Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

They'll probably miss them just like The Killers this year. Would be glad to be wrong 

I'd be very surprised if they missed them with them being so close. WOW is starting to deliver a great line-up. Would happily take all of QOTSA, PJ Harvey, Fred Again.. and Pulp.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, poelim said:

With Dua Lipa releasing new music/album, any chance she’ll be back next year? No tour announcement yet but with the album on the way.. 

I think it's a little too soon. I'd take her, banger after banger, but strong rumours of her headlining Glastonbury so she might use that as a platform to do her own tour in late summer. Never say never, but I'd be surprised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

The National in Copenhagen, August 6

Unfortunately, my son wasn't very well on the night The National played in 2019 so we missed them. However, I'm sure I've read that the crowd turnout was very sparse. If that's true, are they likely to be invited back? Or has their cache grown in the intervening 5 years?

2 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Unfortunately, my son wasn't very well on the night The National played in 2019 so we missed them. However, I'm sure I've read that the crowd turnout was very sparse. If that's true, are they likely to be invited back? Or has their cache grown in the intervening 5 years?

yeah.. it was the smallest crowd ive seen at sziget.

its just not the kind of band that the sziget crowd wants

21 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

17 minutes ago, dolevshelly said:

They were pretty amazing though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dolevshelly said:

I think is the kind of band Sziget wants, but not for a headliner. They are perfect for a38, but they are too big for that stage. That's a big problem. They could be at Sziget as a co-headline name. Would be great, they are in great shape right now

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

I think is the kind of band Sziget wants, but not for a headliner. They are perfect for a38, but they are too big for that stage. That's a big problem. They could be at Sziget as a co-headline name. Would be great, they are in great shape right now

actually it was co-headline with macklemore. that was great for getting a spot in the front afterwards, but bad otherwise.

17 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Thanks for rubbing it in 😉

With how sziget is set up(6 days), it does not do them any harm to have a more leftfield headliner for the size of the festival. Down the years they have pretty much always had a headliner that is less popular than the rest. Which is good for diversity I would say, although I am sure sziget organisors would prefer bigger sales. Especially as in the last few years there is less people paying for the full week.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, activean said:

A month ago someone at Wercher thread said she will do some festivals in June.

I dont think that makes her more likely for Sziget, but it is true she is a perfect Sziget fit

If she plays in 2024 it'll only be two years between headline slots. Has Sziget ever got an act back to headline again so quickly?

Just now, billybigballs said:

If she plays in 2024 it'll only be two years between headline slots. Has Sziget ever got an act back to headline again so quickly?

Yes, Dua Lipa. She headlined the festival in 2018 and was supposed to headline in 2020 but was obviously postponed to 2022.

5 minutes ago, DDave said:

One of the few bands from my era of going to gigs on a weekly basis (early to late 90s) that I somehow never got to see. If they don't get announced for Sziget, I might have to make the long, arduous 15 mile trek to Halifax 😉

Edited by billybigballs
  • Upvote 1