arent for the most part doing that thing where they pour 30 pints at a time and leave them standing - though they would be a damn site quicker if they did.

I've not washed my reusable bar cups before! They give out fresh ones when you take them back. 

5 hours ago, Skip997 said:

So we get regular complaints on here that there's nothing but "dance music" on after midnight (not true) and then we get complaints that "non-dance music" acts are on too late (i.e. after midnight).

There's dance music all day long.

Heavy music seems to be incredibly limited and on at inaccessible times for most 

Absolute strawman argument 

3 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

There's dance music all day long.

Heavy music seems to be incredibly limited and on at inaccessible times for most 

Absolute strawman argument 

Just checked and ESB were on at 1.30-2.15am. Nothing wrong with that and good for some loud music after hours but it would also be nice to have some equally heavy sh*t in the daytime.

8 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

Doesnt it work more for the crew bars as we have more facility to wash our reusuable cups in the first place and they arent for the most part doing that thing where they pour 30 pints at a time and leave them standing - though they would be a damn site quicker if they did.

Having also been to Shambala I think the volume of drinks needed could also be a factor of why it's not been done. The shambala ones weren't branded. 

There's not really a good environmental reason not to do it, the other arguments I've seen put forward seem largely not picking and not an issue for other fests, so I'm not sure why it'd be an issue for Glastonbury. 

I'd like to see them ban all single use beer and coffee cups. I honestly think it'll be something we'd look back on like the ban on water bottles as "why did we ever do that". 

Shambala really brought home just how FILTHY Glastonbury is. 

On 8/27/2023 at 6:26 PM, westholtschic said:

They need to bring back the Thursday Silent Disco to spread the crowds around more.

Car henge silent disco!

On 8/28/2023 at 10:01 AM, ProperTea said:
  • Have a late night rejig - split Block 9, move The Common and expand Shangri-La: move the NYC Downlow and Genosys Sound System to where San Remo is currently, move The Common over to the field currently occupied by NYC Downlow and Genosys. Expand Shangri-La in to the field previously occupied by The Common. No new Shangri-La venues, just more spread out. 

There's a whole other field in the SE corner that's used for camping which can be used for late night entertainment. Don't agree about Downlow moving out of SE corner though. 

On 8/28/2023 at 12:41 PM, William Mann said:

Woodsies definitely needs more additions, it’s rather sparse but has potential! 

There's definitely more they can do with the walk up from San Remo to woodsies and out through the woods to pyramid. Feels like San Remo is disconnected and a bit random and the woods was better this year but there's more they can do!

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2023 at 12:30 PM, The Red Telephone said:

Just got back from Shambala and the set-up they have in the woods is brilliant. Loads of great art installations and a nice big bar. Love to see Woodsies improved to a similar standard.

They also have a ban on single-use paper cups in bars/ coffee stalls - really cuts down on waste and litter. Everyone just brings their own mugs.

Dare I suggest making the entire site vegetarian....

First time at Shambala and I was surprised by how much I didn't even notice there was no meat option. It was very very well done with food options.

6 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

First time at Shambala and I was surprised by how much I didn't even notice there was no meat option. It was very very well done with food options.

I mean, yeah, that works for me. I turned vegan in 2020 and always think the festival could do that side of things better.

Also very aware that the site is a industrial-size dairy farm 90% of the year.

8 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I noticed it, not during the day but in the morning, I needed a bacon sandwich a couple of days after drinking. 

9 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

If we are doing that, let's get rid of all the dance music. Wouldn't miss that either.

On 8/29/2023 at 10:32 AM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The screen comparison is kind of a bit, dare I say it, embarrassing? The Reading/Leeds ones look 3x bigger.

Also... pretty sure the back of my head is in this photo somewhere, ha!

I don't like the wraparound screens. The people on stage get lost in what's happening around them.

10 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

31 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

If we are doing that, let's get rid of all the dance music. Wouldn't miss that either.

No meat and no techno? I'm out.

16 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

Do you not use them in between round the camp? Or wash them out so they aren't all sticky with cocktails in your pocket? Bloody weirdo 😉

I have a collection of them from glasto and other festivals in the campervan. 

Tbh, I usually do rinse them out as I'm a responsible drinker and have a water in between my booze drinks! 😜 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

That would put me off tbh one thing that’s often mentioned on here is the great choice of food at Glastonbury , it’s also held on a dairy farm … they also might struggle to fill their pitches ? Maybe start with a specific food area that’s veggie / vegan 

It wasn't a serious suggestion but I would say that having no meat on site doesn't mean that you have bad food choice. 

It being on a dairy farm is no relevance, Shambala is on an estate with a cow herd. 

48 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Where are you going to put all the crew live-ins and tents that currently occupy that space?

Somewhere else. Crew get shifted around all the time and are always second priority to an entertainment area. There will be a reason why that areas is licenced as it is, if there was no way it could be used for anything other than camping it wouldn't be zoned as a late night entertainment area.

On 8/27/2023 at 8:11 PM, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Would just like some more variety in music after dark.... same as everyone else really.

That and some more immersive wierd and wacky stuff like the old alley in Shangri-la. Boomtown has way overtaken the vibe at Glasto now. Make it eccentric again, it's too normal 🤣

Think this is a really good point. Glasto could definitely focus on two or three localised areas and go further down the immersive route like BT - actors, exploratory areas/bars etc. I guess the issue is that if it's a hit, it could get overcrowded very quickly with the numbers on site.

On 8/28/2023 at 11:29 AM, Gingerfish79 said:

More Metal would be awesome, it’s always been a seriously under-represented genre at the festival of contemporary arts. The worlds best Metal bands are in circulation in the UK and Europe around the time of the festival so there is no real excuse. 

Hard agree, it's been something I've always wondered and I think the demographic of Glasto would certainly lend itself to a few metal/hardcore bands in the day. It would be cool to see a band like Architects get an early other stage slot or similar - maybe even Woodsies. I think the 'Metallica weren't a popular headliner' and mass appeal of metal points are a completely different argument to the rationale behind more heavy stuff lower on the undercard.

15 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Ah well

There's always Download

A thread about realistic ways to enhance everyone's experience and this is your response? Nice contribution 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

I know you're joking but it's interesting to think whether it would actually stop people attending the event. 

People definitely go for the food and dance music but I think you'd lose more people from stopping dance music then you would if there was no meat available.