Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

36 minutes ago, sandorbeni said:

They always had at least one in recent years, so I'm pretty sure there will be. Although I have no idea of who she could be next year.

Hopefully not Avril Lavigne. She and PJ Harvey (also touring) could be nice subs though.

Also Green Day tour dates in Europe are announcing soon, could they be one of the first headliners?

52 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Any word on The Killers? 👀 

Killers seems likely imho, they could have been easily booked last year (were around), but for some reason they were not. I guess that reason could be that they were already booked for next year.

Therefore my current predictions would be:

Heads: Green Day, The Killers, Martin Garrix, Sam Smith (or sub?), The National, + One Big Pop Name

Subs: PJ Harvey, Azahriah, Bastille (he wasnt last year, so he for sure will be this one), Pulp

Other Names: Tom Odell, Avril Lavigne, Fred Again

Edited by lukatej

2 hours ago, rowexx said:

are we going to get a pop girly head or sub this year too?

that's what she said

Btw a lot of people are saying Green Day, but i wouldn't get my hopes up,  almost everytime they come to Europe for festivals they are playing late June+July only. 😞

Apart from Sam Smith and Fred the Red or whoever this guy is I'm really clueless.
Except if the clouds+hello were for Adele as I guessed earlier.

We'll be probably smarter after the Frequency announcement as we got two of their headliners last year.

11 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Killers seems likely imho, they could have been easily booked last year (were around), but for some reason they were not. I guess that reason could be that they were already booked for next year.

Would they come to Europe three summers in a row?

37 minutes ago, sandorbeni said:

Would they come to Europe three summers in a row?

yeah, thats only downside, but on the other hand they have new album. 🙂

I guess its just my deep wish, we will be smarter once Aug festivals reveal first names

Maybe some more mysterious hints from Leaks for us to play? 🙂

On 10/24/2023 at 6:47 PM, Sziget2024_Leaks said:

They weren't.

yep, sadly lol 😭 (although these could have been great clues ^^)

About Green Day, they'll announce their Tour on 2nd November, just like RockAmRing is giving their FULL line up on this same date.. so my guess is, they'll be in Europe in June, so no Sziget.

Maybe Sziget might try to give Maneskin a headline spot, just like they did with Dua Lipa when she was "less" popular..

25 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

The National and The Smashing Pumpkins announced for InMusic Festival in Croatia for the end of June 🌞

I think that means they're ruled out, bands who play in Europe in June rarely stay until early/mid-august.

Edit: I'd even rule out Green Day based on this, because they will tour with Smashing Pumpkins next year, so their schedule is probably similar + they always come to Europe for June and July only.

Edited by kristofm
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, activean said:

If it is Fred again, what stage/slot do we think he would get? 

I imagine he is to big for anything but main, so maybe subheadliner like Rufus du sol (it would be a shame if he plays in daytime) or a headliner? 

Lorde/Twenty One Pilots/Shawn Mendez slot. Subheadliner who is billed as a headliner.

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

Lorde/Twenty One Pilots/Shawn Mendez slot. Subheadliner who is billed as a headliner.

Is he really that big to be billed as a sub/head on main?

I would be happier to see him in A38 in the night rather than 19.30 main, but we will see...

7 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Is he really that big to be billed as a sub/head on main?

I would be happier to see him in A38 in the night rather than 19.30 main, but we will see...

He's absolutely huge in the UK/Benelux/France/Germany... and he's still on the rise. Sold out big arenas on his recent tour. His popularity in Eastern Europe is a big question though cause he's never played there.

33 minutes ago, Newjem said:

He's absolutely huge in the UK/Benelux/France/Germany... and he's still on the rise. Sold out big arenas on his recent tour. His popularity in Eastern Europe is a big question though cause he's never played there.

(not THAT much in France ; he did a "Zénith" last month, which is 6.000-7.000 capacity. It's good, but far from the biggest areas in France)

I'd say subhead like Rufus du Sol , or a beautiful spot at night in the A38 ^^

9 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

(not THAT much in France ; he did a "Zénith" last month, which is 6.000-7.000 capacity. It's good, but far from the biggest areas in France)

I'd say subhead like Rufus du Sol , or a beautiful spot at night in the A38 ^^

He did 2 nights there. But you also have to consider that his entire tour sold out incredibly fast and his other dates were in much bigger arenas like Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam or Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin (both have capacity around 17k).

With his next album on the way, he could be even bigger next summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

He did 2 nights there. But you also have to consider that his entire tour sold out incredibly fast and his other dates were in much bigger arenas like Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam or Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin (both have capacity around 17k).

With his next album on the way, he could be even bigger next summer.

The both zeniths were sold in a few minutes (I heard like less than 10) so could have sell much more. 

• Upvote 1